Nice to know y'all !!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
[img=400x300]http://www.webbikeworld.com/ducati-motorcycles/monster-696/ducati-monster-696-rear.jpg[/img]

I'm going out to possibly buy myself this today - so may be officially a temporary Australian. It's how I will get to work, and how I will drive to Eagles games this year - meaning I will now at least be able to get to them all !!

The missus demands the car over the weekends - so see you there !!

And yes, my feet DO touch the ground. The bike has been described by a fair few as very similar to me. Short and stout (or not so stout anymore).

ManlyBacker link said:
But does the little red x come with wheels attached? ;)

I'm buying a bright red helmet, and bright re leather jacket, gloves etc - so I will stand out like dogs balls.

This is the most powerful Learner Legal bike on the market.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=182324.msg249910#msg249910 date=1264458624]
But does the little red x come with wheels attached? ;)

I'm buying a bright red helmet, and bright re leather jacket, gloves etc - so I will stand out like dogs balls.

This is the most powerful Learner Legal bike on the market.
[/quote]

How can a 650cc bike be learner legal ?? Aren't you restricted to 250cc on your L's.

Anyway Dukes are like all other things Italian, expensive and good looking but ultimately impractical and high maintenance. Hope you have plenty of money for the inevitable repair bills.

I have been riding since I was about 14....and that is a LONG time ago....own a Triumph Tiger 955...goes like a scalded cat.....yes they are a little dangerous but it's how you ride them that affects that most.....I have been riding for 40 years (and have slowed down a heap) and have had one drop (resulted in a shoulder reconstruction) so I'd be guessing for the KM's I have done that this is pretty good. The biggest problem is the dickhead car drivers who don't look!!.....boy oh boy I can tell you some stories!!!

Fair enough, it's a long time since I did my bike licence. Wish you all the best, bikes are great fun but unforgiving when you have an off. As Mark said, it's the car drivers that are the biggest worry and unfortunately you don't win many arguments against 1 tonne of metal driven by an idiot. Stay safe.

Looks good Rhino.  Of course I'd advocate a bicycle as more fun but I'm partial to the mechanical variety too.  What brand of trainer wheels are you getting?  ;)

I learnt on a Honda 500 and have been on a Suzi 1100. I do know that bikes can take chunks out of you so GL Ryan. The dangers are actually worse today because of txt messaging by drivers. I actually saw someone riding two days ago in bare feet - FMD.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=182324.msg249948#msg249948 date=1264479425]
Hope you won't be riding it around Graham Lowe's neighbourhood Ryan
  Not even Ryan would mow down a geriatric, surely?
[/quote]

Hopefully not for your sake Mata :p

That geriatric though I am sure wouldn't have many problems piloting a car in front of a bike ...

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=182324.msg249974#msg249974 date=1264492817]
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=182324.msg249948#msg249948 date=1264479425]
Hope you won't be riding it around Graham Lowe's neighbourhood Ryan
  Not even Ryan would mow down a geriatric, surely?
[/quote]

Hopefully not for your sake Mata :p

That geriatric though I am sure wouldn't have many problems piloting a car in front of a bike ...
[/quote]  Providing he's not having one of his frequent fits I'd imagine.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4