Nice Stadium is Gosford

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This entirely takes away the whole "Manly-Warringah" thing.

Oh God... The Central Coast Bears bid is there at Gosford! NO! NOOOOOOO!

Brookvale oval, facilities and playing surface is a joke. Not up to nrl standard. We need a 20k seat stadium with playing surface made for nrl. Im sick of manly playing on that bog. Barrett has also apparently been looking at a better gym to relocate to
Joe Kelly said they bought a new treadmill this year. What more does Barrett want?

The stadium at Gosford is an insult to proper, traditional Rugby League supporters.
But that's irrelevant. It's the home of the Beagles. If they take us out of Sydney, I stop supporting. I am not from the Central Coast. What possible reason would i have to support a Central Coast team? I don't support the Marinators in the A-League.
I'd bitch and moan about a move to Moore Park, but would somewhat less enthusiastically continue my support, but I will not tolerate relocation.
If i can survive those fat clowns owning the club and using it as a tool of vengeance upon sea Eagles royalty then relocation is not the worst evil these clowns can do

I will continue loving my club and hating the self serving fat tosspots who 'own' it

It seems to me (and I am a non-resident of the area so this is definitely an outsiders POV) that the Warringah Council are milking the clubs usage of Brookvale Oval for every dollar they can get.

I don't buy the argument that the ground isn't up to scratch because of the need to play rugby and soccer at the ground. Soccer is one game where they would definitely prefer to have a quality pitch. When an A-League team such as the Mariners pass on Brookie to play games at North Sydney Oval.....you know that something isn't right.

I really do hate to say it, but I can honestly see Manly not playing out of Brookvale within the next 5-10 years unless the ground gets the upgrades or re-build it needs to bring it into the 21st century. I can see us being forced to play at either Gosford, the new Moore Park stadium or even ANZ, or any combination of the lot. And the problem doesn't seem to be the club or even the NRL. The problem seems to be the council who are currently using the Sea Eagles as their cash cow.

$45,000 per NRL game to 'hire' Brookvale Oval? I don't think that the Adelaide Crows and Port Adelaide pay that much combined to play their games at the Adelaide Oval which is a world class facility compared to Brookie.

If i can survive those fat clowns owning the club and using it as a tool of vengeance upon sea Eagles royalty then relocation is not the worst evil these clowns can do

I will continue loving my club and hating the self serving fat tosspots who 'own' it

If it's not the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles in maroon and white, it's not my club.
The Northern Eagles killed my club so I hated them as much as all those other clubs trying to kill my club. I'll have the same opinion of the Central Coast Sea Eagles if that's what they become.
Darth Vader to our Annakin Skywalker, from a certain point of view.

It's all going exactly to plan for Penn.
So you think that Penn is somehow urging the Council to neglect the ground and charge stupid rates for it''s use. Wow, the tin foil hats in this place never ceases to amaze me.

Something doesn't add up

Total hiring fee is 400K per year

at 25 per entry that is a crowd change of 1600. the number would be closer to 5000

and that is if they suggest we should pay nothing.

Halve it and its 800 people per game they are argueing over.

Spend the 10 million on facitilities, paths, toilets etc and you will get 800 people +

So you think that Penn is somehow urging the Council to neglect the ground and charge stupid rates for it''s use. Wow, the tin foil hats in this place never ceases to amaze me.

I'll explain it to you, as you're obviously short a few quid. Manly have been paying the council for the use of the oval for how many years now? But now, since Penn has taken control, it's all of a sudden too high a cost and we refuse to pay. Penn wants what's best for Penn, not what's best for Manly. Anyone who thinks it's not in the clubs best interest to play at Brookie has no idea.

Gee I disagree here.
The Brookvale "bog" gives Manly a competitive advantage.
I don't care if they played on a giant waterbed, whatever it takes to win games!
Lose the fortress and there will be some lean years ahead given the uncompetitive advantage Manly have with everything else.
NYEagle
Your kidding! You'd rather keep the ground the way it is, with every man and their dog treading over it all week and when they play NRLon it, full of holes, is wet and slippery, the lighting is bad, the stadium has no where near as much sound accoustics compared to other small stadiums like parra stadium. Its pathetic. The surface at every other small stadiums like Townsville, Gosford, Parra, Melbourne, newcastle etc etc are superb. Playing in the bog isn't an advantage, its playing in front of your home vocal crowd. We dont have the troops for the bog anyway, plus its a dour game. When we played at Gosford on a great dry playing surface, we moved the ball and killed it. I want to see that at Brookvale. I want to see our star studded back line get the ball, play an expansive game. I want to see Manly host a first week semi if they warrant it. I want to see and here a deafening roar come from a packed stadium built close to the ground with great accoustics. The brookvale oval is in dire straights.

