NO NEWS ON MAJOR SPONSOR?????

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eaglerob

Happy New Year to all.....

Is it just me or is it way too quiet when it comes to hearing ANYTHING about our beloved Sea Eagles with kick off 2011 on its way.... More so, WHO is our new major sponsor???? Any hints? Rumours? Anything??? Seems too quiet :-(

Haven't the offices been closed over the Xmas /newyears period.
Theyll announce two things in the next fortnight:
1.  Sponsorship details, major sponsors and NSW Cup sponsors
2. Player contract news. Glenn Hall to return to Manly.

They'll be keen to get big news out asap to push memberships up.

Oh ok. Thats good to hear :) Thank you for that. Here's hoping its a good sponsor that will help take us forward for years to come.
Blake link said:
Haven't the offices been closed over the Xmas /newyears period.
Theyll announce two things in the next fortnight:
1.  Sponsorship details, major sponsors and NSW Cup sponsors
2. Player contract news. Glenn Hall to return to Manly.

They'll be keen to get big news out asap to push memberships up.

According to a snippet in the sunday telegraph we are still looking for a major sponsor. So don't expect any announcements on that front just yet.

We have an attractive brand, in a sport that is viewed by a larger television audience than any other.

I'd suggest it's not a matter of "finding" a sponsor, but more a matter of choosing the best fit for us, and the one that makes us the most $$$.

I hear the club is in negotiations with Pantene for the major sponsor rights..
It won't happen overnight but it will happen.

WAMF link said:
I hear the club is in negotiations with Pantene for the major sponsor rights..
It won't happen overnight but it will happen.
the trick is to repeat .. ;D

Ryan, the nrl is attractive but are we anymore?
1.Still no sponsor and nearly half way thru January
2. horrendous and fallen down home ground that is a mud pit when rains,
3. Two grandstands that are ancient and embarrassing to bring corporates along to,
4. negative press stories about star players
5. very little written about the club in the media (all Souths, Parra, Saints are everyday)
6. Hardly any Channel 9 Friday night games as we aren't regarded!! Major sponsor notice time!
7. CEO talking of matches in Papua New Guinea

Hoping for some good news soon

Darren link said:
3. Two grandstands that are ancient and embarrassing to bring corporates along to,
5. very little written about the club in the media (all Souths, Parra, Saints are everyday)
6. Hardly any Channel 9 Friday night games as we aren't regarded!! Major sponsor notice time!

all the above falls into place once we start winning.. we go well in the 1st 5weeks of the comp & nine will have us  on tv alot for the rest of the year.. again once we starting winning we will get the media`s attention , which will inturn be beneficial to us in finding a good sponsor..
its all about winning & performance for me .. they do that all the rest will fall into place..

The CEO rang me a few days before Xmas to wish me a merry Xmas and said he had some exciting news to tell me but couldn't do so until mid January...perhaps this is it (or perhaps it's just that we are moving a game to Brisbane for the double header which I knew anyway).

I can asure you if I hear anything I'll post it straight away on here.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
The CEO rang me a few days before Xmas to wish me a merry Xmas and said he had some exciting news to tell me but couldn't do so until mid January...perhaps this is it (or perhaps it's just that we are moving a game to Brisbane for the double header which I knew anyway).

I can asure you if I hear anything I'll post it straight away on here.

The CEO now ?

Darren link said:

8. Old playing roster

Quantum dropping out as sponsor after only 2 years might mean the rewards weren't worth the outlay. And they signed on after repeat grandfinal appearances when our popularity and brand name was at its peak.

So id imagine quantum non re-newing, the average 2 seasons leading into this one and the lack of recent free air coverage doesnt make us the most attractive club to possible sponsors.

BUT if cronulla can get a major sponsor surely we can.
Maybe we're asking for too much money?

We need to attract a bigwig from channel 9.
Roosters where wooden spooners in 2009 but before the start of 2010 season got steggles on board......... funny how the boss at channel 9 is a big roosters fan and they had so many friday night games at the start of the season.

Pablo link said:
Quantum dropping out as sponsor after only 2 years might mean the rewards weren't worth the outlay. And they signed on after repeat grandfinal appearances when our popularity and brand name was at its peak.

So id imagine quantum non re-newing, the average 2 seasons leading into this one and the lack of recent free air coverage doesnt make us the most attractive club to possible sponsors.

Yep, Qantum were so disillusioned they have made a longer term investment as part owner of the club!

DUFFMAN link said:
We need to attract a bigwig from channel 9.
Roosters where wooden spooners in 2009 but before the start of 2010 season got steggles on board......... funny how the boss at channel 9 is a big roosters fan and they had so many friday night games at the start of the season.

Doesn't
Pablo link said:

BUT if cronulla can get a major sponsor surely we can.
Maybe we're asking for too much money?

Doesn't Quantum becoming part owner somewhat contradict the idea that they saw us as a non attractive brand.

It's only a gut instinct (so maybe i should keep my trap shut) lol..but I have this feeling the worst is behind us now. Brett's trial seemed to hang over the club like the sword of Damocles, with that behind us now I think the boys will be out to prove a few doubters wrong.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4