Non-Manly Games [Round 5, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Did anyone else get the feeling that when the Speels are on Nein, Sterling is trying a bit too hard to be 'neutral'? Kinda like Gus during Origin.

Still, I guess Sterling trying to be neutral is better than Lewis and Lockyer cheering for the Donkeys every Friday night.

I've never been a Soward fan but he is just getting worse as the years roll on. He looks terrified of being tackled.
Sowie had extended time out last year due to chronic back problems, easy to see why he would be reluctant to be hit.

The kick for the winning try was all class and showed that he was playing what he saw, rather than some predetermined play. :clap:

Manly is seriously lacking this ability ATM :confused:

Did anyone else get the feeling that when the Speels are on Nein, Sterling is trying a bit too hard to be 'neutral'? Kinda like Gus during Origin.

Still, I guess Sterling trying to be neutral is better than Lewis and Lockyer cheering for the Donkeys every Friday night.

I've felt he's been trying to be like that for years. He doesn't go overboard for parra in his commentary (like vautin for manly.) It's like he doesn't want that tag so ends up maybe being a bit hard on parra....goes the other way a bit.

Then again, parra has sucked for years so my (and sterlo's) gyroscope may be off!

Fatty cheering for Manly is good. At least we have a voice on that commentary team, even if it is a misguided Queensland voice lol. And at least he doesn't cheer for the Chooks.

Unfortunately, Nein's commentary team leaves a bit to be desired at times.

Lewis and Lockyer should be on the sidelines dancing with the Donkeys cheer girls with the amount of cheering they do during Friday Night Donkeys. Fittler doesn't seem to care who wins unless the Chooks or Riff are playing. The guy is like a big kid. Johns dead set would have to be THE most boring commentator I'd ever had the displeasure to listen to. Can someone please teach him how to string a coherent sentence together? He knows his stuff, but a commentator is supposed to be able to articulate and he can't do that. His brother can, but Joey can't. Rabs is retiring at the end of this year so I'll cut the old bloke some slack. Gus I actually enjoy listening to most times. Sterling is ok despite who he played club football for. With that bald head he kinda looks like a cross between Peter Garrett and Angry Anderson these days, maybe Grasshopper. And the less said about Ray Hadlee and Tim Gilbert (or that other clown who does Brisbane games) the better. Oh, and as sad as he is I suppose Finch can ad-lib the odd one liner. I still laugh about his comment on Gutho's hair and his 7 attempts at a half time report at Brookie one night LOL.

I think my fingers just got cramp lol

The TV media has changed over the past decade. Once we had well-trained journalists reporting on sport. Now you either have ex-footballers or cricketers, or nice looking women. The women are more erudite than the former players, but primarily their role seems to be that they look pretty.

The commentators in general are just frustrating.

The reason they are there is to use their experience of playing at NRL level, to point stuff out to the general public. Not stuff any idiot can see. (My personal favourite.....Manly need to be next to score.....thanks for that).

Gus, Sterling and Johns are knowledgeable people when it comes to the game. Shame they think their job is to be funny. The producers need to reign them in. The less said about Fittler the better.

The commentators in general are just frustrating.

The reason they are there is to use their experience of playing at NRL level, to point stuff out to the general public. Not stuff any idiot can see. (My personal favourite.....Manly need to be next to score.....thanks for that).

Gus, Sterling and Johns are knowledgeable people when it comes to the game. Shame they think their job is to be funny. The producers need to reign them in. The less said about Fittler the better.
I think you will find the Producer is the one asking them to do that stuff.

I think you will find the Producer is the one asking them to do that stuff.
Exactly, and he got Gus into trouble with the Electoral Office when Gus went off about something during the NSW Elections.

Foxtel will force Nein to update their delivery. They have the advantage of being free, so people would come back to them quickly @:cool:

Bernard Sutton would be doing the bunker for NSW Cup next week if there was one. His call on the knock on gave the Riff the scrum feed that led to them winning. The NRL won't like that lol.
Totally agree could have pulled heaps from the bunker in this game YET nit picked and reversed a scrum feed that gave the panthers the game . The ref called what he saw right or wrong and should have told them to bugger off and continue with the eels feed , imagine this happening in a grand final.

From the highlights i thought quite the opposite, going completely overboard on the eels side of a shepherd was one where I thought are f*cking serious

They sure look like Lazy Dogs, Dez will be ripping the doors off :D

Great, Trex finally on report for dangerous tackle. :mad:

14-0 32 mins

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8