Next week.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

joeboy

Bencher
Focus on team building, maybe relax a little and enjoy each other's company. We have the combinations and skill set. It's all about execution and desire. Maybe get in bozo or beaver or arko to talk about the manly spirit and what's great about being a manly player.

And please stop flying in at the ref, it is such a bad look having three or four players screaming at the ref at anyone time, it's been happening for a few weeks and won't change anything or hold us in good stead for the rest if the natch. The refs are gonna get things wrong, let's concentrate on what we can control.it treks of desperation and frustration. Let killer handle it.

We have a decent break till our next game, hopefully the boys can pull together for a last push for this year.

I want to see the boys enjoying their footy and enjoying the skill of each other, it breaks my heart to hear the continual reports of infighting and dissatisfaction. I really hope it's not as bad as we all kinda fear.

I thought over the last few weeks that maybe we had one eye on the finals, but tonight proved to me that we are too light on in the forwards. The intensity in the first 10 minutes was a team hellbent on winning, but after the initial exchanges, we got worn down in the forwards, and no amount of desire could wrestle back the momentum. We do not have the cattle I am afraid.

The symptoms were there. Kick and chase was awful. Souffs got 2 tries to start the game and missed another cause we allowed their back 3 far too much latitude. We were stuffed after that. No oulse till the 65th minute either. Very disappointing.

joeboy said:
Focus on team building, maybe relax a little and enjoy each other's company. We have the combinations and skill set. It's all about executi
And please stop flying in at the ref, it is such a bad look having three or four players screaming at the ref at anyone time, it's been happening for a few weeks and won't change anything or hold us in good stead for the rest if the natch. The refs are gonna get things wrong, let's concentrate on what we can control.it treks of desperation and frustration. Let killer handle it.

We have a decent break till our next game, hopefully the boys can pull together for a last push for this year.

I want to see the boys enjoying their footy and enjoying the skill of each other, it breaks my heart to hear the continual reports of infighting and dissatisfaction. I really hope it's not as bad as we all kinda fear.

Pull together the only thin most of them will be pulling is themselves...LOL

We're just paying the penalty for 10 successful years. The salary cap has ruined our forward pack and our halves are commanding too much money. Until we lose a few star players we just don't quite have the room in the cap to get the forward depth that we need.

Having said that, with an injury-free roster we would have had a better chance tonight. No Ballin alone makes a huge difference to our defence.

simz said:
No go forward all year. You cant win a match when you are always on the backfoot.

Exactly right, we couldn't win a match all year because we had no go forward and were always on the back foot...... oh hang on we finished equal first. How does that work with no go forward all year? I am confused now.

Next week if we get within 12 points of either the storm or dogs I will be happy

This could get very very ugly next week-surely we cannot play that badly 2 weeks in a row but with the team disunity and confidence shot to pieces it seems likely

I think we will play Saturday!!

Last night Souths got a penalty in their first set. Their halfback was tackled, stood up quick, had a Manly player still close to him so he dropped straight back to the ground. Hayne gives penalty to Souths. That set the tone. From then on Souths players pushed past markers and Issac Luke was allowed to run without being tackled. People will say it made no difference but it gave Souths 65% possession and all the momentum. If possession was even Manly were a chance. But the refs sped the game up and it was blown out. It's momentum-ball game not rugby league. But no one at NRL cares.

Brissie Kid said:
Last night Souths got a penalty in their first set. Their halfback was tackled, stood up quick, had a Manly player still close to him so he dropped straight back to the ground. Hayne gives penalty to Souths. That set the tone.

KOMORI said:
How us that possibly a penalty fmd

I posted the above when that penalty was given and still can't believe it was given: obviously milked, and Shame Hayne was suckling on that teat for all his worth. Should have been ignored, or at best a penalty to us for milking.. But hey they're never going to crack down on the niggling **** tactics employed by that horrible **** club..

KOMORI said:
I posted the above when that penalty was given and still can't believe it was given: obviously milked, and Shame Hayne was suckling on that teat for all his worth. Should have been ignored, or at best a penalty to us for milking.. But hey they're never going to crack down on the niggling ... tactics employed by that horrible ... club..

It's the logic inside the NRL that rewards milking. They say the player wouldn't be able to milk it if there wasn't a tacker there, so the penalty is justified.

You can't win an argument against a pot plant.

The game is dead.

