• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Ram Rules!

Yeah, that'd be fanatastic. Maybe he can take all the snaps that DeSean doesn't want (because it apparently makes him too 'tired' to take every punt return. Poor baby).

In other news, holy s**t...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...ts-payton-one-year-?module=HP11_breaking_news

The NFL announced Wednesday that New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton will be suspended for one season without pay for his involvement in the team's bounty program. Saints general manager Mickey Loomis has been suspended for eight games. Former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams has been suspended indefinitely.

The team has also been fined $500,000 and will have to give up its second-round picks in the 2012 and 2013 NFL Drafts.

The league said in a news release that the involvement of individual players in the program is still being reviewed, and that any discipline will be announced at a future time.

In addition, Saints assistant head coach Joe Vitt has been suspended without pay for the first six games of the 2012 season.

Payton's suspension will begin April 1 and last for the entire 2012 season. Loomis' suspension, which is also without pay, will be for the first eight games of the 2012 season.

Williams, who was hired to be the St. Louis Rams' defensive coordinator earlier this year, will have his status reviewed by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell after the 2012 regular season has ended, according to the release. Goodell will then decide if Williams should be reinstated.

Sources close to Williams told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora that they were shocked by the news. The sources said they had been expecting a shorter suspension, something like a month or six games, and had been hoping for something that would last less than half a season.

The release spelled out Williams' involvement in the program, which was extensive. According to the release, he helped fund the pool that rewards came from, in addition to being the architect of the scheme.

Saints quarterback Drew Brees reacted very strongly to Payton's punishment.

"I am speechless," Brees wrote via his Twitter account. "Sean Payton is a great man, coach, and mentor. The best there is. I need to hear an explanation for this punishment."

Williams and Vitt also "misled" the league in its attempts to investigate the program, and Williams kept the program going in 2010.

It had already been known that Brett Favre and Kurt Warner had been among the quarterbacks targeted by the program. On Wednesday, the league's release revealed that the Panthers' Cam Newton and the Packers' Aaron Rodgers had also been targeted.

The NFL also issued a news release in which it announced that the rest of the teams in the league have been told by Goodell that they must ensure bounty programs are not in place. Owners and head coaches are required to provide a written guarantee to Goodell by March 30.

"Bounty programs have no place in our game," Goodell said in that release. "They are incompatible with our efforts to promote sportsmanship, fair play, and player safety."

The NFL revealed March 2 the findings of a lengthy investigation into a Saints "bounty" program that gave thousands of dollars in payoffs to players for hits that knocked opponents out of games. The program, administered by Williams, reached its height in 2009, the season the Saints won the Super Bowl.

The program ran in violation of league rules, and the investigation showed that Saints players received $1,500 for a "knockout" hit and $1,000 for a "cart-off" hit, with payouts doubling or tripling during the team's three playoff appearances.

The NFL Players Association formally requested that the league not punish the 22 to 27 players it cited in the scandal until the union had completed its independent investigation, which is underway, an NFLPA source told NFL.com's Steve Wyche.

TL;DR version:
  • Sean Peyton suspended for entire year without pay
  • Asst. head coach Joe Vitt suspended untill week 7)
  • Mickey Loomis (Saints GM) suspended until week 9 - I wonder if they are going to let him run the Saints' draft? Apparently his suspension begins immediately after NO make their final roster cuts to get down to 53 (in other words, just after the pre-season but before week 1). Peyton's suspension begins immediately though which means he can't be part of their draft team - that is immense.
  • Gregg Williams (now St.Louis DC) suspended indefinately without pay - presumably for longer than a year.
  • Saints fined $500,000USD
  • Saints lose their 2nd round pick for this draft & next year's draft

No word on what players are going to be punished as there is apparently an independant NFLPA investigation going on. Word is that there is 22-27 players being investigated (not all of which are still with the 'Aints).

Another question mark is if the Bills or the Redskins are going to be punished as well, as Gregg Williams apparently ran the same bounty system when he was DC at those teams.

Put a fork in the Saints for the 2012/13 season because they are done.

**EDIT**

Oh yeah, Tim Tebow is apparently now a New York Jet. I don't know what's funnier, Tim Tebow's passing skills or Mark Sanchez's self-confidence.

Well the Saints appealed & the league have knocked it back. It's also starting to look like Gregg Williams NFL career is well & truely over. Check out the audio in the link, pretty disgusting -

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fhnn9kbqQUA[/video]

Some of Williams' comments above also go in line with what the Giants' players were saying after last seasons NFCCG.

http://bloggingthebeast.com/2012/04...ns-and-targeted-him-in-nfc-championship-game/

TBH I wouldn't put it beyond the Giants, they are exactly the type of team that would try that kind of play.

Speaking of Cattledog...

Broncos & former Eagles great, Brian Dawkins, announced his retirement this morning. Greatest player to don an Eagles uniform that I've ever seen (& arguably the greatest defensive player, but I'm biased).

If any of you that bother to read this thread hasn't seen the below video, make sure you watch it. 9 minutes of insight into one of the greatest athletes ever to play the game;

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StP72IjZq_E&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Apparently he is going to sign a one day contract with the Eagles & have a retirement ceremony at the Eagles v Giants game at the Linc. Really hope that one day he takes up a coaching position with the team, he is still the most inspiring & beloved Eagle of all time after all.

Haha...yeah...

