1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No points last week....

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by MK Eagle, Sep 18, 2013.

1. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    At the time it was very frustrating to dominate field position & have so many opportunities yet end up on zero points....
    The thing is, Manly made 3 clear line breaks & 3 more half opportunities.
    There's no doubt imo, that with Snake playing this would have been converted to 16 points or more when you also consider the opportunities in key attacking areas.
    The Roosters should be more concerned with the fact they could not muster 1 line break or even look likely apart from a well taken try off the PERFECT kick.
    The thing is, they will also benefit with JWH dominating some quick play the balls & Cordner who must now rate as 1 of the best players in the game & both likely starters next week.
    In summary - that Matai no try was a close thing & on 4 occasions players were a blade away from the stripe. There was also a clear scoring opportunity with a pass from Wolf to DCE, not the best with the try line beckoning.
    There was great desperation Roosters defence , slightly out of sync execution & our main attacking weapon unavailable & take into account, this was also, a good case of stats not always telling the truth.

2. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    16 points? No doubt?

3. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,610 / 46
    I've lingered long enough on that thought to think, I doubt it.

4. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,778 / 258
    Not 16 points, one very close ( Skivvy) and one great line break with a bad pass, maybe 8-10 MAX. And Snake may not have featured in either. Hiku played out of his skin and I don't subscribe totally to the theory that had Brett played we would have won.

Bloody tough game from two teams who probably deserve to play again.. and let's hope they do.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 6/71

6/71 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +207 / 3
    Sometimes, no matter what, you just lose.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Bloody hell, I never realised Snake was so good that he would have converted all those opportunities into points. The only time I felt on Saturday that Snake would have been handy was when that little chip and regather happened, he would have been sniffing around in support for sure. The other line breaks, may or may not have seen him in support.

7. MK Eagle

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    Not that he would have converted every chance C & C, more that in good field position his pace & positioning could well have created a couple more scoring chances but yes, I think he would have been inside to score 1 of the 3 breaks made & maybe been thereabouts with that chip through.

If we get to play them & theres a decent chance we will, am confident that we will score 16-24 points but that includes better execution, capitilising on opportunities & of course Brett at the back.

8. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    I thought snake probably would have been better positioned to defuse the roosters try possibly

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rodo

Rodo Goldmember 2016 Tipping Competitor

Southern Sydney
    Ratings:
    +484 / 14
    If Stewart had played there would have been more likelyhood of him stopping the Roosters try. He's a superb defender who knows exactly where to position himself. Hiku just wasn't positioned well enough and wasn't fast enough to get across to stop the try.

10. IQofalimabean

IQofalimabean Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 11
    To kick for goal or not to kick, that is the question. Especially if we have to play the Roosters again because they will be confident in keeping Manly to another 0.

11. MK Eagle

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    No doubt about that, his positioning would have had him closer to the ball & his acceleration would have got him there 1st.

12. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,246 / 7
  13. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    All this speculation is pointless.

14. mozgrame

Ratings:
    +4,610 / 46
    Said the Hulk.

15. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,855 / 192
    This post is pointless

16. mozgrame

Ratings:
    +4,610 / 46
    Said the ungainly totem pole maker.

17. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,855 / 192
    You are very poetic mozgrame :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. mozgrame

Ratings:
    +4,610 / 46
    Said the extremely intelligent and obviously good natured Manly supporter. lol :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. StuBoot

StuBoot Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +796 / 7
    Haven't seen a definitive replay but my initial thoughts were that the kick took a deflection very soon after it left the boot, so the postioning of Hiku may not really come into it.
    I'd love to see a few more replays from different angles to have a look if it did take a deflection.

20. MPC75

MPC75 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 9
    I agree that Snake may have prevented their try, had he been there. I also agree that we could have scored 16 points. The pass that was deflected from gift at the scrum had Jamie strolling over, it was a sweet move that was slightly off due to timing. Personally I don't think that it was the Roosters defense that won them the game, I believe it was our poor execution that lost it.