Next Years Team (2012)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
for fcuks sake, round 2 is not the time to be making decisions about next year, maybe you could start talking about issues after 8 rounds but now is far too early. yes our last couple of years have been a bit disappointing but we have made the semis both times despite some severe hardships and went out backwards in 09 on the back of Halls tragedy, (i know i didnt give a rats about the result after hearing what had happened, how could his mates be switched on) against the team that won the comp while cheating, and again in 10 against eventual premiers and wcc champions while being severely down on troops. i dont doubt there are things we could look at in regards to strengthening our roster but for now i would like to try to get excited on this year than look to next. And it seems the club is damned if they do and damned if they dont. When we did go shopping and bought the likes of Kennedy, hall and perry there were cries of disgust about buying washed up players at the expense of younger guys. Now the younger guys get their chance and people want to blow up about not signing anyone. Some people are glass half empty al the time , and the slashing of wrists and looking to next year is far too premature.

and people ripped me for saying we were too stacked with older players who have had better days and kids with no experience controlling the team, it only took 1 game  ;)  I did see some fans say we are a top 4 team  ::) with all those "internationals"

Darren link said:
and people ripped me for saying we were too stacked with older players who have had better days and kids with no experience controlling the team, it only took 1 game  ;)  I did see some fans say we are a top 4 team  ::) with all those \"internationals\"

Not everyone.

Bones link said:
Kade snwden held off signing with the sharks. Would be cool to gazump the knights and sign him. <b>A friend of mine who is a passionate dogs fan, reckons the bulldogs have already signed James Graham for next year </b> but I don't see how they could fit him under the cap.

How the f&ck do the bulldogs keep signing so many big name players every season????

true Ryan, not you mate, I don't get any joy out of us being back to pre 2008 again  :-[ I had high hopes that 2008 was going to be the start, not the end, can you believe that in hindsight we should have split up several of that team. Kite, Choc, Robbo are 3 that haven't been as dominant since. A 33 year old Gulavou and Mauro who is in our top 17 shows where we are sitting with current playing roster. Most got long term contracts and maybe players got complacent?? Now in 2011, we are full of players that have seen better days and we are missing out on other teams talent. People say get rid of Kite, Rose etc but there is no one out there off contract??

Snowden, LL, Kennedy, McKendry, Burgess, etc are all signed long term. We lost 2 top props who have potential (jarrod and Tasi) , Cunningham is so young at 21 and no nrl experience. Would have been great for Tasi to be around Kite etc but he saw no future with us.  :-[  Matt Cross has gone backwards since joing Des from Bellamy, how did Bellamy get Cross to play so well??

Darren link said:
true Ryan, not you mate, I don't get any joy out of us being back to pre 2008 again  :-[ I had high hopes that 2008 was going to be the start, not the end, can you believe that in hindsight we should have split up several of that team. Kite, Choc, Robbo are 3 that haven't been as dominant since. A 33 year old Gulavou and Mauro who is in our top 17 shows where we are sitting with current playing roster. Most got long term contracts and maybe players got complacent?? Now in 2011, we are full of players that have seen better days and we are missing out on other teams talent. People say get rid of Kite, Rose etc but there is no one out there off contract??

Snowden, LL, Kennedy, McKendry, Burgess, etc are all signed long term. We lost 2 top props who have potential (jarrod and Tasi) , Cunningham is so young at 21 and no nrl experience. Would have been great for Tasi to be around Kite etc but he saw no future with us.  :-[  Matt Cross has gone backwards since joing Des from Bellamy, how did Bellamy get Cross to play so well??

Don't worry Darren, it takes some people a while to pull their heads outta the sand. Slowly, it seems, it is happening. Signing Galavao is still a mystery to me!

I think if we can see some moves towards a 2008 run again then we all admit that we can't be dominant every year. The problem is now we need to replace 5-6 of our forward pack in next 2-3 years if they keep playing this way or retire/leave.
Kite and Joe will go. How long will Rodney last?? No way we would re-sign him for 2 plus years at later end of career. Rose hasn't gone forward, Mauro is same ole, Kite is 30, Choc is not the choc we all remember. Big decisions for Des. Backline looks good, only Robbo and Jamie are older. Glenn has to stand up this year. 

Shane link said:
Besides dropping a player who has a year left on his contract,2010 backrow is still together next year

maybe not, who can tell what will happen in the course of 12 months

Ralphie link said:
This what I think:

1. Snake
2. Hoppa (Robbo released)
3. Jamie
4. Matai
5. Wolf
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. New Big Name Big Bopper
9. Ballin
10. Kingy
11. Choc
12. Buhrer
13. Glenn
14. Cunningham
15. Kite
16. Lussick
17. T-Rex
18. Rose
19. L Foran
20. Ricardi
21. Mauro
22. Tim Robinson
23. Daniel Harrison
24. Dean Whare
25. Seu Seu
26. Blake Davey
27. Oldfield

Is that enough for you.