Brissie Kid said:
It's the logic inside the NRL that rewards milking. They say the player wouldn't be able to milk it if there wasn't a tacker there, so the penalty is justified.

You can't win an argument against a pot plant.

The game is dead.

Couldn't agree more. It's being slowly killed by the muppets running the show.. Coincidentally, blokes who've never pulled on a jersey in their lives :(

Fluffy said:
simz said:
No go forward all year. You cant win a match when you are always on the backfoot.

Exactly right, we couldn't win a match all year because we had no go forward and were always on the back foot...... oh hang on we finished equal first. How does that work with no go forward all year? I am confused now.

:cool: Thank U @Fluffy (and @eaglebuzz here too) for some logic and perspective! (I've stopped reading many Threads as while I agree all are entitled to any opinion, I just don't get the level and depth of disillusion and criticism; winding up steadily day-by-day this past month).

We did finish equal 1st for the regular season. (14 clubs would've jumped off the Harbour Bridge at season's start to be in that position) *That's assuming all got out of the water unscathed, lol*

Our core-group of legends are naturally ageing, being less potent or able to maintain our tremendous standards for the full year now. *As said: I'm sensing a tired group; not just physically, but mentally, from all the media-turbulence and genuine contract-problems*

We love and pride ourselves on our strong unity and culture, yet are alarmed and hyper-critical when men that have such strong bonds express disappointment it has to come to an end...? *To me (knowing "some" discontent is a reality, is just the downside to that loyalty and brotherhood they have shared for so long.

But that's footy. Happens in every era, to every club. Even the best have to retire or move on eventually. *Started with Beaver. More recent were Kite, Nood, Rose...And this year it's Gift (and probly Wolfie ending their time here)*

Apart from that U have to see how serious injuries (at this crucial time) are undermining Us at the last minute??

Ballin, Buhrer, (Gift for ages now) and losing Hodges as well during Friday night's game are as big (if not bigger reasons for Us faltering). It's very clear from that game (v Souths) men like Skivi, Kingy, Tafua and Choc are playing-hurt.
Even DCE doesn't look anywhere near fully-fit to me. *These blokes are doing their best, after a long, relentless and difficult campaign (and an above-average result too, no matter the result v the Dogs!)

We are battered and bruised, and throw in mentally-fading too if U like.
And we need to tweak and add to the squad for next year, Yes.

I'm just not going to kick my team while they're down.
There's more than enough of that going on here.

I'm just trying to add some balance (and perspective) to this Thread, as Fluffy and eaglebuzz have done, too. And we still have at least one-shot left.

Long-shot; absolutely! Still preferable to seeing 'em having their Mad Monday today!

We entered that match with a proven liability; Jorge. He is a very limited winger in these days when being able to catch, diffuse bombs and jump to catch bombs is so important. He is an explosive runner and good finisher. But it's not enough the way RL is now played. I paid particular attention to watching him in the warm-up catching high kicks. He looked petrified. His technique was terrible and he never jumped. He's not a natural catcher and to be a good winger you can't be scared of the high ball.
I honestly think Jorge will have to reinvent himself as a back rower. If not, every team will bomb the crap out of him. He knows it, his teammates know it. He has to be given the off season off to become a bullocking forward, much in the mold of Ruben Wiki who started off as an outside back.

The Who said:
I honestly think Jorge will have to reinvent himself as a back rower. If not, every team will bomb the crap out of him. He knows it, his teammates know it. He has to be given the off season off to become a bullocking forward, much in the mold of Ruben Wiki who started off as an outside back.

I agree. His bullocking running style is ideal for the role. He can do it.

The definition of insanity is repeating the same experiment and expecting a different result. In other words, we need to change our team. This is the last chance. It's desperation stakes. So, I hope 2V has the courage to shake things up.
Imo both Jorge and Hiku need to be dropped for Gutho and Blair.
The 'Elephant Man' and Tyson Andrews need to come into the 17, for Horo and Choc (who will probably be suspended, but I'd like to see if our mojo changes when he's not in the team).
As for hooker; I'd gamble on Stigg from the Under 20s.
Yes, I'm being incredibly radical but over the past month it surely is obvious that our regular 17 just aren't playing as a team.

ManlyBacker said:
The Who said:

I agree. His bullocking running style is ideal for the role. He can do it.

He could also follow Joe G.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4