1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now is the time we have to be positive

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by chrisos, Apr 21, 2009.

1. chrisos

chrisos Active Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 19
    We have to remain positive,losing stewart is a massive blow,but in saying that it does not mean we cannot continue our winning form and continue to win games.We have 16 other players who really need to stand up and be counted and we as fans need to all stay positive and back our boys-we are Manly! we depend alot on stewart although the team consists of 17 not 1 so im still feeling positive about our season,it all starts on saturday,GO MANLY!

2. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    The main difference between now and the 1st fours games, is that through this time we should hopefully have Williams, Matai and Lyon on the park the whole way through.

We just now need to play to some different strengths for the time he is out, altering our game to be rolling up the guts with our pack, and stiking with Lyon and Watmough/Matai

3. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Remember Matai was out for two of those losses.

4. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    And just for you DSM, if lyon or Matia were kicking goals instead of Orford (or Orful as you call him) we may have just won a few of those games.

5. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Really Jethro?  I hadn't noticed that, but I hope you're noticing a new conciliatory tone in my posts.  I'll be looking for Mathew to play an excellent attacking game. 

6. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,519 / 50
    I agree. Remain positive. If we can win enough games without Stewart to make it to the finals, we'll have him back when it counts. People need to turn up in force to matches and spur Manly on. Still the Premiers. Still have great players in the team and you can rely on me to take really good care of Brett while he recovers.

7. Ian Martin tragic

Ian Martin tragic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    that's footy.
    Rethinking the attack seems essential now. And/or experimenting with fullback options. Any options better than Bani? (or is this all being done to death on the other threads....

8. DailyTerrorgraphHater

DailyTerrorgraphHater Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Somebody give Orford an injection of flair and creativity before this weekend.

9. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    ok Im thinking positive ,
    is that enough ?

10. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    Great opportunity for Manly fans to clean up, eg $34 for minor premiers currently. Expect all our odds to drop after we smash the Cowboys - without Stewy.

11. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    ill be happy just to win this weekend to shut all the doubters up