The new prop is paid for by releasing Robbo, Joe G, Cross & Rodney. Before you start screaming releasing 4 & buying one, let's face it, Cross is a liability, Rodney is injured half the time and Hoppa is an instant replacement for Robbo, whilst Joe is simply too old. Those four between them would probably free up $350k for the new prop.

I reckon they will let David Williams go before Robertson unless he is preared to take  a $100k pay cut.

Also Portlock will be ahead of Davey.

Kite wont be resigned when he next comes off contract. Anyone know when that is ? I thought it was this year ?

Moops link said:
[quote author=Darren link=topic=186918.msg324541#msg324541 date=1300481497]
true Ryan, not you mate, I don't get any joy out of us being back to pre 2008 again  :-[ I had high hopes that 2008 was going to be the start, not the end, can you believe that in hindsight we should have split up several of that team. Kite, Choc, Robbo are 3 that haven't been as dominant since. A 33 year old Gulavou and Mauro who is in our top 17 shows where we are sitting with current playing roster. Most got long term contracts and maybe players got complacent?? Now in 2011, we are full of players that have seen better days and we are missing out on other teams talent. People say get rid of Kite, Rose etc but there is no one out there off contract??

Snowden, LL, Kennedy, McKendry, Burgess, etc are all signed long term. We lost 2 top props who have potential (jarrod and Tasi) , Cunningham is so young at 21 and no nrl experience. Would have been great for Tasi to be around Kite etc but he saw no future with us.  :-[  Matt Cross has gone backwards since joing Des from Bellamy, how did Bellamy get Cross to play so well??

Don't worry Darren, it takes some people a while to pull their heads outta the sand. Slowly, it seems, it is happening. Signing Galavao is still a mystery to me!
[/quote]

We brought Galavao becuase he was cheap and has alot of experience. How many grand finals has he played in? 3 I think. When you have a number of young players coming through you need these type of players to mentor the younger guys. Personally I have no issue with us bying Galavou as his experience is invaluable. We are terribly quick to want to sign all these big name players, but we haven't even blooded some of our younger guns yet.

Be patient people

01.Brett Stewart
02.Michael Oldfield
03.Will Hopoate / Dean Whare
04.Jamie Lyon
05.David Williams
06.James Maloney
07.DCE
08.James Graham
09.Matt Ballin
10.Jason King
11.Jamie Buhrer
12.Shane Rodney
13.Glenn Stewart

14.Kieran Foran
15.James Cunningham
16.Darcy Lussick
17.Steve Matai

Release:
(1) Watmough - who hasn't performed for a while, is prone to off-field dramas, and appears (albeit from an outsiders viewpoint) to be not the greatest role model for the younger players in the group  - and takes up a large chunk of cash.
(2) Joe Galuvao - played quite well last year, but is aging and not appropriate for our team next year
(3) Michael Robertson - this is a tough one; he has been so great for us, Mr Reliable and effective, yet there has been a distinct decline over the last couple of years in both speed and effectiveness.  We need to make way for the young guys to have a crack.
(4) George Rose - again, showed patches of fantastic form in 2009, struggled last year in a big way, and can't see him turning this around.  He will always be big, but he is too big and unfit and it comes back to attitude and work ethic - the results are there for all to see.
(5) Vic Mauro - seems like a nice guy no doubt, but not someone that will play a key role in achieving a premiership.  It's the whole opportunity cost assessment; we have Vic taking up a spot that a younger, more talented and effective player could fill.
(6) Matt Cross - Has not impressed since being here, and it just appears like someone who didn't want to leave his old club and has never really given it everything at ours.
(7) Tony Williams - we've invested time and money into Tony.  He was our top try scorer last year; having said that, he rarely created these himself (with one or two notable exceptions).  You can teach him all you like, but you can't change his fire (or lack of) that is a personal responsibility that he hasn't stepped up to in 3 years.
8] Brent Kite - Again, has been a very good player for us at times, especially in 2008; however, by 2012, his peak would have been 4yrs in the past and not the right move to resign. This would free up considerable money for some quality signings.
(9) Terence Seu Seu - not bad, but not what we need.  I'd have Kieran as our replacement hooker/half from the bench.  Then we have Liam Higgins and others who can fill that spot should injury strike.

I thought Galavou was having a real dig last week before being kicked in the nuts.
I do agree we definitely need to bolster our front row stocks.
As for buying James Graham, he wouldn't come cheap and I'm very sceptical about outlaying a fortune and putting all our eggs in one basket.

