No reception at the leagues club this year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
I'm very disappointed to hear the team will not be coming back to the leagues club after the game, but instead be heading to Brookvale oval for post game revelries.

The rationale for this they say is they didn't want a repeat of the Chaos after the 2008 grand final.

What chaos?. Everyone outside was in the best possible behavior, and sure, many of us were locked out of the club but we had a party all our own outside and gave the team the greatest reception ever.

It's the one thing I dislike about conservative Sydney. They see people have a fun time and they put a lid on it. Instead, fans will be forced to go to Brookvale and pay $25.00 a head to see the players.

We should make a complaint. I make it a tradition every year win or lose when Manly are in the gf to go to the club and celebrate outside/inside on these special occasion.

Now that's over, it's not right.

NYEagle

I've got no issue holding it @ Brookvale oval, more people = bigger party.

As for the $25 entry fee, the manly club need all the $$$$ they can get with a HUGE million dollar loss due for the year.

We will also get a nice $500,000 for winning the premiership. Winning this year is extremely important from a financial point of view.

The cost does not faze me but I imagine it would bother some people. I'm more upset about the loss of atmosphere.

No loss of atmosphere... were any of you in the middle of the Melee that was 2008....I was, 10,000 people trying to get into the Leagues Club it was a ****fight...an utter ****fight....I was lucky (unlucky) to be near the door...thought that might mean I would get in (I didn't)...I had a group of ladies with me that aolmost feared for their lives.....it was chaos, absolute total chaos, Police trying to keep us out, the 9990 behind trying to push in....scary stuff......Oh sure a great time when the players arrived and a shute was cut through the crowd to bring them in (and we all cheered) but otherwise it was unadulterated chaos.

In 2011 the club is HALF the size, what they have done by moving this all to Brooky is the best thing to ever happen, the club should be applauded for the idea it will mean thousands will be able to see the team and in relative safety.

So it costs $20....in the scheme of things....have TWO less beers at ANZ and you have covered it.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
I'm personally not going to the Live Site win or lose. You can blame the M2 roadworks for that one.. But I think Brookie Oval is a better idea anyways. I have close Dragons friends that went to Kogarah last year and they had a big stage at the ground and was great views for all..

However charging to get in is unfortunate.. but if I could, I would've been going! I'll go to our fan day next week though :D

Some folk will never be pleased. Be treated as sheep in a decrepit, run down monstrosity (thanks Bob) or have a blast at the inclusive spiritual home of the team. I reckon it's a no-brainer.

No doubt it will cause much more conflict and pay-back at Board level though.

After the sh#t fight in 08 at the club, i like the live site idea. No problem on spending $20 to help the club. I think it will be a great party at Brookie oval.

You can only fit a few hundred in the leagues, i still don't know how i got in in 08. This way everyone can get in, young or old in their thousands. Great idea. Then those who want to party on can go to the leagues, the brookie or the rsl. All will be pumping, if we win.

After the 08' victory , we pre-arranged a maxi taxi to take 6 of us back to Manly Leagues Club. Agreed it was very chaotic. Fortunately we managed to get some passes to the upstairs function that the players came into. Brilliant night.

I applaud the Club for doing it differently this time around. Hopefully the weather will be kind , and everyone can be gathered at The Fortress where we had great success this season. It will be a fantastic atmosphere. I'm sure the players will return to the Leagues Club after their appearance at Brookie Oval. They'll be keen for a lager or 2.

After the game , we'll head back to Brookie Oval then onto the Club.

And we can stick it to kristina kirsch and her mob

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8