Now do you believe me?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
Just watched the Footy Show knobs talk about the stuff on report from titans game. And aparently Strerlo the midget bald gimp and the rest think it is a big laugh how Idris punched Jamie Lyon in the face and then they got serious and repeatedly showed the tackle by Jamie Buhrer and Lussick. Not one mention of Ashley Harrisons dog hit on Mauro. But your right Sterlo is a top bloke.

Now do you beleive me?

I hate Hadley bu he s right about Sterling.

Hadley reckons he is a deadest ****.

And that Anthony Griffin with the biggest smile in the post match pressr he is dead set the lucjiest coach in history. How do they get every friday night till round 9 then a sat then a friday again. Its outright cheating by the NRL

The only NRL commentator that i respect is slats. He is a manly supporter (i know fatty is, but he is a toss).

I also find it funny the only footy commentator I like is a cricketer.

Channel 9 news and the only snippet they play about people being placed on report is buhrer and lussick. Yet the titans had 3 blokes on report for dog act head shots. No justice

I've heard that repeatedly about Sterlo.
Just brushes everyone.

Must admit I haven't watched the Footy Show in years. Rather watch the grass grow.

I know i sound like a nutcase banging on about this stuff but honestly its all perception. And i have seen enough of the way we get treated in both print media and tv we get a very very raw deal. Im not saying it is a targeted campaign but it happens to us very regularly. You only have to look at the way the battle of brooky was reported to see what i am talking about. They were actually laughing today on the footy show about Lyon getting knocked out by Idris. Yet on the footage of brooky brawl it was reported as horrible and a blight on the game, but a punch in the head whilst your being talked is a laugh when its against Manly. Im just sick of the lop sided bull**** that gets dished up when it comes to us. So if sticking up for Manly is wrong, I dont want to be right!!!!

And jatz im not saying its the reason we lost, im just pointing out how inconsistent the Media are when reporting about different clubs. I mean Melbourne cheated for the best part of half a decade and nobody gives them the same ****, they are treated like demi-gods.

Chillax. Some people don't like us, big deal. I Thought it was something we revelled in, not complained about.

As for the media coverage in the news. As much as the high shots from the Titans players, the Lussick tackle looked by far the most dangerous and in a split news grab it was always going to be shown. No Big Deal.

Sterlo hates Jamie Lyon.

I find the whole us vs them mentallity more tall poppy syndrome than anything else.
Its almost a tribute in an abusive way due to recent success, where opposition fans, commentators ect seem happy when things go against Manly.
Maybe its a backward compliment & I kind of like it in the sense we get the final laugh at these same ppl, who are forced to backpeddle & jump on the Seaeagles bandwagon by seasons end with plenty of egg on their mugs.
Lets put it this way, the moment they stop is usually an indication we are no longer 1 of the main threats & that is a sad day. ;)

voicefromthehill said:
Matabele said:
Masked Eagle said:
Sterlo hates Jamie Lyon.

Yes because it is entirely acceptable for his old club to force a guy to play within days of his wife having a miscarriage.

Are you serious! Had never heard that before (of course you are though it's not a joking matter)

True. Caused Jamie to turn his back on the eels. Sterlo never got over what he considered a dog act against 'his' club and when Killer signed with Manly he took every opportunity to denigrate him. He has softened a bit in the last two years but he has genuinely never got over it.

OneEyedEagle said:
The very little respect I had for the little man that looks like yoda has all gone after reading this.

I heard Sterlo on Triple M last Monday talk about when he was growing up in the early 70s he loved watching the Manly team run around. He spoke with real passion for that team and in particular the English imports. He didn't go as far as to say that he supported Manly in his younger years but he certainly gave that impression.

He has softened his stance on Jamie over the years... but I'm sure he still hasn't forgiven him.

I like Sterlo for the fact that he is balanced (at least more balanced than the rest of the league media), articulate, witty at times and speaks with genuine knowledge and passion for the game. The way he told the audience so bluntly last week on Triple M that Sandow is playing overweight.. that is quality.

simon_eagle said:
OneEyedEagle said:
The very little respect I had for the little man that looks like yoda has all gone after reading this.

I heard Sterlo on Triple M last Monday talk about when he was growing up in the early 70s he loved watching the Manly team run around. He spoke with real passion for that team and in particular the English imports. He didn't go as far as to say that he supported Manly in his younger years but he certainly gave that impression.

He has softened his stance on Jamie over the years... but I'm sure he still hasn't forgiven him.

I like Sterlo for the fact that he is balanced (at least more balanced than the rest of the league media), articulate, witty at times and speaks with genuine knowledge and passion for the game. The way he told the audience so bluntly last week on Triple M that Sandow is playing overweight.. that is quality.

I have heard Sterling say a few times before that when he was a kid he was definitely a Manly supporter. I dont reckon he is biased against us - I reckon he calls it the way he sees it generally. If we had a player who did what Lyon did to Parra we would be filthy on him too - or dare I say a coach who did the dirty on us.

The highshots will most probably get swept under the same carpet the highshots the dragqueens put on the tigers players. No charges

As for Buhrer's tackle, that wasn't as bad as farah's tackle but guessing it will be graded the same.

ManlyBacker said:
voicefromthehill said:
Matabele said:
Masked Eagle said:
Sterlo hates Jamie Lyon.

Yes because it is entirely acceptable for his old club to force a guy to play within days of his wife having a miscarriage.

Are you serious! Had never heard that before (of course you are though it's not a joking matter)

True. Caused Jamie to turn his back on the eels. Sterlo never got over what he considered a dog act against 'his' club and when Killer signed with Manly he took every opportunity to denigrate him. He has softened a bit in the last two years but he has genuinely never got over it.

Wow i had never heard this was the reason also!! did this ever come out? is it fact or did you hear from someone?
There always had to be a reason as we see how Jamie plays week in week out and how he is a big team man i could never see him walk away with out a reason.

Parramatta are a bunch of muppets i cannot deal with Sterlo either something about him and he is the biggest sit on the fence type going IMO

The Indian said:
simon_eagle said:
OneEyedEagle said:

I have heard Sterling say a few times before that when he was a kid he was definitely a Manly supporter. I dont reckon he is biased against us - I reckon he calls it the way he sees it generally. If we had a player who did what Lyon did to Parra we would be filthy on him too - or dare I say a coach who did the dirty on us.

If its true about the reason why killer left then there are no excuses, he needed to be with his wife and family to grieve, they should have been more supportive.

I also don't hate Dessie, I'm not happy tht he left but think there are two sides to every story and we will never get to really know why he left, i.e. for money or other reasons.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6