1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now Cronulla are keen on our halves

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by c eagle, Jan 17, 2015.

1. c eagle

c eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +452 / 52
    Cronulla has said they are interested in a halves partner for barba, halves available are Reynolds,Hodkinson,keary,d&e,Robson ,seizer and Foran...... If rumours are true and we do lose foran to parra, I wonder how strong DCE and barbas bond is............ We potentially could lose both our stars in one foul swoop, this could be massive as our club has said all along these two are the future and plan to build around them, and it seems strange that a club is coming out just now to show its intentions of signing some one like DCE and Foran , this has been dragging on for months...... Surely deals would have to be in the final stages for these two , either going or staying. It has never crossed my mind previously, but to lose both would be catastrophic.

2. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,649 / 74
    To lose one half is unfortunate, to lose both looks like carelessness. Lady Bracknell.

• Like Like x 3
  3. weev

weev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +684 / 17
    Are we still looking for a handbag full of money ?

4. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    So who is to blame if both go ?

5. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    I really don't know why some of you are so keen to buy into the speculation every day. Sounds like you love the drama. To me it's quite mundane. Of course everyone wants our stars, if they didn't it would mean our players were duds. We have great players signed and ready to play for Manly this year, next year will be no different, so why be a worrywart?

• Like Like x 3
  6. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,557 / 32
    Cronulla would like to buy our whole team, it's the only way they'll ever win a premiership.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    To be honest I'd be amazed if all clubs don't speak to at least one if not both of our halves.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mjb136

mjb136 MWSE fanatic Premium Member

sydney
    Ratings:
    +1,462 / 32
    What cronulla would like and what they will get are world's apart.

Such a joke of a team.

9. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,649 / 74
    A handbag?

Cronulla's handbag had something else in it apparently.

• Like Like x 1
  10. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,086 / 27
    ..If we lose both halves, we will have lost a whole. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  11. Snake

Snake Doing The Eagle Rock!

Ratings:
    +2,535 / 135
    Let's not forget Foran was a done deal with Canterbury at the end of 2012 if you believed the media...so Parramatta done deal is not necessarily so.

I remember when Bellamy was toying with St George, the done deal changed between them and the Storm over 4-5 times in the 24 hours leading up to the actual signature.

Moral of the story is believe it when u see it!

12. Kevinward777

Kevinward777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,253 / 32
    Manly would have a back up plan for sure...if he goes he goes and we can move on to plan B. Buy a couple of new faces and challenge again like we always do.

13. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    its not like C eagle to panic on a paper rumour

• Like Like x 1
  14. c eagle

Ratings:
    +452 / 52
    A
    are you serious, just pointing out a possibility of losing both, which would really set us back....... What's wrong with making a comment like that.

15. Prez

Prez Active Member

Ratings:
    +132 / 1
    Ben Barba is no 5/8th. DCE will have his work cut out for him if that's going to be his halves partner...

16. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,278 / 131
    The deal offered to Foran by Parra is rumoured to be $1.3m a year.

I cannot see any player being worth that much and it would irresponsible to pay one player that much.

A team would be stuffed if the player suffered a season ending injury in the first couple of games.

17. c eagle

Ratings:
    +452 / 52
    What..... 1.3 million per season, at that sort of coin I'd pack his bag and open the door for him to leave....... That much on one player is ridiculous.

18. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,610 / 46
    Not only would I not try to outdo an offer of 1.3m per season, I wouldn't even offer to match it. IF that is true......see ya Foz!!

19. manlywarringah

manlywarringah Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +894 / 27
    I agree.

I would be amazed even for parra's incredible standards if that amount is true.

Maybe that's what's left on their cap and the media are assuming that's what they'll offer.

I would go to 800,000 per year but that would be way under other offers.

Cherry is my priority and I would move Lyon to 5/8 and give a young gun the chance of first grade.

Someone suggested months ago about moving Taufua to centre and the more I think about it the more I like it. He's powerful, can hit hard in defence and runs hard with a good finish. It would also solve his catching problems.

If that doesn't work then Hiku or Gutherson to centre with even Blair a chance.

Or...we try & sign Maloney or sezer and have an established 5/8 at half the cost.

Either way I think keeping foran is a long shot. It's a pity but also a way of life in footy.

It would also mean we have cash in the salary cap bank to spend on the forwards.