Night Games 2013

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
So massive dollars have gone into the game - thats a good thing but.....in 2013 the GF & many finals have been set as night games.
As a spectacle personally love the FRi / Sat night games but there seems a catch.
Its been pretty well stated already that the Broncos & Storm will be involved in many Friday night games, seemingly the majority.
Lets say Manly , Sharks & Tigers make the finals & have only played 3 night games.
Broncos & Storm are in the finals & have played 15 night games.
Seems a bit advantagous imo , plus this rule about no home games for the top 4 yet they still seem to get them in Melbourne & Brisbane??
I realise theres revenue issues to look after but these 2 teams seem to get well looked after yet probably complain more than any other.
Should the night games be more evenly distributed or is it no advantage to play far more games in the conditions of the finals series??

So massive dollars have gone into the game - thats a good thing but.....in 2013 the GF & many finals have been set as night games.
As a spectacle personally love the FRi / Sat night games but there seems a catch.
Its been pretty well stated already that the Broncos & Storm will be involved in many Friday night games, seemingly the majority.
Lets say Manly , Sharks & Tigers make the finals & have only played 3 night games.
Broncos & Storm are in the finals & have played 15 night games.
Seems a bit advantagous imo , plus this rule about no home games for the top 4 yet they still seem to get them in Melbourne & Brisbane??
I realise theres revenue issues to look after but these 2 teams seem to get well looked after yet probably complain more than any other.
Should the night games be more evenly distributed or is it no advantage to play far more games in the conditions of the finals series??

Manly have played plenty of night games this year so we can't use that as an excuse during the finals.

I'm sure Manly will play in a couple of the dud Sunday night 6:15pm time slots (from a spectator at the ground view point) next season. Hopefully they will be away games & not home games at Brookie.

Manly have played plenty of night games this year so we can't use that as an excuse during the finals.

I'm sure Manly will play in a couple of the dud Sunday night 6:15pm time slots (from a spectator at the ground view point) next season. Hopefully they will be away games & not home games at Brookie.

Mals said:

nah we'll corner the market for monday night, you wait & see

Mals said:

nah we'll corner the market for monday night, you wait & see

Yeh definately agree its not an excuse in 2012, just been speculation that Bris/Mel will get far more night games than the other teams for financial reasons in 2013.
Not sure if its a massive advantage as 2 teams play for 80 minutes on the same field to decide the outcome, however, just seems to help their cause as they play under these conditions far more regularly than other teams & providing a decent edge to have.
Its probably a thread for 2013, but these 2 clubs always complain about getting a raw deal & for mine, seem to get some pretty handy calls both on & off the field.

Yeh definately agree its not an excuse in 2012, just been speculation that Bris/Mel will get far more night games than the other teams for financial reasons in 2013.
Not sure if its a massive advantage as 2 teams play for 80 minutes on the same field to decide the outcome, however, just seems to help their cause as they play under these conditions far more regularly than other teams & providing a decent edge to have.
Its probably a thread for 2013, but these 2 clubs always complain about getting a raw deal & for mine, seem to get some pretty handy calls both on & off the field.

Is the grand final going to be a night game.again?
Sucks if so, I'd love 3pm like the old days but 5:30 in recent years has been much better than 8pm.

Is the grand final going to be a night game.again?
Sucks if so, I'd love 3pm like the old days but 5:30 in recent years has been much better than 8pm.

13 more nignt games means 13 less afternoon games....I think all sides will be affected.

Don't worry the Bronco's LOVE Sunday arvo games as much as the next club...they get 25-35K attend Friday night but always over 40 attend on Sunday arvo.

I am NOT trying to support the Bronco's in any any way BUT their 'always getting Friday night' needs to be blamed squarely on Chan 9 Brisbane!!

13 more nignt games means 13 less afternoon games....I think all sides will be affected.

Don't worry the Bronco's LOVE Sunday arvo games as much as the next club...they get 25-35K attend Friday night but always over 40 attend on Sunday arvo.

I am NOT trying to support the Bronco's in any any way BUT their 'always getting Friday night' needs to be blamed squarely on Chan 9 Brisbane!!

Mark from Brisbane said:

Frustrating part Mark when its a top Friday night clash such as Manly/Dogs & Brisbane can be in a game against Penrith & get prime time, making me wait till 9.30 for the clash of the round!!
This is when I really miss Sydney!!

Mark from Brisbane said:

Frustrating part Mark when its a top Friday night clash such as Manly/Dogs & Brisbane can be in a game against Penrith & get prime time, making me wait till 9.30 for the clash of the round!!

Agree Matt, very very frustrating!!

We should both move to the Goldie, they just get another antenna and point it south and pick up the NSW broadcast...lucky buggars!!

Agree Matt, very very frustrating!!

We should both move to the Goldie, they just get another antenna and point it south and pick up the NSW broadcast...lucky buggars!!

MK Eagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

couldn't agree more

MK Eagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

couldn't agree more

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7