Next Week?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
What would you prefer lads?

Beat the Titans, and play Melbourne in Melbourne week one?
Lose to the Titans and play St George at Kogorah week one?

I'm leaning towards lose tbh....but that means we have to get to the GF the long way round.

Ryan link said:
What would you prefer lads?

Beat the Titans, and play Melbourne in Melbourne week one?
Lose to the Titans and play St George at Kogorah week one?

I'm leaning towards lose tbh....but that means we have to get to the GF the long way round.

win and play melbourne week one, most likley get two bits at the cherry and we then would not play melbourne again unless we made the GF

I'd prefer that we beat the Titans and Melbourne lose to Warriors, then we get to play the Scum at home first week of finals.

Actually who am I kidding, all I want is our team to start playing some of the footy they are capable of, then it doesn't matter who we play, or where.

Melbourne lose and both us and bongos win we play them at brookie.\

We can end up playing more than 2 teams depending on results

Beat the Tits.  Go into the finals with some sort of winning form.  With Lyon back we should get some structure into the backline.  The front row is now a problem.

Friday's result will have a bearing on our game. If the Dragons win they sew up second spot (or even first if the Dogs were to lose to the Tigers). Titans are then 3rd no matter what else happens and so a week before the semis, the game is not one of great intensity.

My basis for this is how long it took for us to put the Panthers away in round 26 last year.

Completely agree, the front fow has been a problem all year but it just got worse with the injury to Princess.  He's been quite good of late, and with Rodney out, who will Des get in to replace? 

Rose
Ballin
Perry
Choc
Bailey (If right)
G Stewart

LeStrange
Kite
Hall
Hargraves (Had a blinder in Toyota Cup)

He played a Glenn Stewart role but on the left. He was a good link man and put a fee players away with a fast flat cut out pass to the left

Only one round of Home v Away games to come, this weekend, which will finally sort out the top 8 finalists.. Exciting stuff!

We of course DON'T want the Broncos to come good..
With any luck the Raiders upset them at Lang Park, the Warriors best the Storm, and the Sea Eagles snap out of their wussy softness and dominate the Titans mightily at Brookvale next weekend.

To top that off the Dragons bouncing back to bring the Eels back to earth @ Kogarah and the Panthers ending the Knights' season @ Newcastle would make the entire deal oh soooooo sweeeet.

(Not that I'll likely tip those results ;)

So the ladder for the teams in the hunt looks like this going into Rd26

1. Dogs 38 +169
2. Dragons 36 +182
3. Titans 36 +81
4. Storm 31 +127
5. Manly 30 +56
6. Broncos 30 -67
7. Eels 29 +40
8. Knights 28 -18

9. Panthers 27 -39

Games next week are...

Dragons v Eels
Tigers v Dogs
Manly v Titans
Sharks v Souths
Warriors v Storm
Roosters v Cowboys
Knights v Panthers
Broncos v Raiders

This is going to be a wild weekend I'd say with all those teams having a chance of moving positions.

Whoever wins out of Panthers and Knights makes the semis. Manly are at least 5th if not 4th if we beat the Titans. Broncos can come 4th if both us and Melbourne lose. Parra can come 5th at best if Broncos and us lose.

We can either be 4th at best or 7th at worst with a possible home semi or knockout against the Titans or Dragons.

wow 7 v 8 play off thats awesome. Neither will do anything and neither deserves it...

come to think of it neither do we.. but we got 32 pts if we win which i guess wouldnt be a bad finish considering.

We need to improve alot to do anything..

Gee it's going to be an interesting first week of the finals. If we lose to Titans, and Broncos and Eels get up then we finish 7th with Knights or Panthers 8th, leaving us in sudden death territory.

Even if we win and hold onto 5th spot we'll have Eels and Broncos below us on table and they are both more than capable of winning in the first week of the finals. This still leaves us in danger of being one of the two lowest placed losers in week one of finals should we have to travel to Melbourne and we lose down there.

Realistically the only two safe sides in week one are the Bulldogs and whoever finishes second. All the bottom 4 sides, with the exception of the Panthers or Knights (depending on who wins their clash) are capable of winning first week of the semis, so even positions 3 and 4 on the table may not be safe.

The easy solution to this is just to keep winning from here on in. Easier said then done given our lack of consistency this season.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4