Nines...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Say we take the Nines more seriously next year and try to field a team that can win it, what's your squad if you can select a mix of first graders that would actually want to play and youth?

I don't really care for having our firsts team playing but you would think that the injured, rep players and older guys should all miss out.

Loobs said:
Say we take the Nines more seriously next year and try to field a team that can win it, what's your squad if you can select a mix of first graders that would actually want to play and youth?

If your serious about winning, you pick your fast, fit players from your grades to enter

Gutherson
Tuafua
Hiku
Blair
Cherry Evans (remember 1 of our top 5 need to play)
Hodges
Lawrence
Symonds
Chee Kam

Sene Lefao
T Trjbovic
J Trjbovic
Leary
Williame
Rudolph
Hopoate

Disco said:
Gutherson
Tuafua
Hiku
Blair
Cherry Evans (remember 1 of our top 5 need to play)
Hodges
Lawrence
Symonds
Chee Kam

Sene Lefao
T Trjbovic
J Trjbovic
Leary
Williame
Rudolph
Hopoate

If the Wolfman is still around, he would be my first pick

If you want to win it bar nothing then

B Stewart
C Gutherson
S Matai
J Lyon
J Tafua
K Foran
D Cherry Evans
J Buhrer
M Ballin

J Sene lefao
B Lawrence
T Symonds
A Watmough
M Chee Kam
J Hodges

Fluffy said:
If you want to win it bar nothing then

B Stewart
C Gutherson
S Matai
J Lyon
J Tafua
K Foran
D Cherry Evans
J Buhrer
M Ballin

J Sene lefao
B Lawrence
T Symonds
A Watmough
M Chee Kam
J Hodges
I hope i am proven wrong but from what i have seen Chee Kam is very overrated

The squad size has been increased from 16 players to 18 for 2015...Hmmm I better go back to the team sheet and find a few more.

sheridanstand78 said:
We play our kids as much as possible.

Too many injuries to be risked in this mickey mouse tournament!

Its a lucrative purse of more than $2.4m in prize money at next years nines. That will buy the club a few front rowers

Yeah I kinda find it hard for the club to complain about finding for a Brookie if there is a big purse for a quick comp like this and they don't have a fair crack at it. Every dollar should count for a club like Manly...

Bring back Cliffy and get a few Seabirds in the team. The money might be nice but there was way too many injuries for a mickey mouse tournament no matter how entertaining it was..

Loobs said:
Yeah I kinda find it hard for the club to complain about finding for a Brookie if there is a big purse for a quick comp like this and they don't have a fair crack at it. Every dollar should count for a club like Manly...

Thinking you mean funding for Brookie in which case no club or private enterprise can fund it as it is a council facility. This is why there is a push to make it a State Government trust, it frees up the ability for 3rd parties to assist.

So am I correct the rules are 18 players. 1 of your top 5 paid players?

Some may say I am not trying to win this comp? But hey, its a blend of experience and youth.

The top 25 will be practicing for a 13 man game. Willow's team might as well practice as if they only have 9 players. It generally appears that way.

I've rested guys playing in the four nations. And those recovering from injury. Gutho can back up as he's a regular a grader in 15 anyway.

To get the most out of the tournament, 2 (mentor) in a position, ie more experience players generally looking for better year then they had in 2014 or they may be in Willows team. Killer & Mason the exceptions. Then young blokes who will benefit from the run.

Front Row
W Mason (Mentor 1) - New Forward Leader.
E Lauaki (Mentor 2) - Bond with Big Willie. Really think we' would be better with two big experienced Affro's. It would look intimidating.
T Andrews (Love his aggression, he should play more top grade then he got last year. Still smallish may be second row even)
Z Tetevano (He has size, good chance of a bench spot in the A's.)

Second row
J Horo (Mentor 1) - Pressure may be on Horo. Leary is a strange pick up for mine. The new fellow may be a chance of taking his place if he impresses early.
J Hasson (Mentor 2) (If bulks up front row if not second row)
B Leary - Lets see how he goes in a Manly team.
D Kelly - Will benefit from the experience (Got talent)
J Hopoate - Suited to nines. Ball playing small forward, may be big chance of being a surprise selection in the top side this year with no Gifty and Buhrer recovering from injury.

Outside Backs
D Williams (Mentor 1) - Love to see him fight his way back.
J Taufua (Mentor 2) - He could really play any position in 9's except as a playmaker. I'm moving him to the centres. Konrad Hurrell doesn't have to catch bombs.
B Williame - New see what he's got
D Berryman - Speed, can't beat speed. (Just don't get hurt).
C Gutherson - I'd start him on the wing in A's but the experience in this tournament be good. He still hasn't played many a grade games.

Playmakers
J Lyon (c) (Mentor 1) more of a 5/8 role put it is nine a side. DCE played last time. Foran will have played 4 nations. Surely Killers in top 5 paid players?
J Littlejohn (Mentor 2) - Wouldn't mind preparing him for a lock type roll either. He's big enough. Has been limited in what he's asked to do in the top grade, but he certainly hasn't looked out of place.
J Hodges - Possible bench spot depending if toov's wants a second hooker
M Rudolph - He will eat nines up. Sometimes looks like a young Cliffy.

Harry said:
sheridanstand78 said:
We play our kids as much as possible.

Too many injuries to be risked in this mickey mouse tournament!

Its a lucrative purse of more than $2.4m in prize money at next years nines. That will buy the club a few front rowers

No it won't Harry, might buy the club a new CEO, or new facilities but prize-winnings go to the entity, not to the salary cap.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6