Not these 3 too?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I suppose I can tell you all now given that the majority of it is already out in the open.

People may recall me making a mention about family in one of my earlier posts, I think it was even before Des made a move.

The HSC has now completed.

Put two and two together and you get a good indication why he put off the announcement to move as long as he could.

MrInvisible said:
I suppose I can tell you all now given that the majority of it is already out in the open.

People may recall me making a mention about family in one of my earlier posts, I think it was even before Des made a move.

Put two and two together and you get a good indication why he put off the announcement to move as long as he could.

I agree that he had already signed long before it was announced. Which totally contradicts the other bulldog troll that keeps saying Manly's offer was higher and he didn't leave for money.

bones said:
MrInvisible said:

I agree that he had already signed long before it was announced. Which totally contradicts the other bulldog troll that keeps saying Manly's offer was higher and he didn't leave for money.

Welcome back bones :) good to see you back

I reckon its pretty filthy that Des held negotiations behind the scenes without Manly knowing. He gave us no chance to work things out.

Ceagle said:
I reckon its pretty filthy that Des held negotiations behind the scenes without Manly knowing. He gave us no chance to work things out.

Not only that, but what sort of coach negotiates with another club in the week leading up to the grand final.

Ceagle said:
From my understanding of the timeline of events (mainly media based), Des wanted to exend his contract earlier in the year but the board kept stuffing him around and putting it on the back burner.

Then Peters got sacked and tensions started to raise, but still the board sat on their hands.

Before they knew it the Bulldogs were talking to Hasler and tabled a huge offer. Manly counter offered a huge sum of money, but the damage by then was done.

It wasn't that Manly were offering more money, but that relations between Des and the board were already shot. He wouldn't have cared where he went as long as it wasn't staying at the club.

I don't know if the recent jumping of ships from other staff is out of spite, or because they too are unhappy with the board.

If it's the later, then there are serious issues that need resolving ASAP. If the board is driving away staff and coaches, players won't be too far behind.

I guess the million dollar question is who will depart first, players or the board.

As an Dogs fan, even I can say it royally sucks how this has played out for Manly supporters. As fans you guys deserve so much more from your board. At the very least the CEO updating the supporters on what they are trying to do to stabilise the situation.

History suggests that Hasler, Foran and any other player that leaves Manly will fail, and regret the move. The number of personell that have improved after leaving Manly over the years is minimal. How many premierships did Frank Stanton win at Balmain? 0
I recall Doug Daley holding a team meeting back in 88 or 89 and saying any player who didn't want to be there could leave. Dale Shearer left and was a shadow of the player he was at Manly. I know there has been threads on the topic before of how many players leave Manly and kick on in their career. Phil Blake was one who never lost anything after leaving but I can't think of many more.
Hasler will not be as successful at the Dogs and Manly will have the last laugh... of that I am sure. I Can't wait for Tooves to take over.
Also.... The master coach Jack Gibson.... How much success did he have at the Sharks? Not very much at all.

MrInvisible said:
Ceagle said:
From my understanding of the timeline of events (mainly media based), Des wanted to exend his contract earlier in the year but the board kept stuffing him around and putting it on the back burner.

Then Peters got sacked and tensions started to raise, but still the board sat on their hands.

Before they knew it the Bulldogs were talking to Hasler and tabled a huge offer. Manly counter offered a huge sum of money, but the damage by then was done.

It wasn't that Manly were offering more money, but that relations between Des and the board were already shot. He wouldn't have cared where he went as long as it wasn't staying at the club.

I don't know if the recent jumping of ships from other staff is out of spite, or because they too are unhappy with the board.

If it's the later, then there are serious issues that need resolving ASAP. If the board is driving away staff and coaches, players won't be too far behind.

I guess the million dollar question is who will depart first, players or the board.

As an Dogs fan, even I can say it royally sucks how this has played out for Manly supporters. As fans you guys deserve so much more from your board. At the very least the CEO updating the supporters on what they are trying to do to stabilise the situation.

I can disagree on one point. Zorba was not sacked. He was offered another position , which he rejected and threw a tantrum. They wanted someone more media savvy in the role of media manager which is fair enough.

The player I am least confident of retaining is Glenn Stewart. He will fit straight in on Stagg's rediculously high contract. I dont think he will stay just to stay with his brother. Their not siamese twins. Des loved Glenn.

Foran is a risk. He will also receive a a big offer from the Roosters. They see him and Pearce has being a dymamic combination. Keeping Foran will be difficult.

Cherry-Evans will receive a big offer from the Tigers. Sheens loves him. There was strong mail he had agreed to terms with them half way through 2010 but stayed at Manly when Hodkinson signed with the Dogs. The chance to play beside Benji and play under a coach that really suits ball flow is appealing to all half backs. He wont stay at Manly for Unders. If he doesnt sign an upgrade in the next few months which will extend his term at Manly, then that is a sign he is testing the open market for offers.

Brett Stewart is a signing risk because of his chronic knee. Onr area Manly does better than other clubs, is our medical and rehab facilities. This coudl be crucial in Brett wanting to stay.

Every club in the comp is going to offer a contract to Lussick. And if is early season form is good he certain to get big offers.

MrInvisible said:
Ceagle said:

What? Like release the information on four staff staying with the club, under the strong feedback provided by the playing group?

How about that the club has a board meeting tonight and it's best to work out the way ahead together, then spill comments to the media in ones and twos and make a further impression of a dysfunctional board.

You're a nice enough bloke but you're also falling into the hype created by the media, and appear to be ignoring the positive announcements and forgetting that other issues can't be discussed ad hoc and need events such as tonights board meeting to occur, prior to comments.

castle eagle said:
mickqld said:
So just how long has Des been conspiring with the Bulldogs admin to poach staff and destabilise the Manly club to the point where we have no alternative but to sack Des. This then paves the way to sign players with get out clauses even if they dont want to leave the dogs will throw bucketloads at them to induce them to exercise the get out clause. This has been going on for a lot longer than just since the G.F this has been going on for months. IF this becomes reality then Des will have signed his name into the records as the most infamous and hated person this club has ever had. I hope it isn't true but the evidence is mounting. If he goes and so too a couple of players then there is no choice but to believe this is the case.

i've been thinking back over the season & i find it hard to recall many re-signings of our players this year. i know there have been a few of late but not much else. maybe hasler has been planning this for quite some time & not worrying about retention too much.

Why did The dogs sack Moore 1/2 way through the season if they didnt have something lined up?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7