Now Cronulla are keen on our halves

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
Cronulla has said they are interested in a halves partner for barba, halves available are Reynolds,Hodkinson,keary,d&e,Robson ,seizer and Foran...... If rumours are true and we do lose foran to parra, I wonder how strong DCE and barbas bond is............ We potentially could lose both our stars in one foul swoop, this could be massive as our club has said all along these two are the future and plan to build around them, and it seems strange that a club is coming out just now to show its intentions of signing some one like DCE and Foran , this has been dragging on for months...... Surely deals would have to be in the final stages for these two , either going or staying. It has never crossed my mind previously, but to lose both would be catastrophic.

I really don't know why some of you are so keen to buy into the speculation every day. Sounds like you love the drama. To me it's quite mundane. Of course everyone wants our stars, if they didn't it would mean our players were duds. We have great players signed and ready to play for Manly this year, next year will be no different, so why be a worrywart?

What cronulla would like and what they will get are world's apart.

Such a joke of a team.

Let's not forget Foran was a done deal with Canterbury at the end of 2012 if you believed the media...so Parramatta done deal is not necessarily so.

I remember when Bellamy was toying with St George, the done deal changed between them and the Storm over 4-5 times in the 24 hours leading up to the actual signature.

Moral of the story is believe it when u see it!

Let's not forget Foran was a done deal with Canterbury at the end of 2012 if you believed the media...so Parramatta done deal is not necessarily so.

I remember when Bellamy was toying with St George, the done deal changed between them and the Storm over 4-5 times in the 24 hours leading up to the actual signature.

Moral of the story is believe it when u see it!
Manly would have a back up plan for sure...if he goes he goes and we can move on to plan B. Buy a couple of new faces and challenge again like we always do.

Ben Barba is no 5/8th. DCE will have his work cut out for him if that's going to be his halves partner...

The deal offered to Foran by Parra is rumoured to be $1.3m a year.

I cannot see any player being worth that much and it would irresponsible to pay one player that much.

A team would be stuffed if the player suffered a season ending injury in the first couple of games.

What..... 1.3 million per season, at that sort of coin I'd pack his bag and open the door for him to leave....... That much on one player is ridiculous.

Not only would I not try to outdo an offer of 1.3m per season, I wouldn't even offer to match it. IF that is true......see ya Foz!!

Not only would I not try to outdo an offer of 1.3m per season, I wouldn't even offer to match it. IF that is true......see ya Foz!!

I agree.

I would be amazed even for parra's incredible standards if that amount is true.

Maybe that's what's left on their cap and the media are assuming that's what they'll offer.

I would go to 800,000 per year but that would be way under other offers.

Cherry is my priority and I would move Lyon to 5/8 and give a young gun the chance of first grade.

Someone suggested months ago about moving Taufua to centre and the more I think about it the more I like it. He's powerful, can hit hard in defence and runs hard with a good finish. It would also solve his catching problems.

If that doesn't work then Hiku or Gutherson to centre with even Blair a chance.

Or...we try & sign Maloney or sezer and have an established 5/8 at half the cost.

Either way I think keeping foran is a long shot. It's a pity but also a way of life in footy.

It would also mean we have cash in the salary cap bank to spend on the forwards.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8