1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Whare or Foran named in the cup side

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Eagle1188, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Eagle1188

Eagle1188 Active Member

Brookvale
    Ratings:
    +151 / 11
    No Whare or Foran was named in the cup side to take on Cronulla at
    Toyota Stadium on Sunday.
    It will be interesting to see who will replace Lussick (if Stewart doesn't play).If these guys are playing on Sunday who will be the replacement if needed.
    Also can anyone tell me what has happened to Liam Roach
    1. Scott Blanch
    2. Ben Shorter
    3. Michael Oldfield
    4. Rhys Wollaghan
    5. Domenic Nasso
    6. Ben Falcone
    7. Gary Riccardi
    8. George Rose
    9. Liam Higgins
    10. Tim Robinson
    11. Jason Annear
    12. Tim Burrell
    13. Sebastian Volous

14. Kyle Lodge
    15. James Cunningham
    16. Magnus Stromquist
    17. Junior Palau

2. patorick2010

patorick2010 Active Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    Injured or released, I guess?

Same with Tim Wynn?

3. sami12

sami12 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    liam roach bench the entrance bundy cup this week

4. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    That's a pretty good bench.

5. Eagle1188

Eagle1188 Active Member

Brookvale
    Ratings:
    +151 / 11
    I agree DSMS, there is some very good young talent, I like watching Palau & Cunningham play, Palau is a big strong runner (around 191cm tall & 115kg), another player to watch is Tim Burrell, could play lock if needed

6. ERNIE FOR NO7

ERNIE FOR NO7 Active Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 1
    Liam Roach is dual registered with the Entrance and is able to be selected for Manly NSW Cup.

Tim Wynn quit when he was "rotated" into the Manly A grade comp.

7. Stevie

Stevie Active Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0
    Ernie , you know whats happening with Michael McDougall there was big wraps on him at the start of the season ??

8. rmd

rmd Active Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 8
    Yeah, he's gone to Union with Eastwood

9. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Well I would hope Palau pulls his finger out.

So far Stevie Wonder could map out the opportunity thats in front of him better than Juniour. Needs to get busy and quick.

10. OneEyedEagle

OneEyedEagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    Do you think we will ever see Cunningham and Palau in our NRL side, what is holding them back?

11. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Palau has been around for years with very few calls ups

I think he is in the category of "OMFG WTF LAST PLAYER ON DEPTH CHART"

12. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    Junior Palau has the size and maybe just needs the chance to show it. He played a couple of trials and went well. He's 24 and fingers crossed he can get a shot. It's not like our forwards are carving teams up (especially off the bench) He couldn't be much worse than Skinner, or even Robinson. His defence (lateral) isn't the greatest (big guy) but he can really make some big yards (as mentioned on here before) I'd love to see him get a chance but sadly may not happen.

Some history on Junior, he was a typical top junior (due to size) but got cut down with 2 bad injuries in his teens (like Whare) He was with Roosters but they cut him. Junior turned up at Manly and played some real stands out games but 2 years ago he did his knee?? again up at Windsor. My mate Rob rang me from there and said Palau is in big trouble, ambulance called.
    It's a shame because he is big (cheap) and I'd say maybe his last chance this year as he has been with us for around 4 years now.

Dean Whare: I saw with Saints in Matthews a few years ago. He absolutely destroyed Manly with some of the most scintillating runs and tries in junior footy. I remember saying this kid could be anything and wish we had him. About 2 years later he did his knee?? and never really came back. I have never seen someone so fast off the mark that day!! Manly literally couldn't tackle him.

Tim Burrell: 2nd row: Big wraps again!! Ex Doggies and Roosters kid: Another bad injury and we get him. It seems a trend. We take the top juniors who get injured. It's a good risk as they have the talent and waiting to see if they can get back to injury free. Burrell is a huge kid with lots of ball skill. I did read a post that he doesn't put in but hopefully he can kick on.

13. Eagle1188

Eagle1188 Active Member

Brookvale
    Ratings:
    +151 / 11
    Thanks for the info Darren that was great, I can say Burrell has been playing good footy lately, wouldn't mind seeing him come of the bench for 1st, I think he would step up to the mark

14. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    I agree, Burrell has something about him. He's a smart footy player who I'ver seen with lots of ballskill and can hit a gap. He's kicked a bit too.

15. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Geez your making it sound like Whare is washed up.

16. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    Just giving some history. He has had a terrible run of injuries so hopefully he can kick on.

17. OneEyedEagle

OneEyedEagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    Thanks for the info guys, I recall reading about Palau's potential but surprised that he hasn't really made the cut yet.

18. Andrew..

Andrew.. Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Alstonville
    Ratings:
    +1,904 / 27
    Out of interest sake, does anybody know if we are going to be spending our maximum in the lower grades next year. We've done extremely well in regards to junior development of late....but it would be nice to know that we can compete with other clubs going forward.

19. StuBoot

StuBoot Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +796 / 7
    Been hearing things about Palau for years now yet he's a regular benchie in ressies so he's not exactly carving it up, is he?
    And it's not like he's killing it when he gets on either.
    I think his shot at NRL is a long way away if at all.

20. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    agree Stu, it would have been interesting to see him get a run but it looks like this won't happen.