Non manly fans love affair with monas

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
After four years of mediocrity I still cannot, for the life of me, understand how such an ordinary player can inspire such blind and slavish devotion.

Well we have an ordinary poster who inspires such blind and slavish devotion :)

or is that only in his own mind?

After four years of mediocrity I still cannot, for the life of me, understand how such an ordinary player can inspire such blind and slavish devotion.
More like blind, slavish and unreasonable hatred of one of the best performers we have had all year. That makes complete sense - not. :roll:
:violin:

Maybe you're the idiot that doesn't get it?

At the end of the season the Sun Herald, along with NRL Stats, compiled a statistical team of the year.

It found that statistically Monaghan had a better year than any other hooker in the comp (Farah, Smith, Buderus). Guess they must have skipped over Ballin's figures eh?

those rep selectors are pretty bloody stupid then, arent'y they.

You chaps have an entire off-season to get over the fact that the club management that took us to the GF this season prefer Orford and Ballin to your Warrington monkey.

Yep, that was just 1 game Mata, happened to be a GF qualifier that he got MOTM in as well. That was just the start of a list of games for you to study mata, there are many examples during this season alone

LOL, your last little gem is a piece of Gold too mata. Is this the same club management that have spent the last 2 seasons picking Monaghan over Ballin, which you have banged on about non stop, that you now choose to use as your top example for your cause ?

They had 480,000 reasons to do that.

Also had 100,000 reasons for the minor premierhsip, and another 400,000 for the comp, so the best player would have been used in those situations, and when those were on the line, Monaghan was still their man

Na, that is why i come to a footy forum

Anyhow i have done my bit for the thread :p

Someone elses turn to help Mata keep the hit rates up during the off season ;)

[quote author=willstyles]
At the end of the season the Sun Herald, along with NRL Stats, compiled a statistical team of the year.

It found that statistically Monaghan had a better year than any other hooker in the comp (Farah, Smith, Buderus). Guess they must have skipped over Ballin's figures eh?

those rep selectors are pretty bloody stupid then, arent'y they.

You chaps have an entire off-season to get over the fact that the club management that took us to the GF this season prefer Orford and Ballin to your Warrington monkey.
[/quote]

Nope, I'd say the rep selectors got it right. I also think the Manly selectors got it right by having Monas in the team.

I also desperately hope that Ballin lives up to your expectations.

I certainly did. He did good things and he did bad things. He was hardly flawless in every performance. He played in losing teams as well as winning teams.

I felt his best performances were when he was at 9 and Monas was at 7.

Just imagine how good monas could have been with a decent hooker giving him good ball, instead he had to put up with catwalk randall

LOL Mata.....

EVERYONE now rates Monas except you still... even the so called experts were saying he is a big loss next year and even though we have Ballin.

Ballin is a good solid hooker.. but get off his arse.. and open your eyes... he did make errors in his games.. and to choose him over Monas in his first year on NRL is stupid.. and only you would have picked him over Monas.

Monas got us to the GF... not your other posterboy Orford who choked when it mattered.

He is finally gone.. you got your wish... move on Mata. Its over. Ballin is our first choice hooker... no need to harp on about it now.

GO LE STRANGE! :)

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7