Why we are stuck:

1. The Council's argument is that it is a private enterprise, and (as a small council) they should not subsidise private enterprises - that it costs $600k to maintain it and they pay $200k and the Penns $400k (assuming the Penns pay). But that they don't want to be blamed for losing the Sea Eagles from the area. If costs of maintenance are the real issue, and private enterprise is the model, then wouldn't the council seek to just pass these costs on to the tenant via the lease agreement? i.e. charge $1 rent, and let Manly maintain the stadium on a long-term lease. If this were feasible, Manly would defray costs as seen fit through subletting, etc. The Penn redevelopment plan is a bad joke and will not happen.

2. At a bigger picture level, governments from Roman times and prior have provided stadiums to subdue the masses, and divert their attention from tyranny, with some entertainment. Currently we have the Council saying that they are too small a council to bear this cost (bring on the amalgamation). And the various levels of Gov't are all pointing the fingers at other levels of Gov't, saying it is not their responsibility. The Penns have reportedly closed down the efforts to lobby for change in Gov't policy.

3. Moving to Rat Park (or similar) is great from a space, and car space, point of view. And Rat Park has the advantage of being close to Wakehurst Parkway, Mona Vale Rd and Pittwater Rd, helping ease of access. But it lacks a plan to resolve the maintenance costs issue. Plus we would need the Fed/State Gov't to dig deep into their pockets to build the joint. And we have the additional complication that the Northern Beaches lacks suitable public transport infrastructure to help fans travel to games.

I'm not seeing any realistic plan for change which would keep the Northern Beaches team on the Northern Beaches. Can we have one please?

Last edited:
Your kidding! You'd rather keep the ground the way it is, with every man and their dog treading over it all week and when they play NRLon it, full of holes, is wet and slippery, the lighting is bad, the stadium has no where near as much sound accoustics compared to other small stadiums like parra stadium. Its pathetic. The surface at every other small stadiums like Townsville, Gosford, Parra, Melbourne, newcastle etc etc are superb. Playing in the bog isn't an advantage, its playing in front of your home vocal crowd. We dont have the troops for the bog anyway, plus its a dour game. When we played at Gosford on a great dry playing surface, we moved the ball and killed it. I want to see that at Brookvale. I want to see our star studded back line get the ball, play an expansive game. I want to see Manly host a first week semi if they warrant it. I want to see and here a deafening roar come from a packed stadium built close to the ground with great accoustics. The brookvale oval is in dire straights.

We cannot host the first week of a semi - they must be hosted at the regional grounds. Same as Parra cannot host it.

The lighting is also very good but don't let facts get in the way of a good story

Why we are stuck:

1. The Council's argument is that it is a private enterprise, and (as a small council) they should not subsidise private enterprises - that it costs $600k to maintain it and they pay $200k and the Penns $400k (assuming the Penns pay). But that they don't want to be blamed for losing the Sea Eagles from the area. If costs of maintenance are the real issue, and private enterprise is the model, then wouldn't the council seek to just pass these costs on to the tenant via the lease agreement? i.e. charge $1 rent, and let Manly maintain the stadium on a long-term lease. If this were feasible, Manly would defray costs as seen fit through subletting, etc. The Penn redevelopment plan is a bad joke and will not happen.

2. At a bigger picture level, governments from Roman times and prior have provided stadiums to subdue the masses, and divert their attention from tyranny, with some entertainment. Currently we have the Council saying that they are too small a council to bear this cost (bring on the amalgamation). And the various levels of Gov't are all pointing the fingers at other levels of Gov't, saying it is not their responsibility. The Penns have reportedly closed down the efforts to lobby for change in Gov't policy.