I have no idea what the Niners were thinking with that one TBH. Hoping thar round 2 yields a better prospect for you guys.

At the moment I'm still nerding out on the lounge celebrating that we got Fletcher Cox (time for dick puns) & watching day 2 of the draft.

Aaaand as I post we draft Mychal Kendricks out of Cal. Now we have 2 real linebackers! Hell yeah!

He looked alright to me, we were short on WRs last year and our punt returner ****ed our season last year so here's hoping he never returns another punt, if that chap turned into Finkle I wouldn't be shocked

I guess that the Niners coaching staff are happy with moving forward with Michael Crabtree as their #1 WR. Still suprised that they didn't take Stephen Hill, but time will tell if it was the right call or not.

Niners second round pick has me puzzled, LaMichael James RB from Oregon. Good player, kind of like a Darren Sproles-esque player. Not going to be an every down back but ridiculously quick & shifty. Good player & I would've liked him in Philly but I just don't see how he fits with San Fran. I mean, you've got Frank Gore already in place as the #1, Kendall Hunter who was taken in the 2nd round last year & Antonio Dixon who the team is apparently really high on. Could end up carrying 4 RBs next year?

Philly takes Vinny Curry - a DE - with their 2nd pick. Our D-line is seriously off the charts right now. I would hate to be Tony Romo, Eli Manning or RGIII next year.

RG3 is coming for you! Graded at 95 and they reckon 96 up is future Hall of Famer so we'll be expecting a big season (again.....)

RG3 is going to be on his ass for most of the year if the Skins run with that O-line they've got. Trent Cole will destroy that kid! (I hope)

In all honesty though, RG3 is probably going to be an absolute beast. I'd trade Vick for him right this moment if the chance was there. Should have a great career if he can stay injury free. NFC bEast is going to be very interesting next year with RG3, Eli, Romo & Vick.

Vikes had to take Kalil to protect Ponder but I bet they are glad the Browns were stupid enough to buy the Claiborn smoke screen and give up so many draft picks for a player the Vikes were never interested in (and not worthy to be mentioned in the same sentence as AP).

Now they've beefed up the secondary with two probably starters. Their next pick will probably be a WR.

Browns gave up those picks (4th, 6th & 7th IIRC?) to move up to get Trent Richardson, not Morris Claiborne. What you say is right though, great sell by the Vikes to snag those picks - I'm sure Cleveland had themselves convinced that the Bucs were going to move up for Richardson.

I'm not crazy about the Harrison Smith pick & I don't think that he was worth trading back up into the 1st for but the Vikes did need help in the safety department. Still not sure that it was worth it though, he could've been had in the 2nd.

Really love the Vikes 3rd rounder, Josh Robinson. Big cornerback, can hit & has adequate cover skills as well. Pretty raw, but plenty of potential. Should do well in the Vikes cover 2.

Fastest CB in the combine too.

My 2nd team is the Dolphins. Their QB pick is a big gamble. I know that's all was left but maybe they should have sucked one more year and dropped even further to get a high pick QB next year. The Fins bloke and Ponder have similarities I reckon, being first round picks but maybe a stretch.

Totally agree on Ryan Tannehill, really don't think that he is a sure-fire 1st rounder & could have fallen big time in another year with a stronger QB class. He's incredibly raw, having only played one year of QB in college (he played at WR before that) which is worrying & you'd say that the Fins have their work cut out in order to get him ready. Most likely scenario is that Tannehill sits for a year, learns the offence & the pro method of preparing for games & then steps up as starter in the 2013 season.

People have been talking about the Fins going with a college style spread offence next year, which may help Tannehill adjust. Analysts seem pretty divided on whether it would work or not, but honestly I think that the no-huddle offence is the future of the NFL - keep the defence on the field & force them to be amphorous - much like the Pats D scheme.

Absolutely love the Eagles draft & it is honestly the first time in a loooooong time that I can say that. The 'WTF' pick is still there in Nick Foles but the rest of the draft makes me giddy. Really like CB/RS Brandon Boykin who we got in the 4th. Was really worried that we'd let him slip by us when we took Foles in the 3rd but thankfully he lasted till out next pick & we got him. I'm fairly confident that he can step into the slot corner role this year & make it his own for the forseable future.

Well the best news they have had is that their draft was freakin awesome. Snagged DE/OLB Melvin Ingram at 18 overall when he was expected to be a top 10 selection. The dude is beast, so athletic for a guy that big (260lbs with OLB speed).

They also got Kendall Reyes in the 2nd to bulk up the D-line, who is a great player that many had sneaking into the 1st. If he comes good then the Chargers d-line is set for the next 5-8 years.

Picked up some decent reinforcements for the O-line in the later rounds, a safety who has a decent chance at starting across from Weedle towards the end of the year & a ridiculously athletic TE to back up Antonio Gates. All in all, a very nice haul for the Bolts.

Lost Vincent Jackson to the Bucs in free agency but picked up Robert Meachem from NO to fill the void. Meachem isn't as dominant as Jackson but he was quite a bit cheaper & wont bring the bitchy attitude that Jackson had.

Oh & you still have Phillip Rivers. Count me as jealous.

All good. You are probably talking about Hadnot, Taylor and Troutman. Also see we got Guess as a long-snapper and that has to be a positive. I'm feeling a bit more confident. Horrible last two seasons missing the playoffs and need to get the division results.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7