No fine for Thurston

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The NRL are a shambles. Selectively choose who they fine and selectively choosing Souths to piggyback. So what's the difference between what JT and Toovey said? one thing namely. They couldn't cover up the 7 tackle try but with the Souths match they are able to cover up the facts more easily so Toovey was fined. You'll find if the NRL can't cover up something they'll be lenient but if they can get away with it they'll go for the jugular even when they know they're wrong.

It was either Commander or Mick that said way back in the pre season that the Cowboys would be a big feature at finals time. Well...they've caused the most headaches so far. lol

"Its under 10 Stuff. Two Leading NRL Referees, on the biggest stage,they can't get a tackle count rights, its an embarrassment for the League..." JT

"But incredibly, NRL head of football Todd Greenberg released a statement last night saying: “There is a distinct difference between the comments themselves and some of the interpretations placed on of those comments.

"At no stage was there a reference to the integrity of the officials....", GT

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/clearing-johnathan-thurston-for-emotional-comments-further-proof-of-nrl-inconsistency/story-fni3g8pa-1226721322083

Noticed in the Media that they cut out the beginning of JT's rant.
It clearly attacks the officials, then proceeds to attack the whole Competition:huh:

Carpet Sweeper Greenturd, is being shown up big time, with each and every incident:cool:

Vote here on the inconsistency:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/clearing-johnathan-thurston-for-emotional-comments-further-proof-of-nrl-inconsistency/story-fni3g8pa-1226721322083

So I again ask is the NRL corrupt?

Gee it's getting harder and harder to maintain the view that it's not. Which of course is my view.

More words of wisdom from the carpet sweeper...

"Listen to his comments carefully - he's talking mainly about people like you who think there's bias in the game, not me," Greenberg said.

"He thinks the media wants a Roosters-Rabbits grand final. That's what he thinks and that's what his comments were reflecting. It's not about the game thinking that. It's about you thinking that.

"You tell me anywhere in the transcript ... where he says the NRL. His comments have been reported that way but that's not what he said nor was his intention in saying it.

"I picked up the phone to speak to the club and the player to clarify that position and both of them confirmed that.

"Manly is different. If you look at Geoff Toovey's comments that we fined him for, he was attacking the integrity of the officials. He said they didn't get a fair go and the referees decided the outcome of the game."

- See more at: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/win-win-situation-for-johnathan-thurston/story-fnca0von-1226721270571#sthash.mmCGBHUg.dpuf

Ok Carpet Sweeper, challenge accepted. Here is one quote:

"Two years in a row we have been dudded by the NRL's referees."

Doesn't sound like he's talking about the media to me.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/north-queensland-skipper-johnathan-thurston-says-sydney-clubs-get-favourable-treatment/story-fniabn55-1226719542671

Checkmate. Now p!ss off.

Gutless. One of the worst traits an administrator can have. Unfortunately for the game, I don't think its the only poor trait Greenturd has.

MadMarcus said:
More words of wisdom from the carpet sweeper...

"Listen to his comments carefully - he's talking mainly about people like you who think there's bias in the game, not me," Greenberg said.

"He thinks the media wants a Roosters-Rabbits grand final. That's what he thinks and that's what his comments were reflecting. It's not about the game thinking that. It's about you thinking that.

"You tell me anywhere in the transcript ... where he says the NRL. His comments have been reported that way but that's not what he said nor was his intention in saying it.

"I picked up the phone to speak to the club and the player to clarify that position and both of them confirmed that.

"Manly is different. If you look at Geoff Toovey's comments that we fined him for, he was attacking the integrity of the officials. He said they didn't get a fair go and the referees decided the outcome of the game."

- See more at: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/win-win-situation-for-johnathan-thurston/story-fnca0von-1226721270571#sthash.mmCGBHUg.dpuf

Ok Carpet Sweeper, challenge accepted. Here is one quote:

"Two years in a row we have been dudded by the NRL's referees."

Doesn't sound like he's talking about the media to me.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/north-queensland-skipper-johnathan-thurston-says-sydney-clubs-get-favourable-treatment/story-fniabn55-1226719542671

Checkmate. Now p!ss off.

What a goose. Tooves never attacked the integrity of the officials, he attacked their incompetence.

Ironic that a baldie specializes in sweeping things under a rug :D

What is Wayne Pearce doing at the ARLC - we need someone who understands that the aspects of a game, include the emotion of all participants ?

I don't understand how the myth of The Greenturd, was not exposed in the ARLC Interviews for NRL Head :huh:
What is his brief? I am appalled at the haste of his decision making, all seemingly without consultation:-/

I truly fear for the Competition next year, as the Paying Public stays away, and these Suited Ones run our Game into the gutter:(

MadMarcus said:
from the carpet sweeper...

"You tell me anywhere in the transcript ... where he says the NRL. His comments have been reported that way but that's not what he said nor was his intention in saying it."

"I picked up the phone to speak to the club and the player to clarify that position and both of them confirmed that".

I'm sure that he called Toovey in the days following the Souths game after he had time to think about everything to give him the same opportunity to say he didn't intend to question the referee's integrity.

Right? Hello?

Brookie Brawler said:
I'm sure that he called Toovey in the days following the Souths game after he had time to think about everything to give him the same opportunity to say he didn't intend to question the referee's integrity.

Right? Hello?

He didn't have to. I clearly remember Toovey saying in the press conference that he did not question anyone's integrity. You would think that would be pretty good evidence of his intention.

Either Greenberg has the IQ of Ben Barba and he didn't pick up on that, or he incapable of making an unbiased decision as an NRL administrator. Either way, the sooner we are rid of him the better off the game will be.

Dodgy, corrupt decision.

Terence Zarsoff said:
If Smith has any cajones, Greensleeves will be gone soon. However I fear that Todd will survive.

Surely he doesn't pass his probation period.

Watched NRL 360 tonight, and Paul Kent was going off about the NRL, and very much about Toovey being fined and Thurston not. He is not impressed with Greenburg, especially with him having any power whilst under investigation.

Every fair person, even Kent and his news cronies knows that this is a major double standard comitted by a guy under investigation for allegedly covering up a serious offence by a certain player at a certain club that we all despise.

Greenturd has to go, come on NRL, get our finger out and start listenting to the fans.

As someone on FB commented over this matter,maybe Toovey should do a "wayne bennett", and just show up at press conferences in future,and mutter a few gruff yes and nos,then leave!

Lord Eagleton said:
England is definitely in Qld as those Nth Queenslander's are a pack of whingers
Well lets fight hard on the field and get the Ashes and the origin trophy off those collective whingers!

ayjay007 said:
As someone on FB commented over this matter,maybe Toovey should do a "wayne bennett", and just show up at press conferences in future,and mutter a few gruff yes and nos,then leave!

I would actually really love to see that. It would be interesting to see how long Tooves could do it for, but imagine the outcry? We're losing characters, we're losing news stories from our coaches.

If a coach/player crosses the line I have no problem with a fine. But we need coaches like Matt Elliot, Tooves etc who will actually say something. That's why I like Matt Elliot. He can talk rubbish, but he can be funny and he actually says things.

After match press conferences with De$ and Wayne etc...what's the point? You may as well get last weeks press conference and {insert this weeks opponents name}

My comment on Thurston being cleared by Greenberg got published. Excellent

Attachments

• rsz_2untitled.jpg
    rsz_2untitled.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 30
As I've been away for 2 weeks (thanks everyone for not missing me - didn't want to worry you!) it's taken awhile to catch up on things.

So a bit late but.....wow, that no fine is remarkable. It's such a blatant sidestep of the facts that sooner rather than later the nrl is going to be taken to a higher court over some upcoming decision they will make.

Heaven help the nrl if/when greenberg gets the top job.

Maybe he's got a mining licence tucked away somewhere.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7