Next Years Team (2012)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ant80 link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=186918.msg324740#msg324740 date=1300529432]
Ok, my attempt:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Oldfield
03. Dean Whare
04. Jamie Lyon
05. William Hopoate
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
09. Matt Ballin
10. James Cunningham
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Matai
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Heath Le'Strange
15. George Rose
16. James Cunningham
17. Shane Rodney

+ I salivate at the prospect of Hoppa / Lyon combo.
+ Farrar always said he wanted back next season, if we couldn't get Le'Strange - I'd put him in the 14 jersey ALA NSW with Gidley
+ Matai could be an 80 minute aggressive backrower
+ Whare / Oldfield need their shot

I'd make a play for Heath Le'Strange from the UK. Only 25 odd next year, but from what I have heard, he's VERY unhappy with our club. Don't know how correct it is though.

Releasing: Robertson / Kite / Williams / Williams / Seu Seu / Cross / Galuvao / King frees up some space. We need to make a play at an International young forward or rep quality like TLL (and I'd pay good $$$ for him.)

Depth -
Buhrer / Harrison for when Matai / Rodney get injured / suspended.
Higgins for Hooker
Riccardi/L Foran should be ready for halves
I'm hoping Latu can Improve from NYC to be prop depth

Farq Cunningham's going to be busy starting and coming off the bench :p
[/quote]

You got me JUST before I edited.

Okay you've copped comment from me here's mine
Dream Manly line up

1. B.Stewart
2. M.Oldfield
3. J.Charnley
4. J.Lyon
5. W.Hopoate
6. K.Foran
7. DCE
8. J.Graham
9. M. Ballin
10. J.King
11. A.Watmough
12. S.Rodney
13. G.Stewart

14. J.Buhrer
15. D.Harrison/ S.Matai
16. G.Rose
17. L.Burgess

J.Charnley : English Centre so won't be taken away for Origin (mind you might go for England vs Exiles game). Currently plays for Wigan and still old enough to play U20's.
J.Graham : English Prop also won't be taken taken away for Origin. Huge workrate. Has played in four losing GF's in a row and also a CC, current English Captain
L.Burgess : Sam Burgess's older brother has played in big games i.e ESL Grand finals, Challenge Cup Finals and isn't rated as high as the ither Burgess Brothers but I'd still have off the bench

Another Englishman I'd consider getting is:
Elliot Whitehead from the Bradford Bulls plays better then Tom Burgess

So much can happen over the course of a season but it might be interesting to look back at this discussion in 12 months.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Oldfield
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. James Cunningham
09. Matt Ballin
10. Jason King
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Daniel Harrison
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. George Rose
16. Darcy Lussick
17. Tony Williams

I can't see them buying anybody and it seems as though they don't have the cash anyway. I really do think the squad is well balanced overall, they just need some time to develop.

One aspect they're missing is that Ben Kennedy type of "forwards leader". The one player that all other sides are weary of but sets a high standard that the others can follow. That player can be Watmough but he needs to lose the BS attitude and realise that as a senior player he has a responsibility to actually lead by example.

RLW says that his agent Darryl Mather is confident of veretran prop Brent Kite winning a new deal. He says they are looking at at least two years.

Bones link said:
RLW says that his agent Darryl Mather is confident of veretran prop Brent Kite winning a new deal. He says they are looking at at least two years.

I'm not sure about 2 but I'd definitely give Kite at least a one year extension.  I was impressed with how he finished off the year last year and think he's gone OK the first 2 games so far this year.  I'm not as convinced about King though.

Choc is the guy one can build a great team of forwards around.  Excellent player and leads by example.  I thought he went close to being mom on Sunday.  An extension for Kite and Princess?  I don't know.  An assessment further through the season for mine.  Kite still runs across the ground and although he didn't throw any silly passes on Sunday, I thought he was going to on a few occasions.  Maybe Des has got in his ear.  Stupid penalties by Princess will cruel it for him.     

ffs you would think listening to Darren and co that harrison,robinson,mauro and co won the game for us last week.they put in with all their soul but nothing I saw suggests any are outright budding superstars.the best four on the field by a mile were foran,whatmough,gnuluvua and stewart.Experienced players who lifted to the level they should be at each week which should be a lesson in attitude for all our senior men.i care about 2011 atm,not 2013 and to suggest that these young forwards will be the massive difference is silly.what will be the difference is a fit stewart and wolf(which we have not had for eons),lyon and matai staying on the field,king and kite going forward and DCE getting better each week.the young guys when given a chance will add some enthusiasm but dont overestimate their influence in 2011,that will come down the track.for a start when we are at full strength only buerher will get a run.

the roosters game was one week,not a season.i went out on a limb and predicted a great year but last week does not make me think i'm right.i need to see more,starting this week.

and all this bagging of choc is ridiculous.he is making a few errors but there is not a single forward in our pack(except glen on occasions) who has any strike whatsoever.choc busts his guts and was great last week.if we had a pack of superstars he may be under the whip but IMO he is so far and away our most important forward  it is not funny.

Funny how the one bloke who has stepped up so far this season - Buhrer doesnt seem to get a mention much from either side of this arguement.

Hopefully these high energy youngsters have placed a bomb under Kite & King. Must confess after watching a replay for the 3rd time of the w/ends game Big Joe was massive. He was dynamic with the ball & looking very threatening angling at holes & lazy defenders + his play the ball was 9/10 all day 1st to his feet. Still think its too early to nominate who to sack - put them all on notice & those not having a dig will be found out & shown the door.

Bones link said:
Kade snwden held off signing with the sharks. Would be cool to gazump the knights and sign him. A friend of mine who is a passionate dogs fan, reckons the bulldogs have already signed James Graham for next year but I don't see how they could fit him under the cap.

Today's RLW says James Graham is on the verge of signing a rich deal with the Bulldogs. Manly CEO Graham Lowe denies his club is interested, opening the door for the bulldogs to swoop.

Bones link said:
[quote author=Bones link=topic=186918.msg324466#msg324466 date=1300437592]
Kade snwden held off signing with the sharks. Would be cool to gazump the knights and sign him. A friend of mine who is a passionate dogs fan, reckons the bulldogs have already signed James Graham for next year but I don't see how they could fit him under the cap.

Today's RLW says James Graham is on the verge of signing a rich deal with the Bulldogs. Manly CEO Graham Lowe denies his club is interested, opening the door for the bulldogs to swoop.
[/quote]

The Bulldogs seem to have a very very creative accountant.

manlyborn link said:
[quote author=Bones link=topic=186918.msg330976#msg330976 date=1302044623]
[quote author=Bones link=topic=186918.msg324466#msg324466 date=1300437592]

[/quote]

The Bulldogs seem to have a very very creative accountant.
[/quote]

While I said in another thread how the 'dogs could possibly fit him in.

Interesting to see that Graham Lowe has denied we're interested in him. Souths said the exact same thing about Inglis when GI was about to sign with the Donkeys and low and behold who is Inglis playing for this season.

Actually the one prop I wouldn't mind having a crack at is Russell Packer.  He's just been dumped by the Warriors but I get the feeling a change in scenary would do wonders. He's young and got a heap of ability and perhaps we could take advantage of the rumoured unrest over in enzed and get him over to Brookie.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2