1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non-Footy related: Slacks Creek Fire

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Dan, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    Hi All,

I know this isn't footy related but thought it worth putting in here.
    I just listened to the press conference with the poor man who lost 11 members of his family in a house fire in Slacks Creek, south of Brisbane.

I couldn't help but feel for this guy and feel totally shocked and upset by the tragedy.

Listening to him, it is hard to imagine that I have any problems in the world, when compared to this poor man.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/fears-for-11-people-in-kingston-house-fire-south-of-brisbane/story-fn7x8me2-1226120876772

All I ask is that you all spare a thought for these poor people, and if you feel you have a problem today, think about this poor man, and forget your troubles, if only for 24 hours.

Dan

2. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    100% right Dan, what a tragic situation. You can't help but feel a little of his pain when you realize how much was taken from him.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    What a tragic day for the family

4. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    Well done to the team playing with black arm bands and sending their wishes to these two families!

Well done again

• Like Like x 1
  5. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    Kite mentioned it at the after match press conference.

• Like Like x 1