No early release!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
.. This latest incident reinforces in my mind the single-mindedness of his pursuit of cash. If you remember last time in 2012 Orr held the club to ransom by demanding an immediate release while under contract. It wasn't some KPI or an automatic upgrade. The club was made to renogitate

'Single minded' is why he packed his bags in Mackay and ended up with Manly.@:cool: His contract is up with Manly and good luck to him for being commercially savvy enough to secure his financial future.

I hope he stays for another GF win with us :trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy:

The last contract issue was caused by an unpaid TPA :cool:

CHERRY-EVANS UNLIKELY TO LEAVE MANLY

SPORTAL
– MAY 22, 2013BRISBANE BRONCOS, DALY CHERRY-EVANS, MANLY SEA EAGLES, NEWS
daly-cherry-evans-200x200.jpg

Failed third party deals cause dispute

There's not much chance of Daly Cherry-Evans leaving the Manly Sea Eagles despite reports linking the star half to the Brisbane Broncos today.

Cherry-Evans' manager Gavin Orr is in dispute with the Sea Eagles after the club allegedly failed to come through with third party deals agreed to in his contract.

But Cherry-Evans is happy at Manly and, assuming the battle over his contract can be resolved, he should see out his contract at the club until the end of 2015.

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/cherry-evans-unlikely-to-leave-manly-9696/#ixzz3TwmoyDz0

'Single minded' is why he packed his bags in Mackay and ended up with Manly.@:cool: His contract is up with Manly and good luck to him for being commercially savvy enough to secure his financial future.

I hope he stays for another GF win with us :trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy:

The last contract issue was caused by an unpaid TPA :cool:

CHERRY-EVANS UNLIKELY TO LEAVE MANLY

SPORTAL
– MAY 22, 2013BRISBANE BRONCOS, DALY CHERRY-EVANS, MANLY SEA EAGLES, NEWS
daly-cherry-evans-200x200.jpg

Failed third party deals cause dispute

There's not much chance of Daly Cherry-Evans leaving the Manly Sea Eagles despite reports linking the star half to the Brisbane Broncos today.

Cherry-Evans' manager Gavin Orr is in dispute with the Sea Eagles after the club allegedly failed to come through with third party deals agreed to in his contract.

But Cherry-Evans is happy at Manly and, assuming the battle over his contract can be resolved, he should see out his contract at the club until the end of 2015.

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/cherry-evans-unlikely-to-leave-manly-9696/#ixzz3TwmoyDz0
Lol it's almost funny that that was a different contract situation entirely haha. this was 2012. Has some good quotes. At the end of the day his manager is a scumbag and if he keeps allowing him to "negotiate" in this way then he deserves to cop it and is obviously complicit.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/arc...-release-request/story-fncagcd8-1226310569140
Start exert
"At the end of the day I was always under contract till the end of next year," Cherry-Evans said of talk he was unhappy at the club.

"It was more part of the negotiation than me being unhappy at the club.

"I always wanted to stay at Manly."
End exert (He was referring to the request for release)

So in other words he thinks it's entirely suitable to pretend to be unhappy and ask for a release to get more money hahahahahahahaha.

I'm glad I read this again its made me rethink my previous defence of him.

It appears to me that the happiest people in the world if DCE goes North early will be the journos who are spruiking how this move would be in Manly's best interests. Now it's nice that these journos have suddenly started caring about what is good for us, but it makes me feel a little bit uncomfortable.:wondering:

2012 renegotiation was a direct result of the 2011 GF.

Having been a Contractor most of my life, I would question anyone who would not try and maximise their Contract. They can always say no if they don't agree, but why miss out on remuneration?@:)

2012 renegotiation was a direct result of the 2011 GF.