3. Moving to Rat Park (or similar) is great from a space, and car space, point of view. But it lacks a plan to resolve the maintenance costs issue. Plus we would need the Fed/State Gov't to dig deep into their pockets to build the joint. And we have the additional complication that the Northern Beaches lacks suitable public transport infrastructure to help fans travel to games.

I'm not seeing any realistic plan for change. Can we have one please?

The solution is hand it over to a state trust thereby keeping the original agreement and removing the councils concerns.

The council will not do this as they lose their power, the Penns will not do this as they lose thier power.

The solution is hand it over to a state trust thereby keeping the original agreement and removing the councils concerns.

The council will not do this as they lose their power, the Penns will not do this as they lose thier power.
The Council wants to hand it over, but the State Trust is yet to be convinced of Brookie's merits versus the cost of upkeep. Baird is meant to be actively pushing for this. :)

The Penns have no say in the handover as the Council is the current Trustee.

• 📚
Reactions: Rex
They can put public pressure on it but instead they put out some stupid pie in the sky 300M idea CAN never get up as it violates the deeds of the terms of use of the land.

You are naive if you think they don't know the terms from Jane Try.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
The Question I want to Know why the Fark we don't have our own stadium by now. 68 Years in the Comp and we are still playing on a Council owned Oval where Dogs and Cats Piss on it during the week God Knows what diseases are on the ground. And The Club is paying 45K each game day for that. I agree with SimonMyers11

"The council has previously called for the venue to be placed in a state-sponsored trust."
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...eagles-nrl-games/story-fngr8hax-1227353695190

That would be a great outcome. And do we have a plan to make it happen?

Abbott desperately needed Senate cross-bencher support to get his legislation through. So how many times did Abbott actually meet with Glenn Lazarus during his entire time as PM? Once. If an issue is important it must be treated as important. And when Turnbull tried to independently create dialog and relationships with the cross-bench senators he was pilloried as traitorous! OMG. Gillard, love her or hate her, was quite different, being able to consult, and build relationships, and negotiate with cross-bench senators from the opposite side of the political spectrum.

The Penns seem to have a similar deficiency in consultation and communication - as evidenced by their communication with Manly fans. When they had a similar problem with recruitment, they solved it by getting serious about it and appointing Bozo. Better to have some definitive direction (even if it is not the best) than no direction. If the Penns lack these skills personally, that is not a problem as long as they treat the issue seriously with the right people and authorities and directions. It is a major concern if they have shut down, or are not treating seriously, the issue of political lobbying.

Last edited:
Does Anyone on here Really think that the Penns have The Manly Warringah Seaeagles Best Interest at Heart.
Please let me know.........

Does Anyone on here Really think that the Penns have The Manly Warringah Seaeagles Best Interest at Heart.
Please let me know.........
I don't know Jase. The available evidence is not looking too good for them at the moment. But I'm not inside their heads, don't have access to all that goes on, and have been wrong about my impressions plenty of times before.

"The council has previously called for the venue to be placed in a state-sponsored trust."
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...eagles-nrl-games/story-fngr8hax-1227353695190

That would be a great outcome. And do we have a plan to make it happen?

Abbott desperately needed Senate cross-bencher support to get his legislation through. So how many times did Abbott actually meet with Glenn Lazarus during his entire time as PM? Once. If an issue is important it must be treated as important. And when Turnbull tried to independently create dialog and relationships with the cross-bench senators he was pilloried as traitorous! OMG. Gillard, love her or hate her, was quite different, being able to consult, and build relationships, and negotiate with cross-bench senators from the opposite side of the political spectrum.

The Penns seem to have a similar deficiency in consultation and communication - as evidenced by their communication with Manly fans. When they had a similar problem with recruitment, they solved it by getting serious about it and appointing Bozo. Better to have some definitive direction (even if it is not the best) than no direction. If the Penns lack these skills personally, that is not a problem as long as they treat the issue seriously with the right people and authorities and directions. It is a major concern if they have shut down, or are not treating seriously, the issue of political lobbying.

I question how much council want this to happen - a media snippet to appease the voters is how is see that as actions speak louder than words.

Where is the follow up from council? Why isn't this done by now?

If there are road blocks then what are they? Then we might find there are some who can remove these or at least put pressure on it being removed. Neither council or the Penns seem to be pushing for a solution to this, they just prefer handbags at 10 paces with each other.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6