I know I've asked before but can anybody give me a site that has current NRL contracts, everything I've looked at has been way out of date.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1300492950[/time]

PJAYZ link said:
01.Brett Stewart
02.Michael Oldfield
03.Will Hopoate / Dean Whare
04.Jamie Lyon
05.David Williams
06.James Maloney
07.DCE
08.James Graham
09.Matt Ballin
10.Jason King
11.Jamie Buhrer
12.Shane Rodney
13.Glenn Stewart

14.Kieran Foran
15.James Cunningham
16.Darcy Lussick
17.Steve Matai

Release:
(1) Watmough - who hasn't performed for a while, is prone to off-field dramas, and appears (albeit from an outsiders viewpoint) to be not the greatest role model for the younger players in the group  - and takes up a large chunk of cash.
(2) Joe Galuvao - played quite well last year, but is aging and not appropriate for our team next year
(3) Michael Robertson - this is a tough one; he has been so great for us, Mr Reliable and effective, yet there has been a distinct decline over the last couple of years in both speed and effectiveness.  We need to make way for the young guys to have a crack.
(4) George Rose - again, showed patches of fantastic form in 2009, struggled last year in a big way, and can't see him turning this around.  He will always be big, but he is too big and unfit and it comes back to attitude and work ethic - the results are there for all to see.
(5) Vic Mauro - seems like a nice guy no doubt, but not someone that will play a key role in achieving a premiership.  It's the whole opportunity cost assessment; we have Vic taking up a spot that a younger, more talented and effective player could fill.
(6) Matt Cross - Has not impressed since being here, and it just appears like someone who didn't want to leave his old club and has never really given it everything at ours.
(7) Tony Williams - we've invested time and money into Tony.  He was our top try scorer last year; having said that, he rarely created these himself (with one or two notable exceptions).  You can teach him all you like, but you can't change his fire (or lack of) that is a personal responsibility that he hasn't stepped up to in 3 years.
(8) Brent Kite - Again, has been a very good player for us at times, especially in 2008; however, by 2012, his peak would have been 4yrs in the past and not the right move to resign. This would free up considerable money for some quality signings.
(9) Terence Seu Seu - not bad, but not what we need.  I'd have Kieran as our replacement hooker/half from the bench.  Then we have Liam Higgins others who can fill that spot should injury strike.

I think you will have to re-plan your team with Anthony Watmough still include because there's no way he and the club are going to part company until his contract expires.

Ok, my attempt:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Oldfield
03. Dean Whare
04. Jamie Lyon
05. William Hopoate
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
09. Matt Ballin
10. Jason King
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Matai
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Heath Le'Strange
15. George Rose
16. James Cunningham
17. Shane Rodney

+ I salivate at the prospect of Hoppa / Lyon combo.
+ Farrar always said he wanted back next season, if we couldn't get Le'Strange - I'd put him in the 14 jersey ALA NSW with Gidley
+ Matai could be an 80 minute aggressive backrower
+ Whare / Oldfield need their shot

I'd make a play for Heath Le'Strange from the UK. Only 25 odd next year, but from what I have heard, he's VERY unhappy with our club. Don't know how correct it is though.

Releasing: Robertson / Kite / Williams / Williams / Seu Seu / Cross / Galuvao  frees up some space. We need to make a play at an International young forward or rep quality like TLL (and I'd pay good $$$ for him.)

Depth -
Buhrer / Harrison for when Matai / Rodney get injured / suspended.
Higgins for Hooker
Riccardi/L Foran should be ready for halves
I'm hoping Latu can Improve from NYC to be prop depth

Ryan link said:
Ok, my attempt:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Oldfield
03. Dean Whare
04. Jamie Lyon
05. William Hopoate
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
09. Matt Ballin
10. James Cunningham
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Matai
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Heath Le'Strange
15. George Rose
16. James Cunningham
17. Shane Rodney

+ I salivate at the prospect of Hoppa / Lyon combo.
+ Farrar always said he wanted back next season, if we couldn't get Le'Strange - I'd put him in the 14 jersey ALA NSW with Gidley
+ Matai could be an 80 minute aggressive backrower
+ Whare / Oldfield need their shot

I'd make a play for Heath Le'Strange from the UK. Only 25 odd next year, but from what I have heard, he's VERY unhappy with our club. Don't know how correct it is though.

Releasing: Robertson / Kite / Williams / Williams / Seu Seu / Cross / Galuvao / King frees up some space. We need to make a play at an International young forward or rep quality like TLL (and I'd pay good $$$ for him.)

Depth -
Buhrer / Harrison for when Matai / Rodney get injured / suspended.
Higgins for Hooker
Riccardi/L Foran should be ready for halves
I'm hoping Latu can Improve from NYC to be prop depth

Farq Cunningham's going to be busy starting and coming off the bench :p

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4