now for 2011

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
Good news for brett and all involved on his side,im ecstatic.Now for 2011,does anyone feel quietly confident that this now means we are in for one hell of a 2011 season? With our best player back on board and our other players returning from injury/suspension etc.. i think we could be back to 2008 form,bring on 2011,brett to return and us to win the comp!

Thinking this as well. Today would have sent a massive shot across the bowl for teams with title aspirations next season

01. BRETT STEWART
02.DAVID WILLIAMS
03.STEVE MATAI
04.DEAN WHARE
05.MICHAEL ROBERTSON
06.JAMIE LYON
07.DALY CHERRY-EVANS
08.JASON KING
09.MATT BALLIN
10.BRENT KITE
11.ANTHONY WATMOUGH
12.GLENN STEWART
13.KEIRAN FORAN

14.SHANE RODNEY
15.TONY WILLIAMS
16.MATT CROSS
17.GEORGE ROSE

01. Brett Stewart
02. Micheal Robertson
03. Dean Whare
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Matai
13. Glenn Stewart

14. William Hopoate
15. George Rose
16. James Cunningham
17. Shane Rodney

speed, speed, speed and more speed.

Ryan link said:
01. Brett Stewart
02. Micheal Robertson
03. Dean Whare
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Matai
13. Glenn Stewart

14. William Hopoate
15. George Rose
16. James Cunningham
17. Shane Rodney

speed, speed, speed and more speed.

That's pretty much the team I would have

Steve Matai warming a park bench for first 7 games isn't it?

Gotta pray for Snake's knee to be 100% repaired and his form up to speed quickly enough. A good looking team and should be fully motivated to achieve.

Go Manly!!

well take out the Dragons game and hes got 6 to go, take out another 2-3 trials he may have 4 or 5 to go, take out the four nations if theyre taking that into consideration and the bloke will be running around freely in 2011

brookiegreg link said:

Gotta pray for Snake's knee to be 100% repaired and his form up to speed quickly enough. A good looking team and should be fully motivated to achieve.

Go Manly!!

far as I know he will miss 4 4nation games and 3 Manly trials

01. Brett Stewart
02. Micheal Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Joe Gulavou
15. George Rose
16. Tony Williams
17. Chris Bailey
We all know that this will be the team for round 1 ill put my life on it !

Copa Eagle link said:
01. Brett Stewart
02. Micheal Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Joe Gulavou
15. George Rose
16. Tony Williams
17. Chris Bailey

I would put my life on it if I were you, Matai wont play round 1.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
[quote author=brookiegreg link=topic=185557.msg299289#msg299289 date=1285746672]

Go Manly!!

far as I know he will miss 4 4nation games and 3 Manly trials
[/quote]

Four Nations games don't count as he was suspended before the final squad was announced (still hasn't been announced), even if he is considered a certain starter. Precedence has been set with Fa'alogo a few years ago.

And as WAMF said only one trial counts. I think he's out for the first five rounds next year...

Will Glenn miss Round 1 then if only 1 trial counts?

Be a shame for him to miss his "bro's" potential first game back.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=185557.msg299266#msg299266 date=1285744322]
Thinking this as well. Today would have sent a massive shot across the bowl for teams with title aspirations next season

Across the bowel.

They all just shat themselves.
[/quote]

Right across the bowl.

In terms of trials and suspensions, my understanding is that there are two sanctioned NRL trial games which are included in a players suspension.  A suspended player can play in the non sanctioned NRL trials but even if they miss those games it won't count off their suspension and willstyles is correct.  Matai can't use the four nations games so we won't see him for a while yet.

In terms of the starting backline at least for next year I think one person who might be thankful for Matai getting suspended is Cherry-Evans.  To be honest I wasn't overly keen on resigning Steve, not because I don't rate him.  I just think we had more than enough cover in the outside backs and being on decent money we could do with help in other areas.  My biggest fear with us resigning Matai is that Des would pair Lyon & Foran back in the halves to start the year.  Lets not forget that was his first choice pairing his year and Hodkinson only really got a shot due to injury.  I know Des said Hodkinson was always going to get a chance, but he also said DCE was going to get a chance as well and that never happened.  I think Matai suspension almost forces Des's hand as he might feel more inclined to leave Killer in the centres with Matai out.  Personally I would have let Matai go and given his spot to young Hoppa, he is class and surely can't be wasted in the lower grades anymore.  He can play in the centre and kill it, there is no doubt in my mind about that.  With Matai being suspended my round 1 backline next year is:

1. Stewart
2. Robbo
3. Hoppa
4. Lyon
5. Wolfman
6. Foran
7. DCE

If Matai wasn't suspended, I'd suspect Des would put killer in the halves and and DCE would miss out.   I don't think Des has proven himself to be a massive risk taker as a coach and that's the safe option which I think he'd go with to start the season.

I have to say after the euphoria of yesterday I am filled with more optimism today. Having one Snake back could make a massive difference and hopefully his full recovery will bring that.

But (and I hate to be negative) I will wait until I see what the forwards do for us as they failed to lay the platform this year and with my betting head I can't see why it will be any different from this year. Another new starter in the halves and lackluster charges up the middle could see us struggle. I'm still very disappointed to our finish this year when I believe we still had the squad to make an attack on the premiership and we didn't.

I don't know why I am writing this but I guess I believe deep down it will be at least until 2012 or beyond before we are serious contenders again. I'll still be cheering Manly but I won't be wasting my hard-earned with the bookies until I see a change.

I hear Galuvao had torn a peck muscle, and may be out for 12 months in our last game this year???

Maybe I am wrong.

Copa Eagle link said:
01. Brett Stewart
02. Micheal Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Joe Gulavou
15. George Rose
16. Tony Williams
17. Chris Bailey

I can't see any reason why this team can't win the comp, barring injuries and suspensions of course.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4