1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noticing something in the media....

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by eagles2win, Mar 23, 2011.

1. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    we're getting positive coverage. Dare I say it like prior to the 2008 grand final

2. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    I think they may have realised there was something in us all whinging about getting the lion share of Monday night games

3. brookiegreg

brookiegreg Active Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Trust the buggers as far as you can throwem - they'll use ya and abuseya til the cows come home - OK I claim the cptn obvious award for today ;-)

4. Central Coast Eagle

Central Coast Eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 2
    They're just as fickle as the fans are, wait till we lose another game, they'll be death riding us again.
    The stuff about Brett is to suck up after putting the boot into him 2 years ago aswell

5. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    When the media start routinely describing Stewart's 4 week suspension as "excessive", "inexplicable", "outrageous", "disgraceful", or similar then I'd start to think maybe their was a micrometre of regret or rethinking about the disgraceful treatment he received. 

If they can routinely label him as "disgraced" for 2 years for nothing more than being falsely accused, and reportedly refused service of alcohol and responsibly catching a cab home - when a repeat DUI perpetrator gets labelled "courageous" and "brave" and gets 0 weeks suspension from Gallop - then they could make an effort to add just a smidgen of balance by calling his 4 week suspension and his vilification "disgraceful" IMO.

6. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Yeah, well said Rex. My sentiments to a tee.

7. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    Well said
    [hr]Post  automatically merged: [time]1300883597[/time][hr]
    They may also realise there's a defamation case coming their way and are now trying to lick arse.

8. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Maybe a suck up, but ultimately they are about selling papers.  Its a good story coming back from where he's been, I don't think its meant to stop a lawsuit.  Brett also appears to be talking to the media again and I presume he's just trying to get along with his life now, which is a good thing.

9. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    I hope it smells like servitude for them

10. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,803 / 53
    I agree with you Rex but to be honest I am just grateful that all the bad publicity has stopped and the good publicity has started.

11. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    Me too MM.  And yes, there is no way to change the past.