Note to Bob Reilly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why are we bagging each other for. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I have never met Vidmar, don't know him accept from seeing him on Barefoot Rugby League and posting here occasionally and has always conducted himself professionally. He works or volunteers for the club and has to be seen doing the right thing.

Please guy's don't take it out on each other, just let it be and respect individual opinions.

I still stand by statement that if Des has gone, then heads should role at board level in allowing it to happen. Hey, thats just my opinion.

Ryan you are a complete dickhead. I have commented on many players over the last five years, and so have you, some good, some not so good. I'm sorry if you haven't enough pull with the club to get Matty back, but I'm personally very happy with DCE. You must have trolled a long way back for my comments re Matai, and good for you. Way back then I didn't read your positives on his rushing plays and constant suspensions. And Jalores, we won the premiership with the board that we have. Go figure. If Hasler asked for 5 Million, my guess is, you would have demanded the board pay it.

And Gronk. I'm playing against two posters here. And I haven't left the field.

I am not loyal to anything but the Maroon and White. I look at what is best for the club as a whole.

This is what I see:

1) Brett would never have been suspended if it wasn't for Grant Meyer's report on the happenings at that season launch. Its this report that Gallop has constantly used as his scapegoat.

2) We had internal issues under Grant Meyer, issues that were resolved when Graeme Lowe took over as CEO. If Grant Meyer was doing such a good job, why did he have to be removed?

3) Zorba has been loyal to Manly but as a Media manager he is past it. We needed someone better and more in tune with the way the media is today, not 20 years ago.

4) Everything falling flat on its face after Zorba going (e.g. Des possibly going) proves that Zorba had much more pull in that club than anyone else. Why keep someone involved with the club to keep a coach there? Is Des really worth so much that we are willing to see the club go down in flames around them?

In the end, if Des wants to go, go. If any others want to go, that's fine too. No one is bigger than the colours and until they realise this they are expendable, no matter how good or nice they are.

This is where I get to Bob Reilly. Bob Reilly cannot be blamed for these decisions on his own. Quantum have come in to help out and run the place like a business. They too thought that Zorba had to go as media manager, not just Bob Reilly. I agree with the decision they made because it was for the good of the club

If Des has decided to go because they got rid of Zorba, then that is a sad look on Des. It will also be a sad look on the players if they leave because Des has gone.

I will always look at both sides in a vote for the Football Club and Leagues Club. Why, because any ticket deserves that respect. However, who I vote for will be who I believe is best fit to run both boards and represent us on the Sea Eagles board. I will not get rid of someone unless the alternative is going to improve things.

DSM5 said:
Ryan you are a complete dickhead. I have commented on many players over the last five years, and so have you, some good, some not so good. I'm sorry if you haven't enough pull with the club to get Matty back, but I'm personally very happy with DCE. You must have trolled a long way back for my comments re Matai, and good for you. Way back then I didn't read your positives on his rushing plays and constant suspensions. And Jalores, we won the premiership with the board that we have. Go figure. If Hasler asked for 5 Million, my guess is, you would have demanded the board pay it.

And Gronk. I'm playing against two posters here. And I haven't left the field.

No I wouldn't want the club to pay it. I just don't believe this is about money this is about Des being upset if it was about money he would have stayed as in the Manly Daily story Penn say's they got the money together. I predict tomorrow we will here from Des and Manly it's about the challenge when we should be told the truth because at the moment we have a cancer eating our club. It is not bad enough that everybody else hates us but it looks like we hate each other at the moment and that is so sad.

Hey Gronk. How did you figure I got owned? By Ryan? He's just never got over my joy at seeing his favoured gnome being shown the door. He was another greedy person playing the 'I'm bigger than the club' card. And Jalores, predict all you like, NOBODY KNOWS YET why Hasler rejected the Manly offer. It's just speculation as to the reasons and so posters shouldn't, in my opinion, go off bagging anyone..... yet.

DSM5 said:
Hey Gronk. How did you figure I got owned? By Ryan? He's just never got over my joy at seeing his favoured gnome being shown the door. He was another greedy person playing the 'I'm bigger than the club' card. And Jalores, predict all you like, NOBODY KNOWS YET why Hasler rejected the Manly offer. It's just speculation as to the reasons and so posters shouldn't, in my opinion, go off bagging anyone..... yet.

Fair enough but we do know there has been a lot of friction in the club and it is time to clear it all up

Ryan said:
This is what happens when you have volunteers with personal agenda's talking on peoples behalf. Get rid of the dinasaur, before he sinks the place.

Nice job Perry and Reilly!!! Zorba please run the ticket to oust the board members that refused to resign Des earlier in the year.

..................................................................................

The above is a reply to the Manly daily article submitted by a person called Ryan. Are you that person Ryan?

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
If Zorba runs and is successful, I can see a period of calm and stability....not. Please can people just relax and not go into a lather. Imo 'good ol Zorbs' is a big part of the problem.

hey dsm

why do you think zorba is part of the problem. Not having a go just curious to see what brings u to that conclusion.

WAMF said:
Jono, Zorba wrote the report and has admitted to doing so.

Then that makes my point even more valid.

Everyone, my point above is very simple: don't go off blaming people when we don't know the full story. Let's wait until we hear about Des tomorrow, then make the appropriate decisions when we hear the facts, not just assume things after hearing them in the DT or SMH

The major part of that report which has been used continually to bash the club and Brett over the head for the past two years by Gallop is the erroneous 'fact' that the players was asked to leave the venue due to drunkenness. The report was written in haste and contained that major inaccuracy. The players were asked to leave because the venue was, in fact, being reconfigured for later use. In fact, Brett had left the venue before the other players were asked to leave. He left with officials from the club.

DSM5 said:
The major part of that report which has been used continually to bash the club and Brett over the head for the past two years by Gallop is the erroneous 'fact' that the players was asked to leave the venue due to drunkenness. The report was written in haste and contained that major inaccuracy. The players were asked to leave because the venue was, in fact, being reconfigured for later use. In fact, Brett had left the venue before the other players were asked to leave. He left with officials from the club.

Thanks DSM5

Exactly DSM - so does anyone else see the irony in Zorba being great mates with the Stewart brothers, when he helped land Brett in the pooh in the first place, both before and after that season launch?

And people wonder why Zorba's time was finally up.

The big issue in all this is how we have two Owners pouring millions into our club and yet we have a football club (that gives little info to the members - and sometimes misinformation - eg Mayer had to go because he was trying to take Manly away from Brookie, whilst supporting Gosford games) that outvotes those putting their hard-earned up. These 'volunteers' seem to be in direct opposition to the coach, the CEO, the fans and their actual charter!! I have never voted in Football Club elections but I am open to be persuaded who to support this time!!!

This is probably the reason the Penns want Zorba on the Board. More dysfunction. That's what's needed. Reminds me of the Daley era.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4