Now that the Cowboys have proven the premier team in Qld will...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
... Channel Nein show their matches on Friday night in preference to that other mob? I'm, of course, not holding my breath.
The Cowboys have beaten Brisbane in their two encounters this season. So, if Channel Nein have to show a Qld team on a Friday night - which is questionable - then why isn't it that State's finest?
The answer, as we all know, is that they don't care about the quality of the spectacle or spreading the game, it's only about ratings.
They obviously don't think much about the passion of Queenslanders for RL, believing they won't watch the sport when there are non-Qld teams playing.
C'mon Independent Commission. You have the chance to rid us of this pathetic, short-sighted broadcaster!

MadMarcus said:
Central Coast Eagle said:
I'm pretty sure the Cowboys prefer to play their home games on Saturday night as well...

Since when does it matter what the clubs want?

When they're based in Queensland. Or have a home ground in Wollongong, or at Kogarah.;)

lsz said:
They pay they chose seems simple to me

That's the problem, and it needs to change. The Independent Commission must control the sport and do everything to make it an even playing field (no pun intended). They must dictate the terms, not have to follow the directions of a media outlet.
If it means getting less money for broadcast right then so be it, in the short term. The NRL can save plenty just by reverting back to one referee for each match. And by doing what fans want, such as more daytime and Sunday matches, crowds will be bigger and revenues will be higher.
In the long run the sport will be better off, and broadcasters will be even more rabid about paying for TV rights than ever.
Don't forget that the fans are the lifeblood of the sport - not a TV network.

yep they request mostly sat nights to help their out of town fans (fair enough).

Brisbane request Fridays.

We request Sunday arvo games.

2 out of 3 get their wish most of the time.

we get screwed

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4