Non-Manly Games [Round 16, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Whats wrong with manlys recruiting strategy. That nelson is off contract and could be anything. Manly shouls be getting rid of the dead woof and throwing good coin at talent like that

Last edited:
Whats wrong with manlys recruiting strategy. That nelson is off contract and could be anything. Manly shouls be getting rid of the dead woof and throwing good coin at talent like that
Wellington Hurricanes are chasing him. I agree, he'd be a great signing but wouldn't come cheap.

Jared Maxwell has a keen eye for a penalty but not for a forward pass: The last thing the Tigers needed as they were getting blown away in the first half was a Storm try off a blatant forward pass but that’s what happened in the 24th minute when Cooper Cronk put Tohu Harris away. Maxwell had been all over the Tigers and blown plenty of penalties but he kept the whistle in the pocket on the forward pass and the Storm charged to a 20-0 lead. The try was sent to the bunker to see whether Harris had lost the ball into a Tigers defender but they can’t rule on forward passes so the try stood.

Jared Maxwell has a keen eye for a penalty but not for a forward pass: The last thing the Tigers needed as they were getting blown away in the first half was a Storm try off a blatant forward pass but that’s what happened in the 24th minute when Cooper Cronk put Tohu Harris away. Maxwell had been all over the Tigers and blown plenty of penalties but he kept the whistle in the pocket on the forward pass and the Storm charged to a 20-0 lead. The try was sent to the bunker to see whether Harris had lost the ball into a Tigers defender but they can’t rule on forward passes so the try stood.

Seriously, in this modern era with technology as it is, and going to the bunker almost every single time there "could" or "could not" be a try surely you'd think we could rule on forward passes.

Just as much as they make an "objective view" on the obstruction rule why can't they be objective about a forward pass.

Soooooo many teams get screwed by try's scored off blatant forward passes, and to think the bunker can't look at this is ridiculous to say the least.

Well it was the untouchables after all........ Wasn't the 1st time and certainly won't be the last time they get away with forward passes. Cameron Smith is the master of them @:rolleyes:

I hate to say it but Cronulla and Melbourne are definitely the form sides right now.

NQ were flat on Monday night but that could probably be Origin and no Morgan. And Brisbane are currently on a slide but I'd expect them to come good after Origin.

• 🤝
Reactions: mbe
Seriously, in this modern era with technology as it is, and going to the bunker almost every single time there "could" or "could not" be a try surely you'd think we could rule on forward passes.

Just as much as they make an "objective view" on the obstruction rule why can't they be objective about a forward pass.

Soooooo many teams get screwed by try's scored off blatant forward passes, and to think the bunker can't look at this is ridiculous to say the least.

I said the exact same thing here: @Mark from Brisbane

http://www.silvertails.net/threads/non-manly-games-round-17-2016.49682/#post-819871

But I'm not as powerful as you so it largely got ignored! :giggle:@:(

I thought it was interesting that at the ...65th minute mark the roosters make a charge down the right hand side only for it to be brought back for a forward pass.

Now it was easily forward.

But the poor old touch judge (who looked a bit like paul mcgregor) couldn't keep up with the play and missed it. Luckily the ref was in line.

So if the ref wasn't in line....the touchie would not have signalled it.

It's kind of a crappy situation.

I don't know what the answer is (faster touchies? - more touchies [ugh]) but I then think of the bunker not being able to rule on forward passes.

I understand the illusion of travel due to differing angles but I can't see why the nrl doesn't just allow the bunker to have a look at it and if it's obvious, make a ruling, if not just say they don't know?

About 10,000 bigger issues in the nrl at the moment, I agree.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8