Now its 8 on 1...do we have 9!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

quinny

Reserve Grader
Been reading a lot of comments from different publications and forums etc-and one common theme disturbs me as it should the coach and players. People lining up to call us DOGS and GUTLESS because we went in 4-8 on 1 (depending who tells the story) to bash One Stom player on the ground.
Can't wait to some of these personalities to come face to face with some of our lads, about how they have been portrayed in the media. You gotta be careful shooting your mouth off with such beat up rubbish. Very irresponsible in the extreme.
It has become a feeding frenzy, which is disappointing as a Manly fan. I can handle the us v them mentality, it's great-but our footy team is now being slandered with some atrocious one sided journalism that will scar us for years maybe.
I would really like to hear an interview from Brett, Kieran, Robbo, Darcy and Glenn regarding their intentions. I believe there was nothing sinister nor gutless, just boys protecting their own.
This lop sided Manly 5 on 1 thing must be really hurting these guys right now-because it's the main theme across cyberland etc. Personally, it is starting to cut with me and make me feel like kicking the next door neighbours cat over the fence lol
What do you guys think?

Gordon Tallis called our team, Unaustralian.

Don't you like how its mainly the career 'dog' players that have come out condeming the fight.

I love it…As long as we’re comfortable as a club that our players aren’t gutless or dogs then let the rest of the public make fools of themselves.

It’s great to be back to the days where the players will thrive off the boos of opposition fans. It’s the ultimate compliment.

You wouldn’t see anyone sipping into the Sharks or the Titans in the same situation…no one respects and fears them.

People respect and fear manly, and it’s great.

It has gone from the sublime to the ridiculous. Some of these people have never played a game of sport in their lives. Others have serious agendas and are incredibly partisan. The subtlety of a few is a worry.

The Manly players did what any other player would do in the same situation. The issue has dragged the Melbourne niggling and wrestling off the front page and out of sight, something that was exploited and exposed in 2008. Melbourne must be laughing.

It was a real bad look, that's a fact.

It was real poor form by Brett and Darcy, I cannot condone their actions. But they were no worse than Blair ripping uppercuts into Darcy while he was being held in the initial dust up.

Robbo got off with no suspension but I reckon he'd be as pissed as anyone about the whole thing. Black mark and carry over points against his name now and he did absolutely nothing other than try to stop the fight.

As I've said before, I understand why our guys, and the Melb bench players, got involved. I would have preferred to see all of them warned, but not suspended. Blair and Gift obviously need to front the judiciary.

As a Manly fan you have to look upon all this Manly bashing as being envy by all those poor bastards who support lesser teams. We are privileged to support the best team, and many live in the best place in Australia.

Manly is the best thing going for the NRL. Envy breeds hatred, and every time we overcome adversity and triumph it irks them further. We are the focus of the game. Really, apart from Brisbane because they have a city monopoly, what other team puts bums on seats and RL in the news?

I got sent of in U/16's for running in to break up a fight. My dad came in to the judiciary hearing and told off the ref. Maybe Glenn's dad should do the same. worked for me. Just sayin.

bob dylan said:
It was a real bad look, that's a fact.

It was real poor form by Brett and Darcy, I cannot condone their actions. But they were no worse than Blair ripping uppercuts into Darcy while he was being held in the initial dust up.

Yep 110% correct

I'm on a 4WD Forum (nothing to do with footy just my other love) and we usually talk about Fourby's, Tyres etc etc and then on the general chat area, Politics, world news etc etc.

My signature on this forum says what vehicle I have and also says "Proud Supporter of the Manly Sea Eagles"

There's now about 150 posts to a thread on this issue with every other bastard from all over Australia ganging up on the lone Manly supporter and the use of words such as "scum, grubs, losers, dog acts, blights on the game blah blah blah" is coming from everyone.

I have defended them all week, but last night just said "enough is enough" I can never change their views and they'll never change mine.

If I had a cat (I hate the bastards) I'd kick it from here to the Gold Coast!!

fLIP said:
Gordon Tallis called our team, Unaustralian.

Don't you like how its mainly the career 'dog' players that have come out condeming the fight.

This incident has highlighted even further what idiots guys like Terry Kennedy, Gordon Tallis & Wayne Bennett really are. All commented on the 'dog' nature of the 2nd fight by Manly players. Most participants where actually trying to seperate the players.

Bennett obviuosly has an agenda, Tallis to a degree as he coaches souths. Kennedy is just a little weasel who probably has never played a game of tackle footy in his life!

Am I the only one, or is there others out there, that believe one of the main reasons Manly players ganged up on Blair is because the Manly line was closer to the fight than the Storm line? Im pretty sure if it was Manly defending their tryline and the figtht broke out wouldnt the Storm players have been the first ones in, simply because they would be closer?
It seems like a very basic point, but I dont understand why it hasnt been brought up yet?

You only have to take a close look at the footage to see the event in the clear light of day.

1st melee: From the original elbow on Lussick to Gifts no punch involvement to Blair throwing uppers into Lussick.

2nd melee: From Blairs obvious intent to those from both sides merely restraining others rather than throwing more punches.

If any of the footy shows are serious they would invite Manly on and cover the whole saga via the footage with a clear explanation from us of what we all see. If this media rubbish is set to continue then this sort of balance will be necessary and Manly need to get on the front foot. Must be done post judiciary but there is plenty of opportunity to do this before Rnd 26.

Blake said:
Am I the only one, or is there others out there, that believe one of the main reasons Manly players ganged up on Blair is because the Manly line was closer to the fight than the Storm line? Im pretty sure if it was Manly defending their tryline and the figtht broke out wouldnt the Storm players have been the first ones in, simply because they would be closer?
It seems like a very basic point, but I dont understand why it hasnt been brought up yet?

Yeah this is 100% correct, if this was in between the two team or at the other end of the park, it would have been the other way around

Blake said:

Could not agree more. But

Brett and Lussick had no right doing what they did. It wasn't half as bad as people are making out but it was bad enough. Why did they want to get involved. Glenn can look after himself, fair enough if he was getting beaten up.

bob dylan said:
Could not agree more. But

Brett and Lussick had no right doing what they did. It wasn't half as bad as people are making out but it was bad enough. Why did they want to get involved. Glenn can look after himself, fair enough if he was getting beaten up.

Storm grubby cheating tactics. You see it in each segment of every game. I hope im not the only one to see this whole saga clearly as the blight on the game that is the melbourne storm.

Fonz said:
I got sent of in U/16's for running in to break up a fight. My dad came in to the judiciary hearing and told off the ref. Maybe Glenn's dad should do the same. worked for me. Just sayin.

Hang on , I thought the Fonz's dad left him and his mum when he was a little boy?! Was it your step dad?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6