• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
After playing 16 seasons with the Packers, and leading them to a Super Bowl win, Brett Favre returns to Lambeau Field in the colours of their fiercest arch-rivals, the Vikings.

Perhaps the closest parallel in world sport would be if Beaver returned to Brookvale representing the Eels next season. 

Favre throws for 4 touchdowns and ices a 38-26 win with the entire crowd giving it to him.  Imagine Beaver coming back to Brookie and scoring a hat trick for the Eels?  Ouch.

Just to expand on that point a little bit, what was the general feeling when Fulton left, was he a hated figure or still cheered on at Brookvale ?

Kiwi, no-one would have questioned it. Look at what happened last time someone disagreed with Fulton........how is Fatty these days?

Matabele link said:
Fulton didn't play 16 seasons and Easts aren't death rivals.
in those days they were and Fulton had the same aura as Beaver has enjoyed. Fulton was Manly to me as a youngster in the 70s. The comparison fits closely.

Matabele link said:
Okay CW, what was Fulton's reception when he returned to Brookvale with Easts?
I was not there - I lived in Tamworth at the time. My guess is that he was booed, though there was an underlying and begrudging respect for him for what he did for Manly. He was Manly up until the day he left. He was greeted as the Prodical son when he returned as coach in the 1980s!!

I caught the last quarter of Chargers against the Giants in NY. They scored the winning touchdown with 21 secs left and shut the home crowd up after never looking threatening. Loved that. Up against the Eagles on Monday morning. Terrific game for the Steelers against the Tiges this weekend and the Vikings season should roll on nicely again vs the Lions.

Vikings draw opens right up now, some relatively easy home games and not a great deal to batter us, particularly seeing as the Giants appear to be sliding.  I'd imagine Tavares Jackson will see some QB time to freshen Favre up.

The Bengals are surprising!

Vikings were incredibly sloppy but never looked like losing, given they bashed the poor Lions' QB from pillar to post. 

SD dominated the Eagles except for the 4th quarter and it got close. On to Denver again and this game could help finalise the AFC West. Both conferences have some strong contenders this year.

Do you think the New Orleans will follow that of their NRL namesake MB?  If they do win this year it would make for a very emotional victory.

They have a huge differential but their last games have been closer. They and the Vikings are the pick of the NFC with the Cardinals having a strong roster. That is one city that really deserves a bit of good news.

Chargers have a pretty good running game.  Always useful in playoffs, especially if it's in a cold ground.

The weekly Fox Sports NFL round-up show where they play the audio from the ground mikes is fascinating.  Listening to Favre with the Vikings makes me realise what Manly missed so much this year in Beaver's absence. 

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2