Noel cleal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In my opinion, if he is going with Des we should wind him up now. How could he be interested in player identification/retention next year without having his eye out for the bulldogs first.

We are not screwed if he leaves.
In fact I can think of a number of guys he signed that turned out to be nothing I was sure were not going to make it.
There are enough Manly people around the country that can spot players.
If he is going then I agree he should go now. Maybe that si why he is saying nothing.

mickyj said:
We are not screwed if he leaves.
In fact I can think of a number of guys he signed that turned out to be nothing I was sure were not going to make it.
There are enough Manly people around the country that can spot players.
If he is going then I agree he should go now. Maybe that si why he is saying nothing.

Exactly!
Whether Noel hangs up his spotters eyes now, a year from now, or in ten years time, there are others. It has been great to have Noel, like it was great to have Mr K Arthurson and Mr R Fulton and Mr C Lyons, but life and Manly and success and failure go on.
We are only screwed when the sun stops burning and the lights go out. :D

Well he hates the Bulldogs as they screwed his son around so there is a good chance he will stay anyway.

Recruitment is only one stage of the development process. Our club culture and coaching is more important in the players development. As long as we look after them when they come here we'll still be able to produce quality talent.

Thats not meant to downplay what Crusher has done, but you need only look at some of his signings. Players he identified whilst at the Eels struggled in that environment but have blossomed under us. Players like Robbo, Bryant had mixed careers at best before excelling at Brookie. Even players we gave a chance to like Matai, could you imagine him developing into the player he has become if he say, had a trial at the Sharks? Further proof in this will be young Hoppa and how he performs for the Eels and then in a few years.

WAMF said:
He's odds on to hand around at the club he loves.

I think Noel is very keen to come back to the country in a couple of years anyway, so I'd be surprised if he moves BUT we'll need to look to the future anyway as his tenure, in the business, I think hasn't got long to go.

BUT that's an opinion only, despite the fact we are mates he wouldn't tell me if I asked him....but I just know he loves the bush and hates the city...oh and he LOVES Manly!!

[uote='Utility Player' pid='355434' dateline='1319151624']
Could we not worry about this until when/If it happens.
[/quote]

Well bloody said and if its meant to happen it will, so stop hitting the panic button ppl.

Funny thing it was only a few pages back. But I guess with all the threads that were deleted that's not surprising.

What stinks Crusher..Christ you've trodden in dog ****.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6