Non-Manly Games [Round 22, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Imagine the NSW backline in 2017 wow!

1: J Tedesco
2: J Mansour
3: J Hayne
4: J Leilua
5: T Trbojevic
6: J Maloney
7: A Renyolds

Wow that's yartastic

Tigers vs Cowboys. This is a toughie for me. I'm going to tip an upset.

Tigers by 8.

Yeah yeah, @Woodsie ! Yellow pill. I know. But let's just see what happens.

OK, if you would like to look at it from the perspective of the coaching, let's do that. I wasn't because, quite frankly, I don't give a ****e about the Tit's coaching.

If the warriors are rushing up from outside in and getting into the backline, then I would expect an astute coach to recognise that and eliminate the long shallow passes in the backline (or at least to be more aware of what's happening). I would expect a good coach to then come up with a strategy to counter this... such as, dropping in short grubbers behind the rushing backs a couple of times.

I'm not sure this exactly fits into a "**** game plan" but more to do with reading what's happening on the field and adjusting accordingly.

PS: And yes, a good team (or certain players at least) should probably be able to read that themselves and adjust accordingly. Nevertheless, as a coach I have the advantage of seeing that whereas players may not always catch it from within the game on the ground
JT just demonstrated how to do it perfectly.

JT just demonstrated how to do it perfectly.
Yeah, I was watching and noting the very same thing. Sitting here thinking about the chasm between JT and DCE. Despite a pretty flat team performance so far from the Cows, JT still able to manufacture points like that. No excuses about lack of forward platform. No panic over rushing defence. Just does the smart things.

That's why I rate Thurston over Cronk. Thurston can do it alone. (almost)

Cronk gets to rely on Smith, and that is massive. Munster too keeps the opposition guessing.

Cherry doesn't have a quality 6, 9 or even 1 to help carry the load, so he tends to over think things, get too many ideas at once, then panic and make poor decisions.

Until the team can settle, and that's the coaches real job, Daly will continue to struggle to lead the team to wins.

Thurston is the leading half in the comp and in the modern era, IMO.

That's why I rate Thurston over Cronk. Thurston can do it alone. (almost)

Cronk gets to rely on Smith, and that is massive. Munster too keeps the opposition guessing.

Cherry doesn't have a quality 6, 9 or even 1 to help carry the load, so he tends to over think things, get too many ideas at once, then panic and make poor decisions.

Until the team can settle, and that's the coaches real job, Daly will continue to struggle to lead the team to wins.

Thurston is the leading half in the comp and in the modern era, IMO.

There's no doubt in my mind that this is his big problem , we are expecting him to be a JT (and perhaps for the money he should) and be able to run the show himself.

Go back to when he had Ballin / Forme & Stewart all on song, that's when he could shine.

Green will help, Parcell in his second year will help and Tommy has a bit to learn but in the later half of 2017 I'd expect things to look a lot rosier , even without any other big name signings we might land.

There's no doubt in my mind that this is his big problem , we are expecting him to be a JT (and perhaps for the money he should) and be able to run the show himself.

Go back to when he had Ballin / Forme & Stewart all on song, that's when he could shine.

Green will help, Parcell in his second year will help and Tommy has a bit to learn but in the later half of 2017 I'd expect things to look a lot rosier , even without any other big name signings we might land.

Yes! This is what I've been saying all year.

I honestly don't know why people don't take my posts more seriously. I try to encourage people to think when I post, and not just repeat ad nauseum what has been already stated and agreed with.

This is Cherry's problem and it solvable with time. Once we get equal quality around him....happy days! Time and experience for Parcell and Tom is key. A quality 6 is paramount. Parcell's injury was a cruel blow to his, and the teams development. But that's rugby league.

Last edited:
I wonder how many Tigpies fans (provided they go on with it, currently 14-6 up) are going to be on social media after the game calling for Farah to play and Taylor to be sacked?

The Tigpies are bustling Thurston out of the game. From a more onside position, they are doing to him what the Speels did to DCE on Friday night. So far its working because Thurston hasn't had a lot of influence on the game. Granted its his first game back from a hamstring injury, but that doesn't seem to be hampering him half as much as the Tigpies are.

Yes! This is what I've been saying all year.

I honestly don't know why people don't take my posts more seriously. I try to encourage people to think when I post, and not just repeat ad nauseum what has been already stated and agreed with.

This is Cherry's problem and it solvable with time. Once we get equal quality around him....happy days! Time and experience for Parcell and Tom is key. A quality 6 is paramount. Parcell's injury was a cruel blow to his, and the teams development. But that's rugby league.

I'm not going to start to think just to make you happy.

I wonder how many Tigpies fans (provided they go on with it, currently 14-6 up) are going to be on social media after the game calling for Farah to play and Taylor to be sacked?

The Tigpies are bustling Thurston out of the game. From a more onside position, they are doing to him what the Speels did to DCE on Friday night. So far its working because Thurston hasn't had a lot of influence on the game. Granted its his first game back from a hamstring injury, but that doesn't seem to be hampering him half as much as the Tigpies are.

And how many Cows fans are going to get on social media and say Green cant coach. A well coached team would overcome and win.

That's because the tigers are rushing him relentlessly.

That's because the tigers are rushing him relentlessly.

Exactly what doesn't-matta did to DCE all game on Friday, yet people were quick to jump on DCE for not handling it and coming up with poor options. Fact is the games best player Thurston isn't exactly handling it well either.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6