Now it's the Raiders turn for silly season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Kangaroos and Canberra front rower Dave Shillington has been arrested for drink-driving after returning a test more than twice the legal limit.

Shillington was arrested at about 6.30pm on Friday, December 11, in the inner-north Canberra suburb of O'Connor.

He recorded a blood-alcohol level of 0.115, more than twice the legal limit of 0.05, when breath-tested during Operation Unite, a national police blitz.

The 26-year-old made his Australian and Queensland debuts this year, after joining the Raiders from the Sydney Roosters.

He toured Europe as part of the Kangaroos squad in October and November.

Raiders chief executive Don Furner has only just become aware of the charge and says he will speak to Shillington in the coming days.

He says the matter will be reviewed after Christmas.

-ABC/AAP

Ok.... I'm not sure about this.

I was at the normanby hotel on sunday the 6th and Mr Shillington was there then it was only about a week ago that my missus (works for virgin blue) checked him in to fly out...... I know it sounds weird but we both thought it was uncanny to see the same footy player only a few weeks apart.... the reason I bring this up is i'm sure he was still in brisbane on the 15th....

I guess who really cares?

She was with me at the normanby and I pointed him out to her.

It wasn't like "Hey I checked in David Shillington today"

It was more "Hey, remember that footy player we saw last sunday? I checked him in today" hahaha

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2