• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I follow two teams - can't split them.  Dolphins and Vikings, AFC and NFC.  I was staggered to catch up with the Fins pummeling the Patriots by heaps.  Snapping a 21 game regular season game winning streak (after the Fins went 1-15 last year).  Right up there with one of the greater upsets of all time.

The Vikings look to have the player that will become the best running back of the next decade, maybe beyond.  Started slowly but they could build to something.

Cowboys supporter here... going over to see a game early in the new year!

Hopefully Romo can get over his stardom.

I caught my team, the Chargers, cleaning up the Jets the other day. They were 0-2 after a loss to bloody Denver through a poor call on the final play. They looked good and have a better chance than Pats after Brady was done. Nice win by the Fins for sure.

I need an NFL team....thinking I need to stick with the bird or bird of prey theme

Philadelphia Eagles probably then Dan. I am a Steelers fan and they have a massive rivalry with the Eagles. Different cities in the same state!!! Steelers should make the playoffs but don't have the offensive line to win it this year.

Mad Dolphins fan here.
I still have my Dolphins jacket my Mum bought in Hawaii 15 years ago.
Saw the Cowboys and Chargers live when they played first game at HomeBush many years ago.
That is a big part of why Ace Ventura Pet Detective is one of my all time favourite movies.

The Fins have not been the same since Marino had his cameo in Ace Ventura.  ;)

I started following them in 1988 when I did a Schoolies trip through the NT with an American friend from Florida.  The Vikings link comes from my obsession with all things Prince.

I tried watching the Eagles the other night, my god was I bored. Took the dogs for a walk instead

Canteen Worker link said:
Philadelphia Eagles probably then Dan. I am a Steelers fan and they have a massive rivalry with the Eagles. Different cities in the same state!!! Steelers should make the playoffs but don't have the offensive line to win it this year.
  Why do you go for the fibro dwellers CW?

Canteen Worker link said:
My parents live in Pittsburgh for about five years. Despite the Fibro image of a Steel town, Pittsburgh is anything but that!
  Some say that about Leichardt too - but it's still a **** hole.

Pittsburgh constantly wins awards for the most livable city in the US. You are parked in the 50s when it was nothing but a steel town, akin to Port Kembla. Philadelphia is much more of a hole.

Two H's in Leichhardt Mata. It also happens to be a much cooler vibe than Dubbo, other than it's lack of zoos & military museums that is.

Go the Bengals !
Bring back the Boomer !

How does a team manage to have the best defence in the NFL and the leading rusher in the NFL and manage to bow out at Wild Card stage?

Answer:  Put a monkey at Quarterback.

Any other bleeding Vikings fans will understand what I'm saying.

I guess I should support the Eagles from here.

Matabele link said:
How does a team manage to have the best defence in the NFL and the leading rusher in the NFL and manage to bow out at Wild Card stage?

Answer:  Put a monkey at Quarterback.
They both had black QBs Mata, if that is the ugly you are sending out. I watched all four games and that one was the best in a weekend of ordinary efforts. Disappointing for the home fans and supporters. Viking Offensive line allowed through too much pressure on Jackson but he seemed to make excuses when he took obviously poor options. Still, there are quite a few Eagle supporters on here.

Bolts managed to get home in OT, but really looked hard pressed against a good team in the Colts. LT was sidelined early 2nd Q and Sproles was the man to bring it home. Ravens were impressive and their D should see them go a long way.

No reference to him being black, just that he's useless.  I think Randall Cunningham and Warren Moon put to bed the theory that the QB had to be a white man.

The Vikes have not had a genuinely great quarterback for an awful long time.  Childress knows Jackson ain't the answer but looks to persist with him.

It the Vikes could just find a decent passer to combine with Peterson during what looks to be a RB dynasty, then they may finally break their drought. 

It was surprising to see my other team make the play offs.  The Fins went 1-15 last year and were lucky to get the one!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6