No, no, no, no, no....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
RICKY Stuart has broken his State of Origin silence - revealing he is ready to help the Blues break Queensland's five year domination.

NSW's No. 1 coaching target for season 2011 with Craig Bellamy's reign all but over, Stuart admitted he was interested in the job of resurrecting the Blues after quitting as coach of the Sharks.

"I haven't looked into the Origin or any other job because I have been totally committed here," Stuart said.

"But I would always look at it. I am a very proud NSW person."

Stuart said he had not been approached by Blues officials but invited them to come forward.

On a dramatic day at Shark Park, Stuart told his players he could not continue coaching them for the rest of the year with nothing to play for.

ManlyBacker link said:
On a dramatic day at Shark Park, Stuart told his players he could not continue coaching them for the rest of the year with nothing to play for.

So how will that be different for NSW?

If he can't coach the Sharks to any success how could he possibly be considered for Origin?

Dan link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=184182.msg276877#msg276877 date=1279668945]

If he can't coach the Sharks to any success how could he possibly be considered for Origin?
[/quote].. so does this mean  if he gets the job & nsw are 2 down he will just get up & leave because nsw has nothing to play for..  what a dope ..stupid choice of words by him.

Dan link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=184182.msg276877#msg276877 date=1279668945]

[/quote]

I suppose you could say the same thing for Tim Sheens with Australia.

Surely with the depth of coaching we have NSW/Australia can find a better pair of coaches then Sticky & Tom Shines?!

He's the one who started NSW's downward spiral to begin with.  The guy just can't coach.  The only coaching success that he has had was when he had Gus telling him what to do at the Chooks.  As soon as they had a falling out and Gus walked away the Chook's form went down the toilet due to his lack of coaching ability.  If he does end up getting the job, it will more than likely see the end of Choc's SOO career again as he is one to hold grudges against certain players. 

Best way to do it is to get gus back.

The only way to do that is to get the administration of the game onto an independant board (that was his terms)

Its a win win.

I dont often agree with gus because his commentary ****s me.

But you would have to be a fool to think the bloke doesn't know football and he knows enough about other things to see how broken the current administration is

Jethro link said:
He's the one who started NSW's downward spiral to begin with.  The guy just can't coach.  The only coaching success that he has had was when he had Gus telling him what to do at the Chooks.  As soon as they had a falling out and Gus walked away the Chook's form went down the toilet due to his lack of coaching ability.  If he does end up getting the job, it will more than likely see the end of Choc's SOO career again as he is one to hold grudges against certain players.  

Also coached a Bulldog's jnr team to a grand final win but had the likes of Thurston etc in it

If Choc doesn't play SOO with Ricky Stuart in charge, then he plays for us.  I'd say that's a win win.  I'm not of the opinion that Gould is the messiah either.  Sniping from the sidelines seems to be his go.  NSW just don't have the dominate players at the moment.  There's just not the talent at the scrum-base to jag a win.    

OneEyedEagle link said:
He couldn't coach a club side to a win how on earth could he coach a state side. We need to look to the future not back.

So.. Gillard then?

CussCuss link said:
Best way to do it is to get gus back.

The only way to do that is to get the administration of the game onto an independant board (that was his terms)

Its a win win.

I saw the interview where he laid out his terms, this was not the only one. They included a whole lot of crap that most of us would not like to see including forced relocation of teams.

As much as I like the mans ideas sometimes the game can not be beholden to one mans demands, certainly we can not allow him to hold us hostage with the whole 'do what I say' and I will coach line.

Plus his support of the storm has been very very very vocal this last few months.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2