1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Slater but......

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by MK Eagle, Jun 17, 2012.

1. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    This Storm team always lifts against Manly & regardless of last years Battle of Brookie being played down, theres no doubt the fire is still there.
    Smith & Cronk will no doubt lift & this team is clearly better than 2011 with Widdop, Duffie, Bromwich & others now genuine quality players.
    Slater is a massive loss but this Storm team still cannot be underestimated as they would still towel most teams in the NRL without him - unfortunately for the Storm the Seaeagles are an exception.
    Manly by 7-12. ;)

2. Brookvale

Brookvale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 1
    Sluter is worth 10 points to the scum. Scores freakish tries and saves them to by putting the boot and knees in!

3. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    Agree he is worth 10 points but Storm have improved by 10 in 2012 imo so the game should be fairly close.

4. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    Cronks kicking this year scares me, he is on fire! DCE's kicking game has been off this year so lets hope he can have a blinder on Monday. Storm are a much better team then last year so we has better be on our game. No Slater is a advantage but they will still be hard to beat.

5. Top End Eagle

Top End Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +951 / 40
    Where slater will be really missed is looming up in the centre of the ruck looking for a little cam smith inside ball.

This will take away a huge amount of the hesitation smith commands when backpedaling forwards try to shut him down out of dummy half because widdop just doesn't have the anticipation bill the kid owns.

The three storm guns rely more heavily upon the combination and presence of each other than a lot of people realise. Manly should win comfortably.

6. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,855 / 192
    No Slater but the Mighty Sea Eagles will still bury the Storm once again at Brookvale .

7. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    I suppose we got lucky with the monday night game. Hopefully the 5 day turn around means Snake will be right to go. With his well documented knee issues and how he has to be managed during the week, anything less and I fear he wouldn't be playing. I'm not even 100% sure he'll play tomorrow night to be honest and won't be til I see him run on the field.

8. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,366 / 111
    If our forwards fire up we will win no matter who plays in the storms back line.