Not Rock Bottom (yet)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm not sure we are there yet, if we were to win our first ever spoon at the end of round 26 then I'm guessing that would be about it.

I'm not trying to be negative , rather realistic, but we need to consider that we have,

*More injuries to key players, after a year to date of serious injuries.

*Players who either don't want to be there or are out of favour.

*A rookie coaching team who seem totally lost at sea.

*Some mercenaries, who haven't really bought into the culture and are just doing what they have to and not much else.

*And the elephant in the room, the current drama and how this might affect things for the rest of the year.

Can you as as a supporter realistically see us winning another game in 2016? I would hope we do because if we lose the rest we are headed for the worst performance of a Manly team ever ( even the Beagles won more than 4 games), and an almost certain spoon.

I'll have faith, I'll still watch games, I'll still be on Silvertails but it will be far from a great experience.

So I don't think it is rock bottom but it's sure feeling a bit like it this morning.

With these latest injuries we will be in a dogfight with the Knights.Im confident we can just fend them off. My hope is that we use this period to identify future talent and don't just play the Burgess/Starlings etc of this world. Will achieve nothing.

I'm not sure we are there yet, if we were to win our first ever spoon at the end of round 26 then I'm guessing that would be about it.

I'm not trying to be negative , rather realistic, but we need to consider that we have,

*Some mercenaries, who haven't really bought into the culture and are just doing what they have to and not much else.

*And the elephant in the room, the current drama and how this might affect things for the rest of the year.

Can you as as a supporter realistically see us winning another game in 2016? I would hope we do because if we lose the rest we are headed for the worst performance of a Manly team ever ( even the Beagles won more than 4 games), and an almost certain spoon.

I'll have faith, I'll still watch games, I'll still be on Silvertails but it will be far from a great experience.

So I don't think it is rock bottom but it's sure feeling a bit like it this morning.
It doesn't feel great this morning but take solace in the effort that injury ravaged squad put in. They busted their arse when they could have quite easily folded and let them put a cricket score on us. That should have warmed the heart a little.

And for those that say the effort last night was not "Manly" per whatever their definition of that is, maybe go keep your winning streak alive supporting a different club. It hasn't always been great here despite the rosy sheen you used to gloss over the crap years in the past. The club is strong and the sun will come up soon enough. If you have to wear some losses, suck it up. You had ten years of finals. Be grateful for it.

Last edited:
Its a full rebuild.t's time to blood kids Liam knight even young Pratt and Armstrong.
The mix is wrong the signings don't seem interested. The concern is crap no one wants we are getting Wright, williame. Snake thanks mate but your best is now well behind you.
The key in building is blood in local kids with mix of experience which is Dce moving forward.

Great points mate, it's definitely not rock bottom but considering what we've been used to for many years, it sure feels like it.

The on field stuff is tough for supporters at the moment but the off field stuff really hits hard.

I really would of loved nothing more than a near full squad for our first Sunday arvo game of the season in front of a big crowd on the long weekend, but that won't happen.

Won't stop me from getting there though!

Our recruitment has turned out to be poor, with the exception of Parcell and Api. Both of these players have been great. However:
Kapow: Stop getting sent off. You are no use when you are not on the field.
Walker: He was soooo disappointing last night. Where was he, a SOO player, showing leadership, and was totally outplayed by young Tom Turbo. He's failed at 5/8, shown nothing at centre and is shaping as a 'myth'.
Myles: I've been one of his harshest critics, and couldn't understand why we recruited him. However, last night, he was brave and showed that he can off-load.
Brown: Another recruitment I couldn't understand. An average first grader and has shown just that. I can't blame him for last night because he played on with an injury. But he's not going to give us any impact, and is not what we needed.

Yes we are, our team has no heart which has been our biggest asset for years

New trainer who got the same results at penrith,huge shock there

A coach who came ninth with at the least the third best junior bae in the comp if not the best

Those players probably should just go to England, Matai would've played in the years gone by

The only mercenary i see it myles and he's predictably pathetic

On paper our roster is a final four squad with premiership aspirations but the current administration has torn this once great club into pieces

As for the elephant he's too busy eating pies with his mate the fossil and real coach

The same fossil who thinks Mitchell Pearce is a must have

The same fossil that let state of origin die forever after the first 4 in a row, who picked Bellamy over Hasler among other stupid decisions

The same fossil who should've had a threepeat but was lucky to snag one in the nineties and look at the morons he picked to replace him

The owners have only done one thing well and they didn't do that alone, getting brookvale upgraded however will mean nothing if the team keeps showing this lack of heart

As supporters we had it good. Now we are going to have tough times.
Recruitment is tough no one comes to club running near bottom. its those blokes who cannot play firsts at strong club target like monas

A couple of things,

Wont win another game this year??? I'm at my lowest point this season but that is crazy. Our last 4 games have been against teams in the top 5.

Will we make the 8, it is still possible but I cant see it. We we win the spoon, I'm extremely confident we will not

Also the comment "new trainer but same results as Penrith"??? Ferris came from the Gold Coast

It doesn't feel great this morning but take solace in the effort that injury ravaged squad put in. They busted their arse when they could have quite easily folded and let them put a cricket score on us. That should have warned the heart a little.

And for those that say the effort last night was not "Manly" per whatever their definition of that is, maybe go keep your winning streak alive supporting a different club. It hasn't always been great here despite the rosy sheen you used to gloss over the crap years in the past. The club is strong and the sun will come up soon enough. If you have to wear some losses, suck it up. You had ten years of finals. Be grateful for it.

Now that, Sir.....is the best post ever!

To all those about to let go.....

Anyone disappointed in that effort last night, as busted as we were, with everything seemingly against us.....well, it makes me think that there is a glaringly obvious problem alright.

The club hasn't lost the tough fighting spirit that personifies Manly. You have.

You can shield yourself behind whichever term you wish, be that "realistic", "disheartened", "pragmatic" or consider it just a matter of fact if you like, but I won't.

This is a rough patch we're in right now, and it may take a while to get through it, but you don't stop. You keep putting one foot in front of the other and battle on regardless. Manly fans are made of tough stuff. How about we look for positives? It's far too easy, and there are enough people already pointing out the negatives.

If anyone really, truly and sincerely believes that this team and club is letting them down, then it doesn't matter if you've supported Manly your entire life or have just come on board in the last couple of years, now is the time to part ways. No one will blame you. You've just lost, or never had the real, dig in when times are tough, Manly attitude. Just don't come back when we hit the good times again, because that would just be sad. A smart poster on here said once, "Tough times build character". Don't let tough times destroy yours.

Stick solid. Back the team. We'll be back!

Anyone disappointed in that effort last night, as busted as we were, with everything seemingly against us.....well, it makes me think that there is a glaringly obvious problem alright.

The club hasn't lost the tough fighting spirit that personifies Manly. You have.

You can shield yourself behind whichever term you wish, be that "realistic", "disheartened", "pragmatic" or consider it just a matter of fact if you like, but I won't.

This is a rough patch we're in right now, and it may take a while to get through it, but you don't stop. You keep putting one foot in front of the other and battle on regardless. Manly fans are made of tough stuff. How about we look for positives? It's far too easy, and there are enough people already pointing out the negatives.

If anyone really, truly and sincerely believes that this team and club is letting them down, then it doesn't matter if you've supported Manly your entire life or have just come on board in the last couple of years, now is the time to part ways. No one will blame you. You've just lost, or never had the real, dig in when times are tough, Manly attitude. Just don't come back when we hit the good times again, because that would just be sad. A smart poster on here said once, "Tough times build character". Don't let tough times destroy yours.

Love it, agree 100%. Thank you!

I think the amount of disappointment, anger, frustration everyone has shown on here merely highlights the love and passion we each have for the club and colours.

Everyone who follows this club knows the immense happiness it has brought us each at different points in our lives, so whilst we go through periods like this remember those times, because even though they feel a long way off, we'll all feel that again.

Don't lose the love for the maroon and white.

Oh don't worry I agree we WILL be back, lets not forget Rorters went from Spooners to Premiers from one year to the next (albeit mightily helped to win).

My hope is that the coaching staff give the up and comers a run, nothing ventured nothing gained, and to be honest they might surprise us all.

No doubt late in the second half the youngin's were having a real crack, Parcell his best game this year, Vave continues to shine, and Ferris (despite being knocked senseless in what will be the tackle of the year) tried his guts out.

However I agree with @susan I think it will be a battle for the spoon with the Knights, they I think are slightly worse than we are.

Regardless I'll still be cheering, especially if they blood some young players, any player who won't be with us next year needs to be used only if necessary and otherwise not at all.

• 🤝
Reactions: mbe

Thanks for that post mate. What a ripper! You look at Vave after the game last night, Cherry telling the trainer his ankle was good to go at the end of the second half even though he probably knew it was shot, Myles digging deep while visibly struggling, Brenton Lawrence playing through the pain of a torn pec and even staying kitted up because he knew we had no replacements left.

They feel it just like we do, they hurt the same as us.

Thanks for that post mate. What a ripper! You look at Vave after the game last night, Cherry telling the trainer his ankle was good to go at the end of the second half even though he probably knew it was shot, Myles digging deep while visibly struggling, Brenton Lawrence playing through the pain of a torn pec and even staying kitted up because he knew we had no replacements left.

They feel it just like we do, they hurt the same as us.

Agree 100% That effort last night was (as we call it) guts and nuts! I was very proud of the boys!!

• 🤝
Reactions: mbe
No doubting effort, tactically we seem inept in attack. But again this is a rebuild I just think we need to make some tough calls in some players old and new.
We got 3/4 of a good spine in dce, parcell and tommy. The likes of tapau, Walker, Jake T should be part of rebuild.
But a lot of blokes both old and new should be shown door.

The likes of Mateo, burgess have already been I say told no deal next year. While starling tries he had 3 seasons to show what he is made of which imo he a tackle bag. Killer retired as we know.
Tommy Symonds has been Moved on too by reports. Out of the new brown I just don't see value blood a young kid he been everywhere and not added value.
Myles play him off interchange as he not impact starting.
Snake and matai the question marks I say honestly we say thanks for memories start afresh.

Yes we are, our team has no heart which has been our biggest asset for years

New trainer who got the same results at penrith,huge shock there

A coach who came ninth with at the least the third best junior bae in the comp if not the best

Those players probably should just go to England, Matai would've played in the years gone by

The only mercenary i see it myles and he's predictably pathetic

On paper our roster is a final four squad with premiership aspirations but the current administration has torn this once great club into pieces

As for the elephant he's too busy eating pies with his mate the fossil and real coach

The same fossil who thinks Mitchell Pearce is a must have

The same fossil that let state of origin die forever after the first 4 in a row, who picked Bellamy over Hasler among other stupid decisions

The same fossil who should've had a threepeat but was lucky to snag one in the nineties and look at the morons he picked to replace him

The owners have only done one thing well and they didn't do that alone, getting brookvale upgraded however will mean nothing if the team keeps showing this lack of heart
A great summary of our faceless coaching director. When you piss off Dave Warwick and replace him with your son. Is it any wonder our club is in the ****.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6