• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree with Cade Crust, but in the games that

The left edge hardly gets the ball especially if Nicho plays there, with Ramien and Thomas on that edge it was the same for the finals, one thing that stuffed Manly up they didn't throw the ball around to wear out a big Penrith side. Nicho, is a hog and needs to get that out of his system if he ever has aspirations to play in the halves. Tom is a fullback and has the whole field to himself he doesn't have to wait for the ball to be passed. But agree with you on Crust good little player
At17/18 most are show and go merchants they can develop quickly after that . In nicho case I hope so . We won't find out with wright for some time though apparently won't even be playing until may with the 20s at best

Who is Cade Cust? I've heard the name is he any good?[/Q

Cade is the SG Ball half back playing a year out of his age group and a very very good defender. Received best and fairest in SG Ball and most Manly followers would know him. Played for NSW 18's which is a little bit tougher than schoolboy rugby. Will not make big statements like some others .......just wait and see.........lot of things can happen.
My grandpappy said best to say nothing and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Looking at the gosford training gallery, the u20 guys who went there, are nicho hynes, jesse ramien, hugh pratt, t turbo and liam knight, no sign of demetriou although he has been previously spotted.

He has his great moments and then has his hog the ball moments. Hynes to me looks like he beleives he has to do everything when he plays he has no control IMO. His last tackle options a either get held up over the line or give a hospital ball to a forward on the 5th tackle. I think turning him into a fullback is a better idea he will play FB like Josh Dugan, not many try assists or passes, more of making big meters and lots of tries. I reckon he's a bit ordinary but I'll give him a chance he does have some beautiful abilities.
He is a work in progress, heck all half backs do what you mention including DCE from time to time. He showed in the finals last season that he has a cool head and slotted that field goal that got the boys into the grand final. He also only played after Riley Travers got injured, a kid with potential, lets enjoy seeing him develop

Not really necessary to try to pull apart two of our best prospective young talents in Hynes and Wright. Both have plenty of skill and both have the X factor that could see them develop into anything. Mostly both have work to do. Given that both are training with first grade I think it's fair to say that both are recognised by the people that matter and those whose opinions are most important as a good chance to be future NRL players. I have seen both play many times and are somewhat similar types of players. Run first halves who could easily play FB in the style of at Matt Moylan type. Both are athletes of good size. Think both will play NYC next year and it will be exciting to see them develop. IMO Wright has better speed and footwork at this point while Hynes would be a better defender. Both have time on the ball which makes them both so effective. Cade Cust isn't as dynamic as these two. He is a better organising half who is very solid defensively with a good kicking game.

A better prospect than wright, yeah righto did Hynes have 13 nrl clubs chasing him?
You know that from the daily smellygraph?
Just a heads up, take what the media say with a grain of salt - like most of us on here do.

Now you want to know more about Cade - why don't you search him up on YouTube no doubt if he has a 5 min clip of him tearing it up you'll call him to be Australia's next premier playmaker. Two weeks ago you're telling us we should sign Elgey from the GC for 2017, last week it was Brooks from the Tigers, now it's back to your infatuation with a schoolboy. People get in trouble for their infatuation with school kids mate.

You know that from the daily smellygraph?
Just a heads up, take what the media say with a grain of salt - like most of us on here do.

Now you want to know more about Cade - why don't you search him up on YouTube no doubt if he has a 5 min clip of him tearing it up you'll call him to be Australia's next premier playmaker. Two weeks ago you're telling us we should sign Elgey from the GC for 2017, last week it was Brooks from the Tigers, now it's back to your infatuation with a schoolboy. People get in trouble for their infatuation with school kids mate.
I said they would be good signings, wright has real talent he had 13 clubs chasing him and the wallabies. If you are to F*cken dumb to see that he is a going to be a great player! why don't you look past the negatives and see the positives!!!

I said they would be good signings, wright has real talent he had 13 clubs chasing him and the wallabies. If you are to F*cken dumb to see that he is a going to be a great player! why don't you look past the negatives and see the positives!!!
Like I said you know that because the media told you that. What negatives? There is no negatives I'm a realist you were the one calling Hynes a hog and a reserve grader at best - pretty sure that's a negative.

Hope he does become a great player but far too early to say that. Also no need to resort to low language on the board after you opened the door with sweeping statements. Don't believe all you read in the media.
Do some homework yourself. Seen Cade play? You hadn't even heard of him (played for NSW). Hynes would not be in the camp if he wasn't highly thought of.

Oh I didn't know the wallabies wanted him aswell as the thirteen clubs I apologise he must be brilliant then.

Not really necessary to try to pull apart two of our best prospective young talents in Hynes and Wright. Both have plenty of skill and both have the X factor that could see them develop into anything. Mostly both have work to do. Given that both are training with first grade I think it's fair to say that both are recognised by the people that matter and those whose opinions are most important as a good chance to be future NRL players. I have seen both play many times and are somewhat similar types of players. Run first halves who could easily play FB in the style of at Matt Moylan type. Both are athletes of good size. Think both will play NYC next year and it will be exciting to see them develop. IMO Wright has better speed and footwork at this point while Hynes would be a better defender. Both have time on the ball which makes them both so effective. Cade Cust isn't as dynamic as these two. He is a better organising half who is very solid defensively with a good kicking game.
I totally agree with u on assessment of hynes and Cade both are great plays and are going great thing I like about hynes is he doesn't die wonderer he has a go wether it comes of or not he is classy but I think he will be in nsw cup and 20 all year

Hynes adapts to senior training
Wayne Cousins

Wed 23rd December, 10:31AM
1450827258616.jpg

The sight of running at powerful forwards Nate Myles and Martin Taupau has been something Nicho Hynes has quickly had to adapt too.

