1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not seeing the best of Greg Inglis

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Nutzcraw, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    It is a huge effort from Billy Slater to keep Greg Inglis out of position for so long.

All through Greg Inglis's junior career he played fullback and was absolutely devastating. He was deadset a freak.

The Greg Inglis we see today is an excellent player, no doubt about it. But, I never consider him a threatening player anymore. When Greg Inglis played fullback he was absolutely carving up every team he played. Scoring tries almost at will from anywhere on the field.

I know the competition is alot tougher in NRL. But, I personally don't think we will ever see the brilliance of Greg Inglis until he gets put back to fullback.

It may never happen.

2. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    I don't know about that, have a look at 2007 Grand Final

Although he has been relatively quiet this season and Gasiner really showed him up in SOO 1

3. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Apart from that game.

When was the last time you ever saw him be the difference in a game???
    He did it week in week out in juniors.

4. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Juniors is young guys and the stars stand out. He is an absolute freak of course but shouldn't be playing for QLD anyway!!

5. SilentBob

SilentBob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I think he would be fullback at just about any other club. In the halves is probably what he is least suited in the backline.

6. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Inglis does so many things right. He is still a real handful and I'd rather have him than not.