No decent 2017 players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
To sign....its almost the worst option of players in recent memory, just when we need them.
Apart from Gillett & Mansour, very limited pickings....almost a case of something like these 2 & a few quality rookies with potential.
Bowen or a Jennings for cheap could be worth it out wide & if that massive Solomona from Storm is any chance...the perfect signing at this time.
Apart from that...maybe have to pick up in 2018 to get a quality smorgasbord to choose from.

Can buy anyone we want.

I don't understand what your saying.

Go after Cronk and Smith or Thurston and Scott.

Whats stopping us.

Pretty sure Bromwich is off contract.
Unfortunately It's Kenny.

Target interstate players who hail from Sydney and manufacture a hardship sob story to they can extricate themselves from their current contract.

Ethan Lowe. Moa. The Jennings boys. There are players out there without even getting into having people break contracts.

We can target anyone. Many get released once they get an offer. Just a question of negotiating.

Can buy anyone we want.

I don't understand what your saying.

Go after Cronk and Smith or Thurston and Scott.

Whats stopping us.
We should weigh in with a big offer for Cronk - he is actually off contract and hasn't yet signed with the Storm. Even if to just mess with Melbourne as I doubt he'd leave them now.

To sign....its almost the worst option of players in recent memory, just when we need them.
Apart from Gillett & Mansour, very limited pickings....almost a case of something like these 2 & a few quality rookies with potential.
Bowen or a Jennings for cheap could be worth it out wide & if that massive Solomona from Storm is any chance...the perfect signing at this time.
Apart from that...maybe have to pick up in 2018 to get a quality smorgasbord to choose from.
Gillett and Bowen would be a good start.

Nelson Asofa-Solomona would be an awesome signing.Only twenty years old, and two metres tall!,that's the sort of long-term young talent we need to target.

Ethan Lowe. Moa. The Jennings boys. There are players out there without even getting into having people break contracts.
Already mentioned the Jennings & agree Lowe is decent...Moa can bend the line but aging & not on the Wishlist, not to say he wouldn't walk into our team today....apart from big Solomona maybe target U/C players like others have mentioned....everyone else does?

Kodi nikorima can play 5/8 but apparently wants a fair bit of coin.
Would be ok at the right price.

Remind me again when Walker and Marty t were off contract (and this is not debate on their form at the club rather a comment on a nrl "contract" these days)
This is why I believe we shouldn't be targeting any of these off contract players. We should be poaching players that we want not the best on offer. Players like Holmes, Hargraeves, Bird, Rapana, Cartwright etc.
The only players off contract I think we should sign are Solomona, Sue and Lee

This is why I believe we shouldn't be targeting any of these off contract players. We should be poaching players that we want not the best on offer. Players like Holmes, Hargraeves, Bird, Rapana, Cartwright etc.
Agree

If the offer is compelling players will find a way to leave

I'd take Sue for sure

We should give Hynes, Parker, Ramien, Knight and Fonua-Blake the opportunity to grow, rather than buying individuals to fill gaps. We are in the current predicament due to master NSW selector Fulton thinking we needed an overhaul. So he brought in players that as a majority, had limited to no real club success. He then worked in conjunction with clueless Barrett to release our 2 best young backs. Along with an even worse coaching staff to compliment that disgusting slob zorba peters, we are poor in all 3 senior grades. Unless we are going to bring in a proven high quality few, it is better for stand up guys like Buhrer and Trbojevic Snr to help develop the rookies. Perhaps Cherry-Evans can give back for a change too?

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7