Norman guilty of drugs possesion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sandor got done for trafficking - he was taking them from one place to another - and he was the only one hung out to dry in that whole saga.

Surely Norman should fall under the same category, will be very interesting to see what Toddie does from here.
A high profile player pleads guilty to possession of pingers so one would assume he knows what they are, that they are illegal ( for everyone ) and a banned substance from a professional footballers viewpoint.
As for being " in competition", in competition runs from March to Sept.

Maybe he could use the old Cheech & Chong skit when Bob Bitch'n was in court...
"Your honour, my client had merely found those drugs and was on his way to the Police Station to hand them in at the time of his arrest..."

Sandor did get done for trafficking, but there were multiple counts - possession was another one of them.

Pretty sure xtc is a no-no and having prescription medicines that are not yours are also frowned upon by the NRL. I can't imagine a billion dollar sport saying illegal drugs are ok

MDMA is banned in competition but not out of competition apparently - I thought that was weird, if it's illegal why isn't it just banned, full stop?!

No idea about the prescription one, without knowing exactly what it was...you can look stuff up here:

http://www.globaldro.com/AU/Search/Terms

I can't remember, what did Carney and Friend cop as punishment for having some old lady's Valium in their pockets?

MDMA is banned in competition but not out of competition apparently - I thought that was weird, if it's illegal why isn't it just banned, full stop?!

No idea about the prescription one, without knowing exactly what it was...you can look stuff up here:

http://www.globaldro.com/AU/Search/Terms

I can't remember, what did Carney and Friend cop as punishment for having some old lady's Valium in their pockets?
They both got handed their next last chance.

I thought that Norman had MDMA and Valium on him?

It's now a matter of court record, so the relevant bodies don't need to waste time and money investigating it.

The NRL competition period is March to October. Just like the Olympics is the full two weeks etc.
Joey was pre-ASADA days and was deliberately not tested when he had ingested whatever he was into back then.

NRL Integrity Unit have to suspend Norman no matter what ASADA does @:cool:

I thought that Norman had MDMA and Valium on him?

It's now a matter of court record, so the relevant bodies don't need to waste time and money investigating it.

The NRL competition period is March to October. Just like the Olympics is the full two weeks etc.
Joey was pre-ASADA days and was deliberately not tested when he had ingested whatever he was into back then.

NRL Integrity Unit have to suspend Norman no matter what ASADA does @:cool:

True, it wasn't ASADA then - but it was pretty much just a name change and a restructure - it was ASDA in Joey's day.

Not much confidence that they'll do anything - players have been caught with prescription drugs that weren't theirs before and nothing much happened.

As to the 'in competition'/'out of competition' thing - I doubt it would be March-Nov, given that test matches, Auckland 9s, world club challenge etc take place outside of that timeframe. I'm trying to find some info to clarify it - this article (p. 14) mentions match day vs non-match day testing affecting sanctions - which is how I suspect it's differentiated in the footy codes:

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/journals/ANZSportsLawJl/2007/3.pdf

Yep - the NRL count 'competition' as 'a match'. So if it's not within 12 hours of the start of the game, it's an 'out-of-competition' violation.

Not that it affects Norman anyway, as they didn't get a positive test, MDMA is only 'sometimes' prohibited and Valium isn't at all - so the only thing the NRL can really get him on is the disrepute angle, ASADA can't get him on anything by the looks of it.

http://crlnsw.com.au/wp-content/upl...013-final-as-approved-by-ASADA-2012-11-22.pdf

43. WADC 2.6: Possession of Prohibited Substances and Methods:
2.6.1 Possession by an Athlete In-Competition of any Prohibited Method or any Prohibited
Substance, or Possession by an Athlete Out-of-Competition of any Prohibited Method or any
Prohibited Substance which is prohibited Out-of-Competition, unless the Athlete establishes
that the Possession is pursuant to a therapeutic use exemption granted in accordance with

WADC Article 4.4 (Therapeutic Use) or other acceptable justification.
2.6.2 Possession by an Athlete Support Personnel In-Competition of any Prohibited Method or
any Prohibited Substance, or Possession by an Athlete Support Personnel Out-of-Competition
of any Prohibited Method or any Prohibited Substance which is prohibited Out-of-Competition,
in connection with an Athlete, Competition or training, unless the Athlete Support Personnel
establishes that the Possession is pursuant to a therapeutic use exemption granted to an
Athlete in accordance with Article 4.4 (Therapeutic Use) or other acceptable justification.
[Comment to Article 2.6.1 and 2.6.2: Acceptable justification would not include, for
example, buying or Possessing a Prohibited Substance for purposes of giving it to a friend
or relative, except under justifiable medical circumstances where that Person had a
physician’s prescription, e.g., buying Insulin for a diabetic child.]
[Comment to Article 2.6.2: Acceptable justification would include, for example, a team
doctor carrying Prohibited Substances for dealing with acute and emergency situations.]
44. WADC 2.7: Trafficking or Attempted Trafficking in any Prohibited Substance or Prohibited
Method

43. WADC 2.6: Possession of Prohibited Substances and Methods:
2.6.1 Possession by an Athlete In-Competition of any Prohibited Method or any Prohibited
Substance, or Possession by an Athlete Out-of-Competition of any Prohibited Method or any
Prohibited Substance which is prohibited Out-of-Competition, unless the Athlete establishes
that the Possession is pursuant to a therapeutic use exemption granted in accordance with

WADC Article 4.4 (Therapeutic Use) or other acceptable justification.
2.6.2 Possession by an Athlete Support Personnel In-Competition of any Prohibited Method or
any Prohibited Substance, or Possession by an Athlete Support Personnel Out-of-Competition
of any Prohibited Method or any Prohibited Substance which is prohibited Out-of-Competition,
in connection with an Athlete, Competition or training, unless the Athlete Support Personnel
establishes that the Possession is pursuant to a therapeutic use exemption granted to an
Athlete in accordance with Article 4.4 (Therapeutic Use) or other acceptable justification.
[Comment to Article 2.6.1 and 2.6.2: Acceptable justification would not include, for
example, buying or Possessing a Prohibited Substance for purposes of giving it to a friend
or relative, except under justifiable medical circumstances where that Person had a
physician’s prescription, e.g., buying Insulin for a diabetic child.]
[Comment to Article 2.6.2: Acceptable justification would include, for example, a team
doctor carrying Prohibited Substances for dealing with acute and emergency situations.]
44. WADC 2.7: Trafficking or Attempted Trafficking in any Prohibited Substance or Prohibited
Method

MDMA is only prohibited 'in-competition' though, that's the loophole. Outside of competition only the law applies, no difference if you're a pro athlete or a homeless guy.

Valium is not banned in or out of competition, so again it's just the law about not possessing prescription drugs that aren't prescribed to you.

He got a warning for associating with bikies because it's not his go.

He will get a warning for this possession charge too, because that's not his go either.

The allegations of a sex tape and accepting cash in bags have not been proven so it would be improper for the NRL to punish him for those.

When those allegations are proven he will be given a warning because those things are not his go either.

Accepting cash in paper bags probably isn't his go, either.
He must be a chance for the Dally M this year!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6