Now all this talk about Souths with third party deals lead me to one question...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Third party deals are hard to come by, you need to be a NewsLtd club or have a movie star at the helm to get close apparently.

The problem is that the 3rd party deals have to be from a company/entity that is not a current sponsor.  I assume most clubs business connection would entail some form of sponsorship/connection.

Lets face 3rd Party deals are just another way of clubs being able to cheat the cap but do it 'legally'.

Exactly.

The whole idea of the cap is to keep it a level playing field......obviously the rich clubs with plenty already coming in the door that dont need any more sponsorship are going to be in a better position for 3rd party deals.
They have the luxury of being able to say "Dont give the club money, give inglis money so we can have him". Where as the poor clubs have to beg for money for the club just to stay alive.

Ant80 link said:
Where the f##k are ours?

We're suppose to be the club that everyone hate's and is jealous of.
We aren't faring too poorly. Consider that several years ago we were almost gone, yet since then we have attracted several marquee signings, made 2 grand finals, won a premiership and a WCC, and made the finals for the last 6 years straight.

For 2011 our roster might not be the envy of the league, and we might be ranked 12th by bookies, but there is proven ability and fresh potential in our playing ranks. (Doubters can watch a replay of this year's belting of the Tigers at Bluetongue.)

For a lot of years we prospered by being the best administered club in the league. Just how did we sign a string of the biggest names in the game to finally get us regularly into the winner's circle? It wasn't just the allure of the sea air, I can assure you. We were labelled the Silvertails because we could afford to buy the best, and we didn't shy away from the label, we embraced it. So what has changed? We don't like the competition?

There are SOME celebrities for example that hang off the coat tails of The Sea Eagles brand, that I would like to see do more to be honest. Especially one's that are married to billionaires. Surely there has to be SOME contacts there.

Good call SeaEagle, although these 'third' party agreements smell of cap breaching.  Pablo is correct when he says of the, 'give it to the kid rather than the club', makes the 'level' playing field look ridiculous.  Why would a company go down this road?  Surely a company with money to spread around would gain more from backing the club than an individual.  It's simply smells of a deliberate redistribution of cash to assist a club over the cap, orchestrated by a dodgy CEO..  

A third party deal in Sydney is a lot harder to get as there are buckets of teams competing in the same market. In Brisbane or Melbourne it is one club and much greater exposure, from a company that is not officially sponsoring a club. For it to happen, the company has got to get something out of it - they don't do it for free. The non-sponsor bit is why Inglis and Souths stink with this deal - as the money is coming from current revenue streams and is a top-up payment rather than a 3rd party deal.

Read something alarming today as well seems Mr Schubert was at a Roosters function and was discussing the Inglis thing and said it won't go through.

I'm sorry but his role in the NRL should come with a confidentiality clause and he should be given the Coke and Sars(arse) straight away if it happens to be true

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=186081.msg308600#msg308600 date=1291466134]

For a lot of years we prospered by being the best administered club in the league. Just how did we sign a string of the biggest names in the game to finally get us regularly into the winner's circle? It wasn't just the allure of the sea air, I can assure you. We were labelled the Silvertails because we could afford to buy the best, and we didn't shy away from the label, we embraced it. So what has changed? We don't like the competition?
  We allowed a bitter old man to shaft the best administrator and replace him with a Kiwi cab driver.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=186081.msg308612#msg308612 date=1291502066]
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=186081.msg308600#msg308600 date=1291466134]

We allowed a bitter old man to shaft the best administrator and replace him with a Kiwi cab driver.
[/quote]

If your talking about Mayer.  Can't agree.  Over-rated to the extreme.  We chased plenty of big name players while he was in charge, especially when it came time to replacing BK.  We went after everyone from Pritchard, to Gallen, to O'Donnel, EVERYONE.  Then we went on about how building a team backed his recruitment policy.  I'd give him about 1.5% credit for turning our club around, IMO Des & Crusher did the lions share of the work and he just rode the coat tails.  Not to say he wasn't an OK CEO, but he was by far the best administrator in the game. 

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4