1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not these 3 too?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Manly Daly, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Manly Daly

Manly Daly Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    WHAT THE %^$#@ , Fox sports saying,
    FORAN, Lussick and Snake looking to go...........speechless

2. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Now we know why Des gave Lussick his premiership ring!!!!!!

3. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,243 / 131
    Just repeating what is in the telegraph today. Nothing new.

4. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    Speculation and rumours. Can't see snake leaving without his brother. Nor another club throwing big money at a fullback with constant injury worries.

5. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Darcy will stay if Manly want to keep him as via twitter not long ago
    Dave Warwick found Foran in the 1st place so there may be a bond there
    And Bones spoke to Snake personally a couple of weeks ago who said to him he don't want to go anywhere

6. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    No doubt Bones is a reliable source but remember Hoppa told 1000's he was coming back to Manly also. Atm all appears speculation but only a fool would not recognise there have been talks with Foz of some kind. Spoke of this earlier where like Des or not - there is a vested interest. This does not mean Des is directly poaching star players but the fact is many who have enjoyed success under him will consider following. Nothing more can shock after the recent debacle - its now like losing a fingernail after losing an arm.....Tooves is the man.

7. Manly Daly

Manly Daly Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    I dont believe most that comes out of the Telegraph, but how many times have we seen where theres smoke theres fire, total agree with the Hoppa example and surely as these players leave (2013) shouldnt we be doing our own poaching with the funds they must (including Des) free up, and give the supporters some reassurance. It just seems like all one way traffic, out the door at the moment.

8. Masked Eagle

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    I've said previously, I doubt we'll lose too many players because of Des. The number 1 reason will be dollars and as we are the premiers our players are always going to be hunted a little bit more by opposition clubs and considering the depth across our team in most cases they will be offering more than we can afford within the cap. We just have to put in place a processes where if we get within the same ball park money wise it will be enough to keep them. If they offer astronomical figures we can't get close too, then they go and would have done if we had no issues with our boardroom or even if Des was staying.

9. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Des will be using Cleal via proxy.. But be realistic Hasler has vested interest and every many player is a candidate to move with him.

10. Masked Eagle

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Which is why I think having Toovs in place for next season gives the players a taste of life under a different coach. They might realise they don't miss Des as much as they thought.

11. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,706 / 257
    Spot on

The Brisbane Lions AFL Club won 3 Premierships (in a row), and then were decimated in much the same way we are being taken apart.

Professional sport is like that, everyone craves success and they will do anything to get it including raping and pillaging another successful club in the same sport for players and staff.

Money talks these days and any losses we do have will be more about money than "doing a Daaaarious"

12. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,743 / 57
    So just how long has Des been conspiring with the Bulldogs admin to poach staff and destabilise the Manly club to the point where we have no alternative but to sack Des. This then paves the way to sign players with get out clauses even if they dont want to leave the dogs will throw bucketloads at them to induce them to exercise the get out clause. This has been going on for a lot longer than just since the G.F this has been going on for months. IF this becomes reality then Des will have signed his name into the records as the most infamous and hated person this club has ever had. I hope it isn't true but the evidence is mounting. If he goes and so too a couple of players then there is no choice but to believe this is the case.

13. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,401 / 130

Hoppa lied. He agreed to the Eels deal in May as I posted at the time.

Foran is gone, Lussick might stay. Stewart is an outcast as far as other teams are concerned and Souths or the Gold Coast would be the main players for him if the Dragon rumours are wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  14. master blaster

master blaster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +674 / 4
    so is that a given BD about foran ?

15. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    As good as he is, I'd let Foran go to keep DCE anyway.

16. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,401 / 130
    Lets just say I hope its wrong.

Whare, Oldfield, Harrison, Foran, Mauro, DCE, Riccardi, Buhrer, TRex, Robinson and Lussick need locking in long term.

I am not so worried about Lyon, Stewarts, Watmough, Matai, Ballin and Wolfman as they have served us well and as much as I would hate to see them go I wouldn't loose any sleep over them. These guys have Manly in their blood and will only sign one more nrl contract imo.

Harrison and Foran are the real worries.

17. Berkeley_Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Harrison only just came back from the ScumDogs

• Like Like x 2
  18. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Not nice Berks... They are the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs.

19. Berkeley_Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Nope were ScumDogs before this and will be ScumDogs forever more

20. castle eagle

castle eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

newcastle
    Ratings:
    +644 / 6
    i've been thinking back over the season & i find it hard to recall many re-signings of our players this year. i know there have been a few of late but not much else. maybe hasler has been planning this for quite some time & not worrying about retention too much.