At 19, Hynes has been training with the Sea Eagles squad in the lead up to Christmas. It is a just reward for the talented five-eighth, one of the real shining lights in Manly making the 2015 Holden Cup Grand Final.

“I’ve just been use to running at my U20s mates but to now run lines at Nate and Marty is certainly confronting, ’’Hynes said.

“Nate has been awesome. If I am not talking enough, he tells me to speak up.

“Training with the first grade squad has been surreal. Just being around Brett Stewart, Jamie Lyon, and Daly Cherry-Evans, they were players I looked up to as a kid. It’s crazy.

“To be able to watch Daly up close, yet train alongside him is amazing. The way he talks and moves the forwards around is something I need to work on in my game. He is so smooth and calm and if I make a mistake, he just gives me some tips on how to fix it.”

A tall five-eighth for his age, Hynes says he is fortunate Head Coach Trent Barrett can relate to his size.

“Trent has been great, especially with him being a tall five-eighth in his playing days,’’ Hynes said.

“He has taught me to be patient as I tend to overplay my hand. He wants me to run more too because of my size.”

The experience and the intense training Hynes is receiving with the first grade squad will be invaluable when he returns to the U20s under new coach Chad Randall.

Hynes had a memorable season in 2015 with one of his personal highlights being his amazing field goal against the North Queensland Cowboys in the preliminary final at AAMI Park to lift the Sea Eagles into the season decider.

Having earlier been taken off for a rest and with the scores level, Hynes was sent back on in the final minutes for a ‘Pot Black’ set play.

“At training, we had been practising the set and I was the one kicking the field goals. When I was told I was going back on for ‘pot black’, I had to brush the nerves aside and do it for the team. Fortunately, I struck the ball well and the field goal went over,’’ Hynes recalled.

“We all went beserk and got very excited, but we knew we had a couple of minutes left and we managed to hang in there. It was one of the toughest and most exciting matches I have ever played in.”
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2015/12/23/hynes_adapts_to_seni.html

upload_2015-12-23_11-6-28.png

https://www.instagram.com/nichohynes_/

Last edited:
There's some promising young halves gaining valuable experience with the first grade side this off season and I love it!
I haven't witnessed the junior games much this past season due to losing Foxtel and moving around so much but I hope they all get opportunities in the trial matches as well as the nines.
I think too many clubs rush bigger bodied junior halves into the forwards for the hope of creating a spot for smaller statured halves on the roster or kids still struggling to fill out.
The long term affect seems to cause clubs to hang on to these diminutive players in the hope they'll have a freakish growth spurt or break through in the gym that is unrealistic. The players drift in and out of 20's and state cup because clubs have invested in them but they rarely get a chance to step up or fill in for a game or two. Clubs keep them around for a while, guys like Sam Williams, Tyrone Roberts, Mitch Cornish, Chris Sandow. But too often it comes at the expense of someone who could of or should of kept training away in the halves, guys like Wade Graham, John Sutton and Curtis Sironin could have ended up no worse than Braith Anasta, but otherwise turned out similar to Terry Campesie (injury free), Brad Fittler, Laurie Daly, Trent Barret, Wally Lewis..etc (although not as great)
I still think the game has a place for the bigger halves and tradition has shown that many of the great teams had a diminutive, nippy organiser complimenting a big, skilful running five eighth. Hopefully Baz can identify our juniors and judge them on their skill base and potential and continue to develop them without falling for the trend of anticipating an eventual move into the forwards to create yet another 'ball playing forward'. Most back rowers are these days. You shouldn't have to be an ex playmaker to earn a pathway as a ball playing lock or edge forward.
With the new interchange rules, there's an exciting opportunity for those small, agile players to thrive on tiring defences but I hope we don't see the end of the big running 5/8th..
I can't help but wonder how some players would have turned out and possibly revived the position and their careers had their coaches persisted.

Passionate and near pointless rant I suppose but hey it's the offseason..

On a side note:
I received my new Manly training shorts yesterday so I whipped them straight on. Later, I was grabbing some groceries in the rain just in Surry Hills and I saw Snake as I so often do.
I tend to see a lot of Manly and Parra players on Crown St every second day for some reason.
Any way I just got back from 3 and a half months in Melbourne and too see Snake was exciting and refreshing. We made eye contact and he acknowledged my new shorts from his table, I murmured out something like 'reppin the new gear!' Which we both politely chuckled at as we bashfully saluted eachother's mutual appreciation for 'our club'. I remembered to wish him good luck next year in time to hear a "thanks mate!" I never stopped to disrupt his lunch with a couple of mates but it made it feel even better to be back in Sydney and back in League land.
2016 season cannot come sooner!!

Snake and Choc are part owners in the Toko chain of restaurants. Surry Hills and Melbourne are some of their locations.
https://www.instagram.com/p/877_u-jhe4/

Thanks for clarifying HappilyManly, for nearly 2 years now I thought Choc part owned 'fish and chips on Crown' and Ive seen him and Jarryd Hayne there the most but Snake heaps aswell and other Manly and Parra players frequently hang out around here too.
There's plenty of leaguies to spot.
On my flight back from Melbourne on Saturday, my seat was across the aisle from Cooper Cronk, behind me was my mate Big Al whose well known within the Sea Eagles and our most high profile supporter Hugh Jackman was upfront in business.
I saw most of Aussie Cricket team at Melbourne Airport before boarding too but I hate Cricket so I only recognised Shane Watson I believe..

So even that field goal was out of the David Heath coaching manual, practiced time and time again at training, and executed to perfection in the frantic last minutes of a game.

I just can not comprehend sacking Heath and keeping Willow. Bozo's face must appear in those goat photos.

Cust is a real ball playing half but not very quick. He does have a great tactical mind so will wait and see how he progresses.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8