No panic yet...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

winnyason

Bencher
We still have side to win this but have no depth at all, the combo of snake, gifts, killer and halfs is lethal. To me we need a big one in pack Luaki will give us this watching live, lawerence was worn out but shoulders most of work.
Our bench full strength I really think buhrer offers nothing, Jayden hodges as a hooker given the ruck seems to have got quicker.

I was at the game and thought Melbourne were going to get 40 plus put on them . Cameron Smith has certainly slowed down a bit but is still influential . Billy Slater was obviously carrying an injury, Fonua was lost in defence in the centres and Tonumaipea kept getting caught too far infield. Ben Roberts is still not a first grader. They weren't offering much in attack apart from the occasional footwork from Hampton. Manly looked a million dollars in the first half and I was thinking "why are they peaking so early in the season?" Manly should have scored a couple more tries in the first half and it would have been all over.

With the weight of possession going against them in the second half Manly tired visibly. The defensive effort was still fairly good overall apart from the bad miss by Buhrer on Hampton . I'd definitely give Hodges a spot on the bench to add some spark from dummy half. The purpose of the bench is to try to change the course of the match . We need impact players not workhorses coming off the bench. In a closely contested match the use and make-up of the interchange bench can prove the difference and this is one area that needs to be addressed.

After seeing a few games this weekend including ours, it seems to me that its about teams that are the most mobile and fit and going to prevail this year. The pinkies are policing the ruck with increased fervour this season so you need to have no more than 2 in the tackle where ever possible now.

You need a nippy player out of dummy half and quick play the balls even more now.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4