Having been a Contractor most of my life, I would question anyone who would not try and maximise their Contract. They can always say no if they don't agree, but why miss out on remuneration?@:)
these situations are very very different to the average contractor. Do you go in and ask for 7 times your previous salary? Do you hold fans/your current work to ransom with all your shenanigans? Do you strut around in rival workplaces or let your boss know that while you're under contract you're doing that? Do you want a say in who gets hired and fired? I'd given him a pass on a lot of stuff because he was manly and I'm one eyed. But its all adding up now and points to a rather selfish man. In his 4 short years in the top grade, despite us being the only ones that would take a chance on him in the first place, we have been held to ransom in 3 contract situations.

If we can get anything in return take it. So long as it's no one wrapped up in white line fever

Taking the emotion out of it, releasing DCE early to the Titans and potentially the same with Foz to the Eels if he signs....to me seems like cutting off the nose to spite the face. Can anyone honestly say that another halves pair thrown together is going to perform anywhere near what we know both Foz and DCE can? And its not like either played badly last Friday night, but there is only so much you can do when your forwards aren't going forward.

Also, last week we lost a forward simply because of Gutho's injury so we were down a man in that rotation for just under 67 minutes. Plus we were also without JamieB and Star who under normal circumstances would have been there. And there were some positives such as Luke Burgess proving that he can be a very good first grade player rather than the fringe player he was at the Vermin. Lui was also a positive and I think his performances for Tonga in the 4 Nations has definitely helped his confidence to know that he can play at that level.

I don't think its doom and gloom. Its only been one game.

these situations are very very different to the average contractor. Do you go in and ask for 7 times your previous salary? Do you hold fans/your current work to ransom with all your shenanigans? Do you strut around in rival workplaces or let your boss know that while you're under contract you're doing that? Do you want a say in who gets hired and fired? I'd given him a pass on a lot of stuff because he was manly and I'm one eyed. But its all adding up now and points to a rather selfish man. In his 4 short years in the top grade, despite us being the only ones that would take a chance on him in the first place, we have been held to ransom in 3 contract situations.

If we can get anything in return take it. So long as it's no one wrapped up in white line fever
Well said. Look. I would, and do, try to maximize my contract, but I don't have to consider 160,000+ fans (Facebook, Club Members, Other Social Media) I can do this one on one. And before you start, I have taken pay cuts to be in a place I like rather than money. If it was me, I would consider the club and fans, not just myself/ family.
I think people are just coming out to say what a great guy he is blah blah blah, to minimize the impact of this move. Reality is, his interest are for himself. That's clear to see now and I would be more accepting if that was the line he was running with but its not. Others should stop protecting him. He hung himself out to dry, not us. He can speak for himself can't he?
So Daly, thx for the memories. Good luck. But lets shake hands, move on, and turn this situation into something positive for us with a quality back and forward in return and get them in the mix asap.

And please stop this "its just business". It, not. It's f&%$%% Manly.

NO EARLY RELEASE. It would be a huge disappointment to prematurely ejaculate DCE!

Especially for the female supporters.....

Ok. Either way, I'm sure we will be fine. :thumbsup:

And if you think some of us are being mean, maybe you need to see what "really" picking on someone looks like :):

Ok. Either way, I'm sure we will be fine. :thumbsup:

And if you think some of us are being mean, maybe you need to see what "really" picking on someone looks like :):
Haha I was going to post those in the fun thread. My favorite was one to Lisa kudrow, who is phoebe from friends. It was: "Everyone have a great weekend, except Lisa Kudrow. **** you Lisa Kudrow".

Haha ruthless

Yeah, they are funny! They give it to Katie Perry sometimes. I can't believe how many fake twitter accounts Kimmel's writers must have....

Too mean??

Last edited:
Got to love the taking care of the family line. Good on them for going in to bat for him.

Look if a deal could be worked out , I'd be all for him leaving tomorrow..... If rumours are true, the relationship between the two is strained, and if this needs to happen to have any chance of keeping Foran so be it.

Look if a deal could be worked out , I'd be all for him leaving tomorrow..... If rumours are true, the relationship between the two is strained, and if this needs to happen to have any chance of keeping Foran so be it.
I'll gladly drive him to the airport.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6