Nine has "inside story" on what Brett said to Gallop

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
"and it was pretty intense" - according to Nine.

It just flashed across the screen. Will be on the 6pm news apparently.

It is probably Weidler though, so don't count on it being accurate.

If it is Weidler, which it will undoubtedly be, I won't believe any of the **** he says. I don't think anyone else really knows they said apart from Gallop, the Stewart bros and that guy standing next to Gallop.

Weedler said that apparantly Brett told Gallop that he still owed him an apology to which gallop replied congrtulations Brett but no apology

Well Weidler just said Snake asked for an apology and that Gallop just said congratulations. I call BS. Bloody media should all be shot.

Such a non story! Sorry but Brett is absolutey right....Gallop does owe him an apology!

"Its fine that i am up here shaking your hand but you do owe me an apology" Gallop responds "Congratulations"

My understanding is that Stewy & Gallop have not conversed directly previously since Gallop started repeatedly, forcefully, frequently and publicly attacking Brett.

If Brett felt that he was owed an apology, and said that, then that's called openness, honesty, frankness. Speaking to the person with whom you have an issue, and telling them clearly and calmly what that issue is, is called assertiveness. It is an invitation to start a dialogue. If Gallop does not respond face-to-face to the content of what was said, then that suggests he does not want dialogue. It would suggest that Gallop is only interested in his own monologue.

Do the media have a problem with openness, honesty, frankness? Do the media have a problem with us speaking to those with whom we have an issue, and telling them clearly and assertively what that issue is? Do the media have a problem with genuine dialogue?

Will be interesting to see media personalities reveal their integrity or lack of it.

I think i yelled a couple of things at Gallop last night from up where we were but I won't repeat them on here

Hey we had one Mr G Lowe up next to us last night

Links in well to Gallops evident "well said" response. Brett could have carried on but merely took the opportunity (some would argue at an inappropriate time) to voice his opinion carefully and in a straightforward manner. Gallop expecting such appreciated the manner in which the objection was delivered and said "well said"

Quite clearly bs. Probably more along the lines of "that's the end of it, lets put this behind us" and gallop clearly said "well said"

And smiled.

If it was anything bad or good for that matter, it will be on gallops shoulders to reveal it

voicefromthehill said:
Links in well to Gallops evident "well said" response. Brett could have carried on but merely took the opportunity (some would argue at an inappropriate time) to voice his opinion carefully and in a straightforward manner. Gallop expecting such appreciated the manner in which the objection was delivered and said "well said"

My guess is that Weidler got his story by having a lip reader to advise what Gallop said and made up what Brett said, so I think the "congratulations" part is right.

Brett spent way too long talking to have said just what Weidler claimed he said.

The boy standing right beside him knows what was said. A little bit of cash to his parents and a bag of lollies may reveal all ;^)

captainskin said:
The boy standing right beside him knows what was said. A little bit of cash to his parents and a bag of lollies may reveal all ;^)

Now that's a job for a Telecrap League reporter - right up their alley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnRnSxY9X5o
It's fairly clear that the first thing Gallop says is "congratulations Brett" (from the side angle). The second thing he said in reply to Brett is definitely not "congratulations" like Danny Weedler has reported

Michael D said:
captainskin said:

Now that's a job for a Telecrap League reporter - right up their alley.

I hear they have already tapped the kids phone. just a rumour though

Well we know that Gallop didn't go to the Manly dressing room. When was the last time an NRL boss didn't go to the winners dressing room to congratulate them? If all this was "put in the past" then he would have gone to the sheds wouldn't he?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8