next years team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gary Dennison link said:
1.Hoppa
2.Oldfield
3.Lyon
4.Foran
5.williams
6.Stewart
7.DCE
8.King
9.Balin
10.Kite
11.Watmough
12.Stewart
13.Matai

14.Rose
15.Williams
16.Rodney
17.Lussick or Seu Seu

Brett Kenny did not kick he was pretty handy at 5/8

Matai shifted to Second Row?? ...Interesting!
& you really don't like T-Rex do you!! ha.

I can't fathom why anyone would want Stewart to move from 5/8th. Let's be honest, none of us here know exactly how his knees are progressing so it's pointless to make assumptions.

Brett had grown into the position enough to mean that his blinding speed was just a bonus, not what made him the great fullback that he was two years ago. I don't think Hoppa is ready yet, he's got a few years left in the u20s so I'd like to think the coaching staff will take advantage of that.

Can't see Matai in the back row either. I don't doubt that he'd excel there but he certainly wouldn't be as good there as he would be at center. There's also the matter of our back row being on of the best in the league.

Here's what I'd like to see us trot out with next year;

1. B.Stewart
2. M.Robertson
3. S.Matai
4. J.Lyon
5. D.Williams
6. K.Foran
7. D.Cherry-Evans
8. J.King
9. M.Ballin
10. B.Kite
11. A.Watmough
12. S.Rodney
13. G.Stewart

14. J.Buhrer
15. M.Cross
16. G.Rose
17. T.Williams

18. D.Harrison

All assuming there are no more signings of course.

I'd be very happy with that team Wolfpack.. With Hoppa being exposed more to first grade with injuries/suspensions.
& good to see bailey missing! ;)

I think Robbo should close out his current contract before he gets shown the door. 2009 really threw him around but he is one of the better positional wingers in the game.  Great finisher as well.

As the great Gus Gould once said, "give me one thing in a footballer and it's speed".

Speed saves tries, and it scores tries. What has Robbo got over Oldfield apart from experience?

Robbo is a refined finisher. You don't just get like that, it takes plenty of time and experience.
The guy has not missed a single game for us....ever.
I would say he is also tougher then most other wingers. He get's smashed 10 times a game but he never stays down.
I would stick with Robbo and put Wolfy on the other wing.

Volley link said:
As the great Gus Gould once said, \"give me one thing in a footballer and it's speed\".

Speed saves tries, and it scores tries. What has Robbo got over Oldfield apart from experience?

Positional play, recognition, finishing ability to name a few.

Not to mention that I'm sure it'd be great for team morale for an established veteran with two years remaining on his contract to be dumped for a rookie who has a couple of games under his belt.

Robbo isn't that slow anyway, it seems that his acceleration is the issue.

Robbo is one of our most consistent players.. he hardly makes any errors and is one of the best finishers in the game!!
& as Wolfpack has said, it wouldn't be a very good msg to send to the rest of the team! He's got a few more good years left in him yet! :)

Robbo hasn't done anything to deserve to get dropped and Olfield didn't do enough in his games to force his way in yet.

That might change but it's still Robbo for me.

Definately keep Robbo there... his finishing and awareness shouldnt be underestimated... oldfield will get his chance through injuries etc and will be awesome once he gets a go and a future champion winger. As for Stewart at 5/8... are you serious??? How can you throw Foran to the wolves like that? He is very quick, great step, good kicking game... already a seasoned international player... or will be after this year, with experience he will flourish! How many half breaks did he make this year? about a thousand! Imagine Stewart from fullback running onto a few of those... Sure experience in the halves would be beneficial but Foran has played 25 - 30 NRL games... by the end of next year will be pushing 50 games, I think we should stick with him!
Matai could possibly be moved to the bench for Whare but I would like to see a bit more of Whare first, make sure he can handle the rigors... If we are fully fit for the grand final next year (of course we will still be in!) this would be my team
Stewart, Robbo, Whare, Lyon, D.Williams, Foran, DCE, King, Ballin, Kite, Choc, Rodney, Stewart... Matai, Gulavao, Rose, Cross... few back ups that have already been mentioned... really we have a pretty damn good squad

Have to disagree with the original post, unless he has money on us for the spoon

Snake
Robbo
Killer
Matai
Wolfman
Foran
DCE
Kingy
Ballin
Kite
Choc
Rodney
Gifty

Reserves
Bailey
Nulavao (should never start with a G)
Williams
Rose
Cross
Buhrer

I'm obviously in the minority in regards to Robbo and Oldfield.

One thing with Robbo, all we hear is about his awesome finishing ability. When was the last time he scored a try and you sat back and thought, "geez I'm glad we've got Robbo, he's the only bloke who could score from there". When was the last time he ran someone down, or scored a long range try? He's solid and good for depth.

Since I'm in the distinct minority I'll cease my anti-Robbo diatribe.

Hoppa can still play 20s next season, I reckon he will play a majority of the season there, he could also become a very good centre too

Volley link said:
I'm obviously in the minority in regards to Robbo and Oldfield.

One thing with Robbo, all we hear is about his awesome finishing ability. When was the last time he scored a try and you sat back and thought, \"geez I'm glad we've got Robbo, he's the only bloke who could score from there\". When was the last time he ran someone down, or scored a long range try? He's solid and good for depth.

Since I'm in the distinct minority I'll cease my anti-Robbo diatribe.

He's shown moments of brilliance under the attacking high ball.
I dont think he is the force he was in '08, but then again he's not getting the support he was then.
Definitely has another season in him, but 2012 might be time for oldfield or hoppa on the wing

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Hoppa can still play 20s next season, I reckon he will play a majority of the season there, he could also become a very good centre too

I think our 20's should play Toyota Cup for as long as they can, with a taste of NRL (through injury cover) every now and them to keep them thirsty.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6