Not end of world!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Lets be straight up - the guys going walkabout for 2 years anyways. By then i'm sure we will have good solid wingers to compliment our style of play. If it was Foz or DCE i would be blowing up - with these halves & the Chocs Stewarts ect the team will remain solid & i personally feel a bidding war starting at 500k is nuts.
Good luck , seems a good kid but got it wrong with this apparent pre-meditated signing. Imo will have regrets.
In 2 years when he is coming back to a struggling team trying to reinvent himself in the NRL i'm confident we will be happy with the squad we have.

Parras recruitment record is woeful. Nothing to suggest this wont be another example. Not saying hoppa isnt a gun player, but that is top tier player money without a game in 2 years, with only 15 first grade games to his name

Parra will have 1 mill tied up in hayne and hoppa and they both play the same positions

Good luck to hoppa wish him the best, but he has made his decision. Manly may not even need him by then if des and cleal are still in charge

I think he's a loss. If he stayed with us, I would have had no doubts in 2 years time he will move into the centres (replace Killer who I think will have a final fling in the UK) and be regarded as the best centre in the game not long after. That's if he would have stayed with us. He's gone to a club who have a success rate next to nil when it comes to improving players.

I think he has made a silly decision as when he returns Parra are going to expect instance returns for their large investment and it will take Hoppa more than half a season to get his body back into nrl shape even if he does train while away, i can unfortunatly see more injuries for Hoppa if returns too early but there will be pressure on him from Parra to perform straight away, hopefully someone at Parra has a brain and brings him back slowly.

hayne will be gone by then, his contract up at the end of 2013 season. where he said he'd be interested in another code (ie huge pay cheque) by the time the next contract comes along when he signed the latest deal.

id say this is why parra are paying overs (and have the funds to do so)

“I think I'm too young (to switch codes) now, but I think when it comes up next time it's going to definitely be an option,'' Hayne said.

I have little doubt in the best interest of the Seaeagles that kind of money is spent elsewhere. Agree with a previous post could become a great centre, but I would prefer gun halves providing top shelf service to a good centre then having ordinary halves giving poor service to a great centre.
Money of that order can be spent much, much more wisely & you cant pay for marquee players in every position unless you hide a book....:p.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2