Not many Hitler's around these days

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar
You don't meet many people with the surname Hitler these days. Think about it, used to be a fairly common name by all reports. Adolf had a reputation for wanting his bombers to FLY UNDER THE RADAR and was known to be a bit of a control freak. Used to spend a lot of time shouting. You could'nt trust him, he wanted to control everything. I reckon a lot of people called Hitler probably changed their names, some of them probably just substituted a couple of letters in their surnames. Reckon family traits would still shine through though....... just saying.

I Junee there is an intersection of Ball Street and Hiscock Avenue.

Thats right, Hiscock and Ball.

Google maps for proof.

Chip and Chase said:
Is that the corner where Laurie Daleys family home is ?

I think Daley lives on the corner of Ashley and Martin.

Bob, has someone put an 's' on the end of the street called 'Ball'?

Hitler...Hasler.

Two syllables, both names start with the letter 'H' and the second syllable in both is exactly the same!

As Dame Edna would say - 'Spooky!'

The Geoff Toovey, Winston Churchill connection is also intriguing. How many pictures have you seen of Winston holding up his fingers in two vee's signifying victory........Coincidence? I think not!

If Tooves is seen on the sideline wearing a bowler hat with a big cigar in his mouth next season that'll put any doubts I have to rest.

I see your connection -

If '2V for Victory' smokes cigars and has a brandy snifter at hand in the Coach's Box - then you really are onto something...

Phantar said:
I see your connection -

If '2V for Victory' smokes cigars and has a brandy snifter at hand in the Coach's Box - then you really are onto something...
Glad to see we're on the same wavelength:D

From Seaforth on Middle Harbour to Terrey Hills on the Kuringai Chase, an iron curtain has descended across Des Hitler's chances of ever returning to the Manly-Warringah club.

With apologies to WSC.

Did you know that the guy who sang that theme, Bud Flanagan, died only about a month later (in 1968)?

Winston Spencer Churchill on Mr Desmond Hitler:

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.

Read more: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/w/winston_churchill_2.html#ixzz1hP9Lmb9i

I did'nt know that Phantar. Winston was at the cutting edge of league commentary at the time and obviously was unimpressed with Des Hitler. Don't think he would have liked being called the British Bulldog either, he was Manly through and through..... remember this one.... Greenhindenberg: "Mr Churchill, your drunk". Churchill: "And you sir, are ugly. But tomorrow I shall be sober."

And his warnings about Mr Desmond Hitler were largely falling on deaf ears throughout that pre-Superleague War/early 21st Century period.

Now everyone knows that Sir Winston Toovill was onto something!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8