NO NEWS ON MAJOR SPONSOR?????

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Darren link said:
Ryan, the nrl is attractive but are we anymore?
1.Still no sponsor and nearly half way thru January
2. horrendous and fallen down home ground that is a mud pit when rains,
3. Two grandstands that are ancient and embarrassing to bring corporates along to,
4. negative press stories about star players
5. very little written about the club in the media (all Souths, Parra, Saints are everyday)
6. Hardly any Channel 9 Friday night games as we aren't regarded!! Major sponsor notice time!
7. CEO talking of matches in Papua New Guinea

Hoping for some good news soon

Mate, honestly - I reckon so. I truly reckon we do.

1.Still no sponsor and nearly half way thru January
(Centerbet with a multi-million dollar back of the jersey sponsorship is a decent start)

2. horrendous and fallen down home ground that is a mud pit when rains,
(10 million in funding being injected into the ground this / next year. It's not much, but it's a start - heck it's 10,000,000 more than 2 years ago)

3. Two grandstands that are ancient and embarrassing to bring corporates along to,
(10 million in funding being injected into the ground this / next year. It's not much, but it's a start - heck it's 10,000,000 more than 2 years ago)

4. negative press stories about star players
(Innocent, and now being used as a message to OTHER scandalous "people" who try and defraud players.  Royal far west Christmas Party. Clayton Bailey. Truscott Street Primary v Roselea Primary indoor sports challenge. Jamie Lyon / Glenn Stewart visit man hit by car. Sea Eagles Foundation. Actually, nah...check this out...it's quicker.....and remember....it's the UNspoken stuff that counts:
http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=community-noticeboard

5. very little written about the club in the media (all Souths, Parra, Saints are everyday)
(See point 4 as to the reason this may be a GOOD thing in an off-season)

6. Hardly any Channel 9 Friday night games as we aren't regarded!! Major sponsor notice time!
(Injuries killed us off mate. Injuries to key players that are returning. Plus, remember, players who's hearts were elsewhere - Dogs, Knights etc - well, are gone)

7. CEO talking of matches in Papua New Guinea
(If it makes money, I honestly don't care. More money = more players. More players = better results hopefully. Better results = more TV time. More TV time = more sponsorship.)

Hoping for some good news soon
(Honestly - Brett Stewart returning, Centerbet, Wolfman returning, Daly Cherry-Evans prospects seem fantastic.)

Daz, I am pumped we are building from within. It's how to build culture. It's about kids who actually want to be here. Darren Lockyer was a kid given a shot somewhere. You've seen my forwards thread with youngens like Buhrer, Cunningham, Harrison, Robinson, L Foran (if classed Hooker), Lussick, Moujalli, Wells, Latu, Palau, Kemp, Seu Seu, T-Williams (in forwards) etc etc etc - odds are one or two may shine and standout.

All pretty exciting if you ask me.

I get miffed at some things - but the playing group isn't one of them right now.

just claimed a manly core cap with the 2010  squads signatures on them ..  @ the MWSE  site in the auctions..... ;)

Bradza link said:
[quote author=Pablo link=topic=186227.msg311235#msg311235 date=1294574597]
Quantum dropping out as sponsor after only 2 years might mean the rewards weren't worth the outlay. And they signed on after repeat grandfinal appearances when our popularity and brand name was at its peak.

So id imagine quantum non re-newing, the average 2 seasons leading into this one and the lack of recent free air coverage doesnt make us the most attractive club to possible sponsors.

Yep, Qantum were so disillusioned they have made a longer term investment as part owner of the club!
[/quote]

I was in retard land when i posted that. I totally forgot they'd bought into the club  :-X

Pablo link said:
[quote author=Bradza link=topic=186227.msg311245#msg311245 date=1294609440]
[quote author=Pablo link=topic=186227.msg311235#msg311235 date=1294574597]
Quantum dropping out as sponsor after only 2 years might mean the rewards weren't worth the outlay. And they signed on after repeat grandfinal appearances when our popularity and brand name was at its peak.

So id imagine quantum non re-newing, the average 2 seasons leading into this one and the lack of recent free air coverage doesnt make us the most attractive club to possible sponsors.

Yep, Qantum were so disillusioned they have made a longer term investment as part owner of the club!
[/quote]

I was in retard land when i posted that. I totally forgot they'd bought into the club  :-X
[/quote]its ok pablo.. ;) next time you there again  drop in & say hi
;D

Darren link said:
Good on ya Ryan, it would be great to have an awesome year, I miss that domination in 2008!!!

****, me too mate. We were a well oiled machine.

I was just wondering if anyone else think's the major sponsor might not be unveiled until kickoff.

By that I mean actually have one but not say who it is until then

I doubt Ant as near kick off loads of fans want to wear their 2011 newly purchased jumpers. Can't see fans buying jersey with nothing on front as I imagine they already would have 2010 Quantum one. Club would be missing some big time cash I'd say??

Mark from Brisbane link said:
The CEO rang me a few days before Xmas to wish me a merry Xmas and said he had some exciting news to tell me but couldn't do so until mid January
I can asure you if I hear anything I'll post it straight away on here.

Hope the news is bigger than the last 'huge' news from Graham - the club got a TV show in NZ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4