Now Sharks want Cherry

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
Premium Member
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/manly-sea-eagles/cronulla-sharks-set-to-offer-daly-cherryevans-richest-pay-day-in-nrl-history-20141119-11py2m.html

No wonder they call it the off season..
All our players are off, the "reporting" continues to be off, the administration is off the planet.
Somebody wake me up when the footy season starts...

Would be easier if they just link him and Foz to every club. Will probably end up that way before the season starts anyway.

These reporters love their fantasy lol.

They base all of this on the fact that DCE and Barba are pals.

If the fishies have that sort of coin, I wonder if they have a cap either? surely Fifita, Gallen and Lewis already chew up a fair bit of that.

I like the rest of you want the silly season to end and lets hope we get a decision one way or another ASAP

dowdz said:
Would be easier if they just link him and Foz to every club. Will probably end up that way before the season starts anyway.

Don't stop there Dowdz. By the new season kick-off I'll expect them to be linked to every sport imaginable...can than play cricket..'course they can...sign 'em up:p

I heard that north Sydney also want Cherry.

He has as much chance of winning a premiership with norths as he does with the sharks

Serious question.

If the Sharks are as poor as they've been claiming over the past few years, how can they afford to pay Ben Barba a reported 600 grand per year plus offer Cherry a million dollar contract? One day they are in the press moaning and groaning about being almost broke, can't find sponsors, then they go and offer contracts in the vicinity of a million dollars. Doesn't make sense to me unless they've suddenly convinced Bill Gates or Richard Branson to back them.

Do we actually have a salary cap these days?

Loobs said:
He'd be better off playing for the Narrabeen Sharks

Ah the memories, I played 14 seasons with the Narrabeen Sharks. Good old Lake Park was like playing on concrete.

I just cant see him leaving Manly, sorry lads / laddettes. We have far too many positive things going for us top to bottom, and he has a small famiky on the beaches, and.is established.

I just cant see him leaving Manly, sorry lads / laddettes. We have far too many positive things going for us top to bottom, and he has a small family on the beaches, and.is established.

HoldenV8 said:
Serious question.

If the Sharks are as poor as they've been claiming over the past few years, how can they afford to pay Ben Barba a reported 600 grand per year plus offer Cherry a million dollar contract? One day they are in the press moaning and groaning about being almost broke, can't find sponsors, then they go and offer contracts in the vicinity of a million dollars. Doesn't make sense to me unless they've suddenly convinced Bill Gates or Richard Branson to back them.

Do we actually have a salary cap these days?

I've wondered this for some time. They have also signed more players from Illawarra.

The NRL grant covers the Salary Cap so that isn't a problem for the Sharks. Add the Broncos paying half of Barba's salary over the next two years, and there is clearly room to build the squad up.

Considering the DCE rumour against this is simply a hypothetical.

Ryan said:
I just cant see him leaving Manly, sorry lads / laddettes. We have far too many positive things going for us top to bottom, and he has a small famiky on the beaches, and.is established.

I just cant see him leaving Manly, sorry lads / laddettes. We have far too many positive things going for us top to bottom, and he has a small family on the beaches, and.is established.

I'll second that. Oh... Hang on. You already did.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4