Note to Bob Reilly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How many years do you have to be a FC member to be able to vote. I think that it used to be 2

Met Bob Reilly - nice bloke
Met Zorba - nice bloke
Met Crusher - nice bloke
Met Vidmar - nice bloke
Would like to meet MGT, but she's a smart girl and would move away too quick if she saw me.
Plus I've met several of the posters on here, and Jono despite being a crap drummer, and a closet fan of Gillard, is a nice bloke. He even makes sense from time to time.
Think half the crap we go through is due to the various factions having their own agenda's, and then we don't help matters by stirring up the Silvertails populace.

I have a plan. Vote me onto the board and I'll just sit back here in Newcastle, read the revealing truths in the Daily Telegraph, Courier-Mail, and these forums, and make up my mind based on these truths for the board. Whoever appears to be winning the arguments or simply just posts the most, along with the wonderful revelations and suggestions made by Rothsfield, Kent, Wilson, and Wiedler will be the direction of my board submissions. This way you can be assured I act on behalf of the Manly fans, and the wonderful League fans the Daily Telegraph represent. ;)
I'm sure that way we'll have a stable board, by the people, and for the people.
Afterall, no-one here would ever go off half-cocked, without the full story, like Gallop does.....We're Manly Fans! ;)

This is where I find it gets murky wheel.

Based on the below, the football club is not responsible for player or coaching staff contracts, that belongs to MWSE LTD which is made from 2 x Penn votes, 3 x Football / Leagues club vote and 2 x Delmege/Quantum.

The football club owns the naming right and team colours + min 10 games a year at Brookie oval.

How can we point the finger at the football club regarding contracts, i.e. Hoppa and Des fiasco when MWSE Ltd own the contracts.

There is an underlying problem and your right, either one or the other has to walk away to guarantee stability in the future.

What do the issue’s actually stem from. What I have heard in the past it has been :

- Penn or Delmege faction wanting to take more games away from Brookie
- Introduction of KPI’s (Delmege / Football club)
- Football club not being paid for doing work with merchandise, membership and I have probably miss a lot of other things
- Delmege financial woes, late payments, jobs for the boys however Quantum have now stepped in (surfside ticket).

Are we laying blame into the football club incorrectly, obviously to me it looks like a power play between the Penn faction and the Football / Leagues club faction. I am really not certain what role surfside plays in all of this.

Fluffy, I have often thought of that also but from the surface the coaching staff seem aligned to them

It’s a basket case of a situation that needs to be cleared up. I am happy to use my vote (not that one vote will make the difference) at the next AGM if it’s for the right cause and brings back stability however I require more information to form an informed opinion and be able to make a decision based on that.

I don’t think it’s just that clear cut, i.e. vote the board out (football club) or buy Penn out.

The club will survive however it has damaged the image. Once again we have missed the boat, we had an opportunity of selling the image of the club and reap the financial rewards. The internal bickering is like a reoccurring terminal cancer.

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited

Privatised company that holds the NRL Licence and participates in the National Rugby League (NRL) competition.

Contracts players, coaches and administration staff, conducts Game Days at Brookvale Oval, provides Corporate Hospitality and Sponsorship opportunities, markets and sells merchandise and membership,

Four shareholders - Manly-Warringah Football Club, Surfside (Manly Football), Penn Sport and Manly League Club.

Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Limited Public

Owns 16.97% of the ordinary shares in the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited.
Holds one Preference Share in the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited giving the members of the Football Club ownership of the Name and Colours.
The preference share guarantees no less than 10 home games at Brookvale Oval.

Current Shareholders of Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited

Penn Sport Pty Ltd 40.726%
Surfside Manly Football (Quantum/Delmege) 37.249%
Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Ltd 13.113%
Manly-Warringah Rugby League Club Ltd 8.912%
Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Ltd 1 preference share

Directors of the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited

Penn Ticket

Get 2 votes:
Scott Penn (Chairman and co-owner)
Kerry Chrysiliou (Penn Sport appointee)

Football Club and Leagues Club Ticket

Get 3 votes :
Bob Reilly (Football Club appointee)
Melinda Gainsford-Taylor(Football Club appointee)
Peter Spray (Manly League Club appointee)

Delmege/Quantum ticket

Get 2 votes :
Phillip Sidney (Surfside appointee)
John Walstab (Surfside appointee)

At the risk of earning DSM5's ire for expressing an opinion that may be contrary to his....

I'm not wildly perturbed by developments as I suspect Toovey is well versed in the culture Hasler has established. I just think we need to make sure Crusher is retained.

However the manner of these regular ructions over the last 5 years is perturbing and I fail to see why so much power is afforded those who contribute so little financially. Surely the patience of those who do write the cheques will eventually abate, in which case get yourself measured up for Central Qld Comets jerseys.

"I am shattered and shell-shocked," Reilly said. "I can't get my head around it. I just thought he wouldn't go."

Sorry to get back to the topic of the thread. I know it's going to be a looooong off-season.

But the quote above said something. "I just thought he wouldn't go". Has the management (i.e. Reilly) taken Des's maroon and white blood coursing through his veins, for granted?

Loyalty is a funny thing. If you have your loyalty used against you, you can flip it back like a vindictive lover, and move that loyalty elsewhere.

Does Des really want to drive out to Belmore Oval every day? Probably not. But at least he is still 'loyal'.

Matabele, your comments re this fiasco are similar to mine. Don't lump yourself in with Ryan. Toovs will take the reins and we will soldier on. I can't recall when Crusher came to the club and I don't know his relationship to Des or his contract deal with the club. We may lose him or not. Who knows at this time. However I don't see the sky falling in and I certainly won't be falling away with my support of the Sea Eagles. I've lived through many pathetic administrators/coaches/players at the club and will continue to do so in the future. All hail to the Eagles.

The entire lot needs to hold their heads in shame. The football club, the private owners and the board known as Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited, they just couldn’t keep their petty squabbles in check for the good of the Sea Eagles.

Sure Tooves may be able to step in, he may or may not be successful that is the unknown. In my eyes this board will never be forgiven in the way they have treated Des with disrespect and the fiasco and total contempt they have for football club and ticketed members and all general supporters of this